20 replies to this topic

#1 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

What do you want to see in that extra piece of land not used for GL? An expansion of Safari Discoveries? A bunch of flat rides with an awesome DC Universe theme?

Posted Image
SHORE & COASTERS

#2 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

Ideally I'd like to see a Golden Kingdom expansion with a Rainforest cafe put in to give us a well themed sit-down restaruant like the one in Downtown Disney.

Posted Image

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#3 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Perfect spot for a Giant Frisbee :)

Posted Image

#4 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

Ideally I'd like to see a Golden Kingdom expansion with a Rainforest cafe put in to give us a well themed sit-down restaruant like the one in Downtown Disney.

Posted Image

They should get rid of the Llama exhibit and make a nice entrance into an expansion of Safari Discoveries with the Rainforest Cafe, which is a genius idea to add to the themeing!
SHORE & COASTERS

#5 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Here's what I've always imagined:

Guests would walk toward a newly redone and expanded Safari Outpost building,surrounded by dense tropical foliage, where they would be greeted by a sign advertising expedition tours would greet them. They would walk though the main entrance(where the building pushes out) and find themselves in a room filled with expedition gear, warnings, and strange photos of the jungle. After walking through the main part of the queue, guests would go through some dense jungle foliage/scenery as they wind through the jungles of India. soon, they are confronted with a large green beast(a dark green condor ride, with the custom bird paintjobs) and they move forward toward their ride carriage. the "tour guides" check the restraints/doors and soon a loud bird screech is heard and the ride starts up its ascent. As guests twirl, they continue to hear screeching/clawing, through retrofitted on-board audio(similar to excalibur at SFStL). As they reach the bottom, a voice tells guests that they survived the attack and instruction on leaving. guests would then leave through a wooden gate next to the Safari Outpost.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

An interactive dark ride, I don't care what it would be themed to (something like the Jungle themed dark rides that I think is at Legoland without the Lego theme would be good though), just as long as it was added.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#7 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

An interactive dark ride, I don't care what it would be themed to (something like the Jungle themed dark rides that I think is at Legoland without the Lego theme would be good though), just as long as it was added.

Sally makes some great dark rides, I wouldn't mind seeing what they could come up with for a lost jungle theme.

#8 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, I have been very impressed with the few Sally dark rides I have tried. Ghost Hunt at Lake Compounce is my favorite dark ride in a non Orlando park.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#9 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, I have been very impressed with the few Sally dark rides I have tried. Ghost Hunt at Lake Compounce is my favorite dark ride in a non Orlando park.

TBH, I would want Sally to make a Dark Ride for us that is Western Shoot-Out themed, for the piece of land between the Log Flume and Northern Star...

When I get the chance, I'll make a map of what I want to see on that land near GL. I like making those maps!
SHORE & COASTERS

#10 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Im hoping for 3 dark rides in the future:

1. A flat ride in the chiller observatory(preferably a techno jump) with lights, sounds and fog, themed to Me. Freeze.

2. A DarKastle-esque ride themed to a breakout at Arkham Asylum.

3. A ride similar to Toy Story Mania, in Fronteir Adventures themed to Sheriffs training
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#11 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

I'd love for the park to use that jungle temple fascade and put a Temple-themed dark ride in there. It could be a Sally shoot-out or Spiderman-style. But I think that'd be really cool, and bring more people into Golden Kingdom.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#12 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

I'm all for either a DarKastle style ride or Sally shoot-out. Out of all the areas in the park, the Golden Kingdom would be the best theme for a dark ride (though I really do like the Arkham Asylum theme DiveMachine mentioned. If they could pull that off, it would be hugely popular)

Posted Image

#13 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

I'd like to see maybe a chimpanzee exhibit move into the old Tiger Habitat, or some kind of jungle animal that won't be so dangerous to have within the park itself. If not, they could construct one right in the open area, I think it would look pretty cool.

#14 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Im hoping for 3 dark rides in the future:

1. A flat ride in the chiller observatory(preferably a techno jump) with lights, sounds and fog, themed to Me. Freeze.

2. A DarKastle-esque ride themed to a breakout at Arkham Asylum.

3. A ride similar to Toy Story Mania, in Fronteir Adventures themed to Sheriffs training

I like numbers 2 and 3! Those would be super cool! I would rather have them remove the coaster within the TDK building and replace it with the Batman themed dark ride and do some touchups on the facade.

I'd like to see maybe a chimpanzee exhibit move into the old Tiger Habitat, or some kind of jungle animal that won't be so dangerous to have within the park itself. If not, they could construct one right in the open area, I think it would look pretty cool.

Isn't the old Tiger Habitat used already for the walk through? Also, I want the old Temple of the Tiger stadium removed for flat rides. However, if they do decide to bring the Tigers back, then they should keep it.

But, we've been getting a little :offtopic: , so another thing that I think would be really cool in the extra land, would be a Mack water coaster!
SHORE & COASTERS

#15 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

Yeah a Mack water coaster would be nice, it would give the park a much needed water ride and increase our coaster count at the same time

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users