122 replies to this topic

#46 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

It looks like a really cool ride and all, but how does a Cobra fit into Hurricane Harbor's themeing? :tonofbricks:

#47 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Like everyone else, I'm glad we are getting this new slide instead of the drop boxes since not only will it have hurt capacity as already mentioned but I'd rather see them put the money spent on the drop boxes towards a totally new attraction. I'm glad I upgraded to the 3 park pass this year since I plan to finally try Hurricane Harbor this season.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#48 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I hope they add a conveyer-belt system to this ride for the tubes. I forget which slide has it, but one of them does at HH. When I visited HH for the first time last season, I didn't like that you had to carry the tubes up yourself. I can understand individual or smaller tubes, but multi-person tubes (like for Tornado) were annoying. I went on a non-crowded day for the most part, but I could see how it would get extremely annoying having to lug up a multi-person tube on a hot and busy day, waiting on the stairs with it in line.

#49 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

^^^How does Tornado fit into Hurricane Harbors themeing? What does it matter, Six Flags never has any coherent theming anyway.

#50 jdc12192

jdc12192

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Looks like a good addition. At first when i only saw the layout, i thought it'd be slow up until the drop and you wouldn't bank or anything on the turns but by the looks of the video, this sucker seems fast and you FLY down that drop. Looking forward to riding it. Also do you think we will be getting visual, audio,and fog effects? The press release does say

King Cobra’s unique configuration enables two tubes to race through a circular path with twists, turns and surprises

#51 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Looks like a good addition. At first when i only saw the layout, i thought it'd be slow up until the drop and you wouldn't bank or anything on the turns but by the looks of the video, this sucker seems fast and you FLY down that drop. Looking forward to riding it. Also do you think we will be getting visual, audio,and fog effects? The press release does say

King Cobra’s unique configuration enables two tubes to race through a circular path with twists, turns and surprises

To me, that just sounds like a marketing buzz word. lol

sig_kaiser.png

#52 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, don't they say that for every ride?
Do you really think Six Flags would give us audio, video, and fog effects, the closest they will ever come to that is Bizarro which really only has audio, video, and fog ANNOYANCES.

#53 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

I wouldn't hope for audio. As it is, it doesn't look like the slide will really be racing either. None of the clips in that video actually show two rafts coming down at the same time.

And as for the theming ..... it could be a SAND cobra.... :rolleye0019:
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#54 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

I have to say that this looks like a solid addition to Hurricane Harbor. It is very visually appealing and it is going to be really cool in the middle of the park.

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#55 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

In the video and all the pictures, they show 2 person tubes. I hope they offer single tubes as well or would allow single riders to use a double tube alone (Dorney does this but I don't think most water parks allow that). I guess it's also possible we could see 1 side dedicated to Flashpass which I hope doesn't happen since it would kill the capacity.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#56 jps2

jps2

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Siebeneicher did not release the cost for the project, but said the fiberglass serpent would be built on the center island of Hurricane Harbor and take the place of an existing, sandy volleyball pit.

http://www.app.com/article/20120213/NJNEWS/302130052/Snake-shaped-water-slide-to-open-at-Six-Flags

Posted Image

#57 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

this wont have a conveyer belt system its only a 2 person tube the conveyer belt is only for rides with tubes that take more than 2. Personally i feel tornado does fit the hurricane harbor theme because its a natural disaster like a hurricane and hurricanes are even known to spawn tornados so it makes sense. This is a stretch to match the themeing but it doesnt bother me cause its a water park and the only water parks that are expected to adhere to themeing guidelines in the industry are disney water parks. But this is an awesome addition! I like the visual appeal im a little dissappointed in the racing aspect and i think all of these tubes were released at the same time but thats just how far ahead the other tube got! As far as single tubes i highly doubt that! I think because of the physics of the ride you need 2 ppl. That 50 degree plunge right after the enclosed tube i think you need someone behind to anchor the tube or you could get some air on the drop if it were single in which would likely turn into a lot of ppl falling out of the tube and getting hurt
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#58 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

This is a stretch to match the themeing but it doesnt bother me cause its a water park and the only water parks that are expected to adhere to themeing guidelines in the industry are disney water parks.

Qft. I'm not too bothered by the theme. To be fair, most of HH's current slides don't have a theme at all besides a tropical sounding name. I've gotta hand it to the park.. This is a very nice addition ;)

Posted Image

#59 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Everything about this addition is great. The orange, black and yellow color scheme, the racing factor, the uniqueness and the location of it are all great. Add that into the fact that if the main drop is anything like Halfpipe @ SFA, this is gonna be HH's best slide.

I'm kinda sad about the drop capsules being canceled though, as it would definately have been a thrilling addition, but I definitely understand why they did it.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#60 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

^ They do look really similar. Comparing the two, it seems like SFA's would be the more thrilling of the two. However, ours will have twice the capacity (as long as both sides are open at a time) and is more visually pleasing :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users