Hurricane Harbor 2012 Expansion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#1 Jaysun

Jaysun

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

well I heard that GADV will indeed add a Bonzai Pipeline in 2012..I get all of my info from Screamscape.com..i don't know if you guys think that Screamscape stuff is totally accurate but I get my stuff from there. We have a tornado slide..don't you think we could use like a mat racer,bowl slide,freefall slide with the floor dropping-like Wet N' Wild in Orlando,nice water coaster like the Wildebeest at Holiday World or the Black Anaconda at Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells? Anyone have any ideas for GADV hurrican harbor future attractions?

#2 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

well I heard that GADV will indeed add a Bonzai Pipeline in 2012..I get all of my info from Screamscape.com..i don't know if you guys think that Screamscape stuff is totally accurate but I get my stuff from there. We have a tornado slide..don't you think we could use like a mat racer,bowl slide,freefall slide with the floor dropping-like Wet N' Wild in Orlando,nice water coaster like the Wildebeest at Holiday World or the Black Anaconda at Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells? Anyone have any ideas for GADV hurrican harbor future attractions?

I think they are adding drop boxes to the straight down slide that we have (I don't know the name). But a water coaster and a mat racer, has got to be next on the list. Those are essentials to a water park!!!
SHORE & COASTERS

#3 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

From a recent SF investor packet.

#4 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm glad we're getting Bonzai Pipline this year. Our Hurrican Harbor has always been lacking and one of the worst in the chain. It wasn't until 1 (or 2?) years ago that we got our Tornado slide. Over the next maybe 10 or so years, I can see HH getting an expansion. Not all at once, but in yearly or bi-yearly intervals. Like you said, adding mat racers, bowl slides (tons of fun), water coasters, etc would really make HH the best waterpark in the Mid-Atlantic besides maybe Hershey and CamelBeach.
I still have never been to our Hurricane Harbor just because I'd rather go to Raging Waters in Wildwood. Less people and the slides are just as fun. If Six Flags adds more fun slides to HH, I'll no doubt start going there, and might even upgrade to a 3-park Season Pass.

Posted Image

#5 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

Ill say it before and ill say it again until they bring back all the free tubes they used to have they can add a whole new section with 14 slides a water coaster mat slides and what not and I would still refuse to go! I cant have a good tine at a water oark when I have to lug and guard a tube I paid for around! Its RIDICULOUS....and this coming from a guy that used to buy 3 park season passes every year no questions asked....til redzone took over that is

Basically all Im saying is I dont need new slides to bring me back just bring back my free tubes. I mean you cant even just relax like your supposed to on the lazy river cause people are heckling you everytime you get to an entrance!
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

Agreed, for 2012, I was considering if I want to pay the $10 more to get the 3 park pass over the 2 park pass and the free tubes are a major reason I probably won't get the 3 park pass, the other being the limited hours in June. Having to be agressive to get one of the limited free tubes or have people keep asking you if you are done with the tube after you get it sounds like no fun to me.

I have also seen pictures of the lazy river where because there are so few free tubes, you are allowed to just walk through the river without a tube. That's not a great way to relax if you have to worry about people walking all over the place.

Edit - I just read that Flashpass will be added to more SF water parks in 2012. That even makes me really want to avoid HH even more. I don't have much of a problem with Flashpass but the way it was used at White Water was very unfair. With a certain 3 slide tower for example, 1 slide was for Flashpass only meaning you couldn't use that slide unless you had Flashpass and those that had Flashpass couldn't use it in the other 2 slides. If I have to pay extra just to be able to use certain slides, that is not happening.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#7 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

Bump!

I really wished we were getting a mat racer this season, that would have really helped spread out the crowd a bit more, but I'm just happy to see the park getting some attention.

However, I still think that Hurricane Harbor could and should be moved within the theme park, there is more than enough room for it and they can enclose Discovery Bay and build the long rumored hotel on the rest of the land.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#8 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the waterpark moved into the theme park especially if it had the "Dorney Effect" of basically making all the coasters walk ons or short waits while the waterpark is jammed.

If they enclosed Discovery Bay which sounds like a good idea, I guess they'd have to get rid of the maximum height limit or else no one with kids over age 8 or 9 would stay there since they wouldn't be able to access it or at least allow anyone over 54" on the larger blue and green slides that aren't really kiddie slides.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#9 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Now, how exactly would you "move" the water park?
SHORE & COASTERS

#10 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

It would be a lot of work but could be done. The wavepool and lazy river couldn't be moved so new ones would have to be built but they would need to take apart all the slide towers and rebuild them in the new location, and taking apart the stairs or building new stair towers. Not quite as big of a project but CF took the 7 slide complex from the ride side of Geauga Lake and moved it to the old Sea World side when they moved the waterpark from the ride park to the Sea World side (they left all the other old slides to rot).

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#11 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Now, how exactly would you "move" the water park?

It's not that far fetched actually. It would take an investment of around 5-7 million dollars to move it, but it can (and probably should) be done. We own all of the slides and equipment so most of the cost would come just from building new pools and laying new pipe, as well as a new lazy river and wave pool like Yoshi said. I don't think it will ever happen but it would really increase its attendance and balance out the theme park with a whole bunch of water attractions that it is lacking.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#12 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

I'm really against puting the waterpark into the theme park. I feel like Gadv is heading towards a resort with a hotel and 3 great parks. If you put the slides into the theme park, you kinda ruin that. Plus, the only place I could imagine it going is Old Country, which is something I'd be VERY against, because I feel it should be saved for a major revamp in a few years with a new coaster.

I also really don't see a reason to move them. HH is already a really nice waterpark and has some nice theme elements, which I have a feeling many wouldn't make the journey over.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#13 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

I talked to a PR person for Six Flags, and we are NOT getting a new bonzai pipeline. When they say "new bonzai pipeline", they are simply referring to the newly transformed Falls complex. There won't be a brand new complex.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#14 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

^ Bummer. I was hoping for new slides. Guess it'll be another year of me not going to HH (not that I've even been there once :mellow:)

Posted Image

#15 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

I have never been to HH either, for 2012 I got the 3 park pass since it was only $10 more and though I would try the waterpark once or twice but that was before I found out Flashpass is coming next year. I can deal with it in the theme park but if they run it the same way as they did at Whitewater this year, it will be horrible with the example I mentioned a few months ago in an earlier post in this thread. When I got the pass it wasn't confirmed but SF has said 7 more watermarks are getting Flashpass next year so we have to be one of those 7 parks.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users