5 replies to this topic

#1 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

Wondering what those dots are underneath your avatar and why some members have more than others? Those dots indicate your rank and come with a title depending upon how many posts you have. All of our ranks are named after all of Great Adventure's fantastic coaster collection with the top 3 ranks giving those who reach them a title they deserve!

There are 14 ranks that you can achieve with New Member being the default rank! They go as follows:

0 Posts- New Member
20 Posts- Skull Mountain
50 Posts- The Dark Knight
100 Posts- Runaway Train
250 Posts- Rolling Thunder
500 Posts- Green Lantern
750 Posts- Bizarro
1000 Posts- Superman
1250 Posts- Batman
1500 Posts- Nitro
1750 Posts- El Toro
2000 Posts- Kingda Ka
3000 Posts- GADV Elite
4000 Posts- GADV Master
5000 Posts- GADV Legend

A few FAQs about Ranks:

Q:Why isn't my rank title displayed under my avatar?
A: Your rank title is not displayed because you have a custom member title. In order for your rank to show, you must delete your custom member title on your profile.

Q:Do all of my posts on the forums count toward my rank?
A: Only posts made in the main GADV and Worldwide Parks Forums will count toward your rank. Posts in the Miscellaneous Board do not count toward your overall post count.

Q: Can't I just make a bunch of posts and topics to reach each rank faster?
A: We pride ourselves on the content of all of our posts and how they all generate great discussion and point out great facts and resources. Posting for the sake of posting just to increase your post count and reach ranks will not be tolerated and you will be given a warning if you are found to be abusing the rank system.

Q:I have a higher rank than another member, does that make me better than them or gives me some kind of power?
A: All members are equal. Just because you have a higher rank does not give you special power or authority. Those with higher ranks are members that have been around for a while and know a lot of great information, their rank indicates that they have a level of respect among all members, but they are not in positions of authority. Only Mods and Admins have actual power on the board. If you feel at any time that a member is using their rank to harass or belittle you, PM a Mod or Admin so they can resolve the problem ASAP.

Q:So then what's the point of ranks if it doesn't give me any power?
A: Ranks are a fun way of showing just how much you've contributed to this great community. They show that you have been an active and knowledgeable member and have advanced to the higher ranks through their continued involvement in discussions around the board. Some members see it as a goal to get to the highest ranks and it is encouraged while others see it as a sign of respect among some of our longest or smartest members.

So best of luck with your new ranks, keep up the great posts discussions, and maybe you will one day become a GADV Legend!
Posted Image

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:43 AM

Good to see them back, it was always cool to see your title/rank change when you reached a new post milestone.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

I like it just one question...shouldnt yoshi have "gadv elite" under his name why is it nitro?
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#4 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

He has a custom title which overrides the rank title.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#5 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'm 31337!

Posted Image

#6 Nitroisawesome

Nitroisawesome

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

MAN i want to be a Nitro so bad

It came in 4th at the golden tickets steel coasters and for woodies El toro came in #2. El toro deserves number 1

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users