122 replies to this topic

#121 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Really? ONLY single tubes? Do you know why?

#122 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

It's the weight limit. With 2 riders unless they were little kids, it is likely anyone else would weigh more than 200 pounds, they just went with the single tubes.

From Screamscape:
"Apparently it has something to do with the other major problem with the slide… there is apparently a strict 200 pound weight limit. Since there is virtually no chance of having a pair of adults go for a spin and still weigh under 200 total pounds, it was just easier to eliminate the double tubes entirely from the attraction. The fault apparently lies in a grey area somewhere between Polin’s attraction engineering and the much stricter building codes in the US compared to Polin’s native land of Turkey.
Time to wait and see if Polin and Six Flags can perhaps fix this problem, or if this will go down as Polin’s one and only installation in the United States."

The original sign said 200 pound weight limit for a single rider, 400 pound weight limit for 2 riders so I wonder if that was the problem which also delayed the opening of the ride.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#123 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

King Cobra has officially opened. Therefore, this topic is now locked. Please continue future King Cobra discussion in the "King Cobra Discussion" thread. Thank you. :lock:

Take me to King Cobra Discussion!

:lock: THIS TOPIC IS OFFICIALLY LOCKED :lock:

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users