• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#91 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Don't quote me on this one but from everything I'm hearing the park is looking at a mid to late July opening if everything goes smoothly......since almost nothing ever goes smoothly and this slide is being shipped from overseas....not to mention the adventure alley rides haven't even gone vertical yet....at this point I wouldn't be shocked if king cobra gets pushed to next year. Again don't quote me but IMO its not looking good for this year shooting for a mid-july opening AT THE EARLIEST for a water park is really pushing it.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#92 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Saw the pieces to King Cobra laying on the side of the fence next to the speed slide. Now construction needs to start.

2012 Six Flags Great Adventure Coaster Count

ET- 13, KK- 11, B- 10, RT- 4, GL- 12, SUF- 6, N- 10, BTR- 9, TDK- 11, SM- 13, RMT- 1, BLTT- 1, RRR- 0

2012 Six Flags Great Adventure Visits

#93 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

^While I have my doubts, Tornado went up pretty quickly, but then again that wasn't a uniue design like this is, time will tell

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#94 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

It won't be open for opening day, that's for sure. But I could be wrong.

ET- 13, KK- 11, B- 10, RT- 4, GL- 12, SUF- 6, N- 10, BTR- 9, TDK- 11, SM- 13, RMT- 1, BLTT- 1, RRR- 0

#95 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

It is opening sometime in July, according to the park.

#96 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Yes they have said they are shooting for a mid to late july opening but have they even done land clearing yet? They plan on constructing this thing while the park is open! Good luck I still refer to my comment at tye top of this page
Posted Image

Posted Image

#97 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Don't quote me on this one but from everything I'm hearing the park is looking at a mid to late July opening if everything goes smoothly......since almost nothing ever goes smoothly and this slide is being shipped from overseas....not to mention the adventure alley rides haven't even gone vertical yet....at this point I wouldn't be shocked if king cobra gets pushed to next year. Again don't quote me but IMO its not looking good for this year shooting for a mid-july opening AT THE EARLIEST for a water park is really pushing it.

Yeah, I hope they get things done quickly. I would hate to have to wait for King Cobra next year. It will definitely hurt SF business wise, since most of the park's promotions are for HH opening KC this summer.

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#98 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Maybe they are counting on that they don't go to daily operations until the end of June so they have the weekdays to work on it?

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#99 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

They dont go to daily operations until the end of june! WOW! They really did cut back hours didnt they! I didnt realize that I thought theyd be at daily operation by next week. In that case yea if the pieces are on site they should be able to do it fairly easy with 5 days a week to work with (weekends they wouldnt work anyway) and then testing in late june/early july....they should make it! My one concern is that all the pieces dont arrive on time because of the fact that they are coming from overseas but because pieces are onsite already id expect that they should have all of them within a month of the first shipment....it usually seems to take a month for coaster parts to all truck in I cant imagine a water ride taking longer
Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

They dont go to daily operations until the end of june! WOW! They really did cut back hours didnt they! I didnt realize that I thought theyd be at daily operation by next week. In that case yea if the pieces are on site they should be able to do it fairly easy with 5 days a week to work with (weekends they wouldnt work anyway) and then testing in late june/early july....they should make it! My one concern is that all the pieces dont arrive on time because of the fact that they are coming from overseas but because pieces are onsite already id expect that they should have all of them within a month of the first shipment....it usually seems to take a month for coaster parts to all truck in I cant imagine a water ride taking longer

It makes a lot of sense that they wouldn't do daily until the end of June. Having worked there a lot last Summer, weekdays in June were always dead and it consisted of a lot of staff cutting and some early closings a few times.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#101 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Going to Hurricane Harbor Monday, I'll try to get pictures of any construction going on if there is any.

#102 jdc12192

jdc12192

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Went to harbor today. Many pieces/supports grouped in the park and on the sides of the roadway driving in. Also the ride area has some work being done,you could tell all the dirt was plowed into a pile and framing(?) for the foundation(or something like that) has started.

#103 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Not much to look at just dirt and pieces everywhere.

#104 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

I bet in a couple weeks we'll see some upward construction...I hope. :o

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#105 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

pieces everywhere.

Emphasis on the everywhere.

sig_kaiser.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users