Will We Ever See A 14Th Coaster?

45 replies to this topic

#31 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hopefully if anything happens in Frontier Adventures the Log Flume will be safe. With the way they are being removed from parks it always concerns me it could be removed at anytime

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#32 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

^I don't think they'll remove the Log Flume. Its an original!

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#33 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

^ To the management, that's not a good enough reason to keep a ride. If the popularity doesn't make up for the cost (which the log flume is expensive), then the issue comes up of removing it. However, the flume should be safe for a while as long as something major doesn't happen to it. It's the only water ride in the park and gets a very long line in the summer.

Posted Image

#34 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

^Exactly. Management doesn't care about nostalgia. Look at what they did to Log Jammer. It was their best flume, but they had an idea in mind and they went with it.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#35 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

^Yeah I know. Its all about the money. If its not popular scrap it and make something new that will bring them more guests.
Oh and you are forgetting Congo Rapids.

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#36 Airkilla09

Airkilla09

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

We need a wing coaster like Swarm at Thorpe Park. orrr a 90 degree drop coaster.

#37 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

We're getting off-topic, but let me say this. Gadv will never be a complete park without a drop tower. Its a staple, and along with theming, I believe its the biggest gap in the park right now. No matter which direction they go with it, whether its Intamin, S&S, Moser, etc., its going to be the best addition to the park since Toro and PDC. They can add all the best family flats, theming, major flats and coasters they want, but until they add a drop tower, being ranked with CP is not going to happen.

Now on topic. With the sighting of surveyors out on the log flume peninsula and the rumors of this hyper-fast steel coaster, could this be #14? It would make sense. They could have the station in the old TotT compound(because it already has great theming), have it hop over the shops, go through where BBNP is/was, around the log flume peninsula and Bizarro, curve around toro, go through RT's infield and end up back in the GK. THEN, you can move all of the ride from BBNP to LTSP/SK, do some rethemes and BAM, you can advertise to 2 audiences, thrill seekers, and parents with young children. if the Launcher is anything like Cheetah Hunt, you could also market it to families as a "gap" between family rides and thrill rides.

EDIT: 1500

Surveyors on the log flum penninsula? I want to know more!

#38 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

We need a wing coaster like Swarm at Thorpe Park. orrr a 90 degree drop coaster.

NO!!!! Wait for B&M to make a 4D....if we get a wing rider they would never build a B&M 4D because they would look too similar.

With the sighting of surveyors out on the log flume peninsula and the rumors of this hyper-fast steel coaster, could this be #14? It would make sense. They could have the station in the old TotT compound(because it already has great theming), have it hop over the shops, go through where BBNP is/was, around the log flume peninsula and Bizarro, curve around toro, go through RT's infield and end up back in the GK. THEN, you can move all of the ride from BBNP to LTSP/SK, do some rethemes and BAM, you can advertise to 2 audiences, thrill seekers, and parents with young children. if the Launcher is anything like Cheetah Hunt, you could also market it to families as a "gap" between family rides and thrill rides.

EDIT: 1500

There were surveyors on the log flume peinsula? This is big news....but lets assess this shall we. Its important to know exactly where and what the surveyors were looking at! Just because they were on the peninsula doesn't mean the log flume is in danger at all. Quite contrary the log flume peninsula is the best place for surveyors to survey all of the land around the lake! I think its far more possible they are surveying the land to the right of northern star!
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#39 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Are we sure they were surveyors and not just maintenance workers preparing for Log Flume's opening? Both times I visited the park last Monday and Wednesday, it looked like maintenance was working on the Log Flume. At one point when I passed it on Wednesday, they had the water running. I did notice that there was a group of workers talking in Log Flume's loading area on Monday.

#40 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

The "surveyors" (or whatever they were) were spotted by the random house on the lake that is visible from the "scenic route".

EDIT: This house:

Posted Image

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#41 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Alright in that case it looks to me like theyre surveying the area of the great lake grandstand and fort independance....remember the rumors claiming big change was coming to that area
Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Interesting, I never even knew that house existed.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#43 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

^ Its really a really tiny, TINY shack....I always felt it was housing a pump mechanism of some kind for the log flume
Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, I dont want to see an expansion aopund the lake until all of those holes around the park get filled in, particularly in Movietown and the old Koala Canyon/Riptide site. Once those have received some additions and improvements, we can focus on expanding around the lake.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#45 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

^ As much as I want that too, I think if we got a coaster that interacts with the lake, it would be awesome!

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users