359 replies to this topic

#16 JBE

JBE

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

I'm very happy with these additions - I'm not sure why there's so many complaints. We're finally getting some attention to the flat ride situation along with more life to the right side of the park. Both of these have been long-requested improvements. The SkyScreamer won't be the tallest thing ever, but 150 feet is nothing to sneeze at. I think it'll be a great addition. Granted, the other flats aren't the most exciting ever. Still, we're getting what has been requested for years: a returned attention to flats and a more balanced park layout concerning rides. Hopefully this will continue through the coming years.

#17 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Those swings will still be even 40 feet taller than Batman The Ride! It'll stand out above the trees and still be much higher than Skull Mountain. You can't try to belittle Big Wheel either.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#18 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

Overall, I think these will be good additions to the park. We haven't had any flat ride added since 2006 and haven't had a thrilling flat (I know some people are not happy with the height of the Sky Screamer but I still think it's a thrill ride), in probably around 10 years.

Rather than giving us kiddie rides and areas or wasting money on rethemes of rides and massive ride removals like Red Zone, I'm glad the current management is listening to what people wanted and are finally adding some family rides to the park. If Red Zone was still in control, we'd probably have lost some more flat rides but gotten a Thomas Town.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#19 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Isn't 150ft the height of Big Wheel? I wish it would have been 200ft, but hey that's okay. Whoop de doo, flats are marketable.

#20 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

I dont think anyone is really complaining about the new additions. I am happy that we are geting some flat rides. I think everyone thought if we would get a Sky Screamer, it would be a lot taller. Also, we are confused about where the other two "new" rides are coming from.
Posted Image

#21 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

I think the market is good for scrap so I'll give Red Zone credit for that. In this bad economy with plants closing they're still getting torn down.Cash for gold, copper getting stolen still. If the redemption outweighed the demo cost it was worth it.

#22 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Well, the whole "musical themed scrambler" and bumper cars have us believing Autobahn and Musik Express are operational and Old Country opens up as an extension to Fantasy Forest. If so, awesome. Yet we need to weight the pros and cons here:

Pros:
Two additional rides (SBNO currently)
Access to Movietown through Old Country
No more useless cabanas
Retheme?
More space for potential rides (Behind Autobahn, Spin Meister, Chiller, Stuntman's, etc)

Cons:
Smoking area if nothing added in Spin Miester's spot (when it was removed and Old Country was open still, it was a designated smoking spot)
Picnic area is still there (does anyone even really use that?)
Bunch of nothingness from Chiller's station to Batman Stunt Arena until Fright Fest, with the Asylum and Hypno whatever it's called
Awkward point if Autobahn stays the same in Fantasy Forest (that doesn't fit well)
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#23 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

The cabanas should go. I have never seen them used in all my trips to the park.

The picnic groves are used when they have special events like a holiday BBQ and also for groups like when TPR was at the park, they probably had their group meal there.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#24 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:10 PM

A lot is being invested into GAdv this year. Isn't HH also getting Bonzai Pipeline. It looks like you guys got the most well rounded additions.

No, that's SFSTL. We are getting a slide tower with drop box(es). I'll take it, we lack a drop box, and we could always use some sort of new slide. I'm very happy actually that it isn't a looping slide. They seem very painful, deadly type of slide. A drop box without a loop might be better for us. I just hope GP doesn't go "This new slide is the same as the rainbow one!"

Bonzai Pipeline- 2012(page 7)

also The Falls are being retrofitted with drop boxes(the tall speed slides)

I think the LA times are wrong. Everywhere else it says nothing about us getting the new pipeline.

Official Announcement: http://news.sixflags...greatadventure/
Official Video: http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/

Nothing about Bonzai Pipeline for Great Adventure.

sig_kaiser.png

#25 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

Six Flags just made me proud to be a SFI Fanboy! These are all some amazing additions! As for us, 15 stories is better than 0 stories. I think the reasoning behind the height is Big Wheel stands at the same height and maybe the park doesn't want anything taller in the area. Either way we got what we've been asking for and even more! We all saw how they re did SFMM Movie District, let's see how they do Fantasy Forest!
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#26 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

Our swings were just a standard model before so going up 15 is a big plus.

#27 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Guys, I'm pretty sure the Scrambler is actually a Scrambler. Just saying. The park knows the difference between a Scrambler and a Musik Express.

I have a few reasons why I believe this:
1. Fitzmartin said we would fill all the open flat spaces before reopening Old Country.
2. Fitzmartin also mentioned that he'd like to put a new Bumper Car building in Evolution's old pad.
3. Therefore, I believe that all of the rides are going into the available empty pads.

I'd rather have Autobahn reopened because it's great theming and with a new Bumper Car building they'd undoubtedly get rid of Autobahn, but I don't think Old Country is being opened up.

And yes, I hope that this "transformed" Fantasy Forest truly means a transformed Fantasy Forest with lots of new paint, theming, and hopefully a special soundtrack like Golden Kingdom has.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#28 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

So is the scrambler possibly going to the old Pirate Balloon ride spot? And Skyscreamer to the Chaos spot? That would be nice.

#29 Joseph

Joseph

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

As far as I know our Himalaya was sold a long time ago...anyone know more?

#30 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, I was right. SkyScreamer is going in Flying Wave's spot (thank god the stupid trampoline is leaving). The Bumper Cars are going in the Evolution spot next to the Skyway. The Scrambler is going where Chaos was.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users