No order, just the games I love:

Madden series
FIFA series
NHL series
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros.
F-Zero X
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie (haven't played Nuts & Bolts)
Rachet & Clank (the original)
Space Invaders
Dr. Mario
Tetris
Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest
Mario Kart (Double Dash also, not the Wii one)
Diddy Kong Racing
Sonic Heroes
Mario Superstar Baseball
Punch-out (NES)
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#17 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I guess I'll post mine.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Yes, yes, I'm one of those people who plays Call of Duty. I don't very often anymore (maybe once a week or two), but I used to spend at least an hour playing it everyday. I started playing in summer of 09, before I had live, so I did the CoD 4 campaign. That's the only other CoD I enjoy, the other ones are crappy, with the exception of Black Ops Zombie mode. Despite all of the "noob-tubes" and "quick-scopers" I enjoy Modern Warfare 2. It has the best graphics and maps in my opinion.

Madden Series This is without a doubt the best sports series ever invented. Baseball is my favorite sport, but the crew that develops Madden always puts in a great amount of work to make an amazing game. The feel of this game is amazing, with the crowds, and the announcers not sounding so boring. With Madden 13, the "no hit is ever the same" is so true. It will piss you off so much, as I've hit a guy, but he falls just past the 1st down marker, yet in the same situation, he doesn't get the 1st down. Very realistic.

MLB 2K Series I used to be a MLB: The Show series guy, until 2008 when we got an X-Box 360. I hate the new PS3 MLB games for some reason. I love getting to play with A, AA, or AAA teams. The career mode is amazingly realistic. My only complaint is that they don't have the real Minor League stadiums, but I understand how much time and memory it would take up.

Roller Coaster Tycoon Series If you are an enthusiast and you don't like this, you are phony. You get to run your own park however you want. What's not to love? It's a great way to pass time in the off-season.

I'll add more if I think of more, but that's all for now.

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#18 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

RCT Series
Batman Arkham City/Asylum
Mortal Kombat Series
Pokemon (Crystal is my favorite)
Left 4 Dead Series
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Sonic Heroes
Kingdom Hearts Series
Final Fantasy Series
Anything Super Marios
Sonic Adventure 2
COD
Whacked! (my favorite)
Kung Fu Chaos
Harry Potter Series
Skate Series
Space Invaiders
Rachet & Clank Series
Mario Kart
Bomber Man
Grand Theft Auto Series (San Andreas)
Uncharted Series
Time Crisis Series (I have the actual guns so i can play arcade style lol.)
RuneScape
Maple Story
Twisted Metal (original version)

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#19 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

6: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
5: GTA 4
4: Saints Row The Third
3: MLB 2k12
2: MW3
1: Call of Duty Black Ops

#20 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Beware. Long post coming.

Honorable Mentions:
Madden series- I'm starting to get ridiculously good at this game. I think it's time to switch to All Madden difficulty.
Pokemon Stadium- An N64 game with good memories, but I always wish I was playing the Gameboy series (I never owned a GameBoy Pokemon game, but I knew it was better). Still a pretty good game, especially when playing with my cousin Samantha, who's the biggest Pokemon fan that I know.
Left 4 Dead- A new discovery of mine, this is one of the first games that me and my girlfriend started really playing together. She does most of the work since I'm really bad at first/third person shooters. Which brings me to my next honorable mention...
Gears of War series- A game that I love but am really bad at. I play it with my cousin Steven and he does most of the work, like my girlfriend with Left 4 Dead.
Guitar Hero/Rock Band series. There are two GH's and one RB on the actual list, but I had to mention both series as a whole. Guitar Hero is probably my all time favorite series, with Rock Band at third (Roller Coaster Tycoon is in between).
Mortal Kombat 2011. I always liked MK since I started playing it, but Armageddon and vs DC Universe were making me wonder if the MK people still had it. They proved that they did with the reboot of the series. It is the best MK I have ever played. It's extremely hard yet never stops being fun, even when Goro is absolutely obliterating me.

10) Pilotwings 64
I remember when N64 was my main system. This and Pokemon Stadium were the two games I played the most. Out of the two, this one is the most memorable for me because of how fun it always was. My N64 sadly died this year, and not being able to play Pilotwings 64 is the biggest downside to this.

09) Rock Band 2
As you'll be able to tell by the rest of this list, I am a huge rhythm game fan. I always liked Guitar Hero more, but Rock Band 2 is a lot of fun. Out of all of the games on this list, I am the best at the four rhythm games. This is the reason why the second installation of Rock Band is the one on here: the other ones that I have played are too easy for me at this point (I haven't played 3 yet). There are still a few songs on this disk that are difficult for me (I'm looking at you Visions). It's a blast to play and I can do it for hours.

08) Crazy Taxi
The amount of laughs this game gave me can never be topped. The utter destruction you can cause is hilarious, especially since people still get in, even if you almost hit them. It's the only game on the list that I played solely for fun and never cared about my score (which was never very good).

07) WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006
I was always a big wrestling fan, and the biggest part of that was the video games. The series wasn't as good when it became SvR, but Smackdown vs Raw '06 was an amazing game. It was the first one that really started to look realistic, and it had the best Create-A-Superstar mode up to that point. The controls were easy and smooth. This game represents a time when pro wrestling dominated my life. Soon after this, I got the first Guitar Hero, and as the years went on, my skills went from wrestling games to rhythm games, much like how my passion went from pro wrestling to music.

06) Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Just like everyone else on this site, I absolutely love the Roller Coaster Tycoon series. The reason RCT3 is on the list instead of RCT1 is because I played it more. That said, the first two are better, but I made some pretty awesome coasters on the third game, and there are a lot of memories attached to it.

05) Guitar Hero: Metallica
Metallica is probably my all time favorite band, so when this game was announced, I was extremely excited. The game did not disappoint me, either. It was fun yet challenging. Dyers Eve on drums still gives me nightmares and Fight Fire With Fire on guitar is an endurance test. I have to get another copy, which will be my third. That should tell you how much I play that game. There was a stretch of about eight months where that disk didn't leave my XBox. I was that obsessed with it.

04) WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth
This is by far the best wrestling game I have ever played. It had the same controls as its predecessor, Just Bring It, but had a slowed down gameplay instead of the arcade style of play that the three games before it had. It had a great roster, awesome match types, and was overall the best wrestling game you can ask for. I actually never owned this game, but my cousin Steven, whose my only boy cousin and is like my brother, has this game and I would always be over to play it. Me and him would be on the same team and would flat out dominate the computer and whoever dared play against us. It was another game that was always a lot of fun.

03) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Here we go. This game. Never before have I loved and hated a game at the same time and never again will both of those feelings be so strong. I love this game so much. It is the best rhythm game ever released, and it frustrated me from 2007 all the way to this year. Why? Five words: Through the Fire and Flames. I beat this game with relative ease all the way to the 7th tier in the career mode. With a slight struggle, I got to the 8th tier. There I got my butt whipped. After a long struggle, I beat all four songs in the final tier and the final boss battle against the devil. That meant that the reason everyone got the game was finally unlocked. And would you believe that I beat it for the first time this year? Almost five years after I got the game, it finally happened. I sat there just staring at the screen for a good 5 minutes just in awe that it finally happened. It was over. My hell was finally over. It is still my greatest achievement in my entire time playing video games. The amount of times I "rage quit" because of that song is unimaginable. And that's why this game has such a lasting impression, as you can tell by this long paragraph. It challenged and frustrated me for so long, that when I finally fully beat it, it was truly a special moment.

02) Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
I have spent countless hours playing every game on this list, but there is only one game I could ever say I was addicted to. That would be RCT2. I would completely lose track of time when playing this game, and with good reason. I treated the roller coasters that I built in this game as if I were actually placing them in a park. I felt some designs were so good, I could sent them to Gadv to contract the company the design was based on (usually B&M) to build it. Obviously that wasn't true, but my peeps seemed to love my rides. I remember so many coasters that I built: Friction Twister, Mission To Mars, Jungle Of Doom, The Destroyer, Unchained, Cliff Hanger, and so many more. These were my greatest creations until I started writing music, and I would stay up through all hours of the night without even realizing it to perfect these rides. It is my all time favorite game that I actually own. Unfortunately, I have a Mac therefore cannot install it into my current computer. That may actually be a good thing. The last thing I need is to lose my girlfriend over a game.

01) F-Zero
I may actually own this soon. I plan on getting a SNES and a copy of this game. After all, how can I not own my all time favorite game? I'll start with the gameplay itself. I don't really have to go into too much detail since it is a borderline legendary game. I'll just say that it is a very fast paced, smooth, and consistent feeling game. The controls don't feel like they have to be forced although anyone who plays a driving game knows that it's instinct to force every move. The music is the best overall music in video game history. Mute City, Big Blue, Silence, Port Town, Red Canyon, White Land, and Fire Field are perfect racing music, and the song that plays at the end of a league makes you want to get up and dance from success. It's just a fun game and when you're really into a race, it is a intense game to play. But this game goes far beyond its actual gameplay for me. When I was little and would go to my grandpa's house, this was one of the three games I would always play along with Doctor Mario/Tetris and Pilotwings. Those two were more my grandpa's games then mine and my sister was always good at Dr Mario/Tetris. But there was something about F-Zero that just caught my attention from the start. Obviously I wasn't very good when I was younger and found it more fun at that point to purposely jump off the track, but as I got older, I started to actually try and play. I still wasn't very good, but I was getting better. I got more practice when I would go to my mom's ex boyfriend's house and he had it on his Wii. At that point, I was much better and could beat the whole game without ever leaving first, albeit on beginner. Now I want to master the game, which is why I want to get it so badly. My history with the game can go farther still if I can play it on my own time. But the history I have with this great game right now is more than enough to put it past every other game I have ever played to make it my all time favorite video game.

EDIT: I didn't even remember that I posted here already. But upon further thought, this list is better anyway. :P
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#21 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

^ TTFAF and Jordan are the only songs that I could never beat on Expert :(

Posted Image

#22 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Bioshock Infinite
Posted Image
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#23 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

1. Arkham City
2. Arkham Asylum
3. Injustice: Gods Among Us
4. Twisted Metal (Original)
5. Super Smash Bros
6. Lego series (Batman/Star Wars)

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#24 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

^I completely forgot about Twisted Metal. I loved that game!

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#25 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

The Walking Dead (Telltale)

The-Walking-Dead-farm.jpg

L.A. Noire

la-noire.jpg

The Last of Us

thelastofus.jpg

I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users