Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

September 1, 2011
Six Flags Great Adventure Announces New Attractions For 2012

Theme Park Takes Classic Thrills to New Heights with SkyScreamer and More
Six Flags Great Adventure, America’s largest regional theme park, today unveiled plans to add both extreme and family thrills to its current lineup for 2012. SkyScreamer, an extreme swing ride, will transform the Fantasy Forest skyline while three additional family rides are introduced to the whimsically-themed section below – bumper cars, scrambler and flying elephants.

Theme park guests will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer. The newest sensation in tower rides, SkyScreamer will take swing rides to the next level and join the park’s already breathtaking lineup of thrills as it whisks guests up, up and away high over the park, feet dangling and hair blowing. Towering 15 stories above the ground, SkyScreamer will reside next to the classic Big Wheel. Thirty-two guests will board the ride and sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round. At full swing, guests will soar in a 98-ft. circle at speeds of 40 mph high above the park below.

For those wishing to keep their feet closer to the ground, the park is introducing two new, yet classic, family attractions – bumper cars and a music-themed scrambler. Guests will also be greeted with the return of the popular flying elephants ride, which formerly made its home in The Golden Kingdom section of the theme park.

“Although we are best known for our record-breaking thrills, families have told us they would like more attractions they can enjoy together. So this season we are introducing four rides sure to deliver fun for all ages,” said park president John Fitzgerald.

At Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, it’s go big, go extreme – with the addition of exciting, new drop boxes guaranteed to ramp up the thrill factor at the slide tower known as “The Falls.” Guests will climb into a clear, fully-enclosed launch capsule and begin the nerve-wracking countdown to the moment when the floor literally disappears beneath them and sends them into a freefall at speeds of up to 32 mph.

“Drop boxes are an innovative, exciting addition to our already thrilling speed slides,” Fitzgerald added. “They are not for the faint of heart. The sheer anticipation of waiting for the floor to drop will have our guests’ adrenaline pumping.”

The best way to enjoy the thrills of the 2012 season is with a season pass. 2012 season passes are currently on sale and a great family value at $59.99 per person, which includes the theme park and free admission to the Wild Safari; and for just $10 more provides admission to Hurricane Harbor water park. All season passes include free tickets for friends and unlimited access to this season’s Fright Fest Halloween celebration in October. Guests who process their passes by October 30, 2011 receive one free parking pass with every four season passes purchased-a $50 value. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

http://affiliate.kic.../151061.html?b=
Posted Image

#2 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

15 stories... 1 word: dissapointment :thumbsdown:
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#3 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

I don't mean to sound spoiled, because this is good for our park, but come on. 150 feet? Really? Isn't that the same height as the Discovery Kingdom one? Isn't the one in St. Louis taller than ours? We're supposed to break all the records, and all we get is 15 stories? I mean, the Parachutes get you a better view.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#4 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

It's a disappointment to say the least. It's going to have awful lines with only 32 passengers per cycle. Well, at least it's not replacing anything, especially the parachute tower. If it did replace it, it would be an unworthy replacement.

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#5 CaptainJack

CaptainJack

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

Whomp... Why must Six Flags be so Six Flags?

#6 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Can somebody say 'Bomb Bay' knockoff? lol

I think its good though that the park will be gaining 4 flats. Its really dissapointing walking through the park seeing all these empty flat spots that smokers swarm into.

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#7 flyingcrayons

flyingcrayons

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

while i must say i'm disappointed with the gadv rides, the drop box at hurricane harbor seems intense. i mean standing in a small little box, not knowing when youre going to go, and then bam, youre off! sounds amazing, im definitely going to check out HH next year

#8 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

A lot is being invested into GAdv this year. Isn't HH also getting Bonzai Pipeline. It looks like you guys got the most well rounded additions.

#9 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

A lot is being invested into GAdv this year. Isn't HH also getting Bonzai Pipeline. It looks like you guys got the most well rounded additions.

No, that's SFSTL. We are getting a slide tower with drop box(es). I'll take it, we lack a drop box, and we could always use some sort of new slide. I'm very happy actually that it isn't a looping slide. They seem very painful, deadly type of slide. A drop box without a loop might be better for us. I just hope GP doesn't go "This new slide is the same as the rainbow one!"
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#10 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

No, that's SFSTL. We are getting a slide tower with drop box(es). I'll take it, we lack a drop box, and we could always use some sort of new slide. I'm very happy actually that it isn't a looping slide. They seem very painful, deadly type of slide. A drop box without a loop might be better for us. I just hope GP doesn't go "This new slide is the same as the rainbow one!"

Bonzai Pipeline- 2012(page 7)

also The Falls are being retrofitted with drop boxes(the tall speed slides)
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#11 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:01 AM

I can care less about the swings height. Maybe it's as tall as the one at KD with the Peanuts theming. I can easily look down the NITRO lift hill while my train goes up. The swings are about family. The shorter the height the quicker the cycle. They can make up for people that way.

Did we get the Scrambler back from SFOG that was once our Centrifuge? I'm glad these additions are coming. I thought it was just the swings and the water slides at first.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#12 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

I wonder if by music-themed they mean it's going to be called "Shake Rattle and Roll" like it was at SFOG. Does that mean it will be indoors?
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#13 CaptainJack

CaptainJack

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

Part of me is tempted to believe the "music-themed" scrambler is in fact our old himalaya and Six Flags was trying to get a little creative marketing it. The bumper cars, new system or just reopening the old one?

The most exciting part for me is the idea of the whole Fantasy Forest being transformed.

SkyScreamer is just one element of Fantasy Forest's dramatic transformation in 2012, as four rides are being added to bring thrills to guests of all ages and invigorate this whimsically-themed area. For those wishing to keep their feet closer to the ground, the park will also introduce two new yet classic family attractions – bumper cars and a music-themed scrambler. You'll also be greeted with the return of the popular flying elephants ride, which formerly made its home in The Golden Kingdom.

Hopefully this means some killer lighting, new buildings, and more detail for the area. I always though this part of the part had a lot of potential.

#14 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

They actually said that the Royal Elephants are returning, but all they said about the bumper cars and musical scrambler is new. I am also thinking that the musical scrambler is just a different way they are discribing the old Music Express. If it is SFOG/our Scrambler, that would make me equally as happy.
Posted Image

#15 CaptainJack

CaptainJack

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

"New, but classic" seems to cue me in to believe they are either relocated or old rides reopening that will be renamed and made "new" for this season. If I'm not mistaken, our scrambler was removed from Six Flags Over Georgia to make way for Dare Devil Dive, so it only makes sense that it would come back. Let's hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users