Photo

Possible New Wild Safari Animals And Future Aquarium?

2 replies to this topic

#1 DCVillain597

DCVillain597

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Just curious i know the Wild Safari is probably not going to expand at all but I was wondering Wild Safari would be a nice addition if they added some new animals. Like reptiles...snakes..crocs..lizards,etc. Imagine an anaconda coming up on your car!!! That would be prettysweet. :rolleyes: And I know GADV is not going to do this by a longshot but I think one day Great Adventure could could house a future aquarium combined with the wild safari. What do you think?

#2 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

As far as smaller reptiles, snakes, etc, they're in the Exploration Center. I suppose sometime in the future we could see an addition to it because it is fairly popular, but not until the main park gets much needed flats and Hurricane Harbor gets new slides. As far as large snakes being able to climb on your car, nooo way, haha. I could see the snakes being run over within the first few weeks. Plus if it gets stuck underneath your car... uh oh.

An aquarium? While I'd like to see one, I really doubt we'll ever get one. Our best bet for an aquarium would have been with Warner LeRoy's original plans for Great Adventure. Theme park, safari, sports stadium, etc. But now, I don't really see it happening. It would be cool to see how Six Flags could pull it off, though. Would the dolphins and sea lions be relocated to it or stay inside the park? Dunno. Unrealistic that we'll get one, but fun to fantasize about.

Welcome to the site! Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:53 AM

The snakes coming up to the car isnt practicle...people open their windows even though their not supposed to and there really isnt anything now that can hurt them if they do....but an anaconda would be an issue. I like the idea of adding marine life but its not happening current management doesnt really like having to deal with the animals in general so an expansion of animals just isnt gonna happen
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users