42 replies to this topic

#1 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

There is a pretty scary rumor going around about the ride rotation program saying that our very own Bizarro will be leaving after the 2012 season. Our own JJ2K had this to say over at GAH:

The mumblings I'm hearing from within the park all seem to be pointing to this season quite possibly being the last season for Bizarro. From what I have been able to piece together and again I can't confirm any of this but it does come from a collection of reliable sources is that all of the parks in the SF chain were asked to submit to corporate a coaster to be put on the "list" for ride rotation. Gadv was told they could not submit SUF because Gam had already put their SUF on the list so there was absolutely no other choice that could be made Bizarro was pretty much forced on the list.

More things I'm hearing suggest that the five "big parks": Gadv, MM, Gam, oT & oG are all required to give a coaster to the ride rotation program once every 5 years....Gam & MM have already done so. One source of mine claims however that gadv, MM & Gam have three coasters on their 5 year plans. The push that seems to be getting made right now for this year is that Bizarro is out...IMO its likely destination is between SFstl & SFoT. And 2013 we will be getting an all new B&M coaster in its spot.....I have my fingers crossed its a B&M 4D and NOT a wing rider.....but the hurtful pit in the bottom of my stomach tells me its a wing rider which makes me angry cause I've been actively posting that I wanted a B&M 4D since 2003! And you know if we get a wing rider it means you can kiss a B&M 4D goodbye

Just to be clear this is JUST a rumor, and hopefully its just a rumor, and not something thats actually going to happen.

While I love the idea of a wingrider, or even a 4D at the park(I LOVED X2, and want to see how B&M would pull off its concept without that many bugs), the idea of giving up, what I believe to be, the coaster that started Gadv's renaissance of the late 90s- early 00s and EASILY the best looper in the park, for a one is saddening to me.

Thoughts?
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#2 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

please take all of this with a grain of.salt everyone i cant confirm it but it is the mumblings that I'm hearing. All of this being said we've been discussing which coaster would leave us.as.part of the ride rotation program since Kentucky kingdom.closed! We all knew the choice was either SUF or Bizarro so i cant really say any of this should be that shocking. Look at.it.from a business perspective you spent gobs of money into its retheme and it still isn't bringing in the gp but is costing you a bunch to maintain the effects....but at the same time its such a.star coaster its problem is that it gets overshadowed and neglected by the gp here.cause of our great collection....this is.not a.coaster that should be a #4 best overall its a.coaster that should be holding the fort as the star coaster. So from a.business perspective if.all this is true it makes a.lot.of.sense but as a coaster enthusiast ill admit I'm pretty upset that we.lost both of.our seven-loopers under weber
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

I hope this doesn't happen, Bizarro is my 3rd favorite coaster at the park. I skipped it a lot last season if it had more than a 10 - 15 minute wait, I won't be doing that this season especially since if it is removed after this season, I want to get at least 100 rides total (I am currently at 71). I also hope that they let it run the entire season if it is removed. I know one of the reasons GASM closed in July was to get Green Lantern construction started so if it is a new coaster, I'd rather see the new coaster open later next year and have Bizarro longer. I am really going to miss the ride if it leaves. All our other coasters with inversions are different and Bizarro is the closest thing to a traditional sitdown looper that we have. Not to mention, seing KK upside down while going through the dive loop is cool.

I'd rather see them get rid of any excess costs associated with the ride like the speakers and not fixing broken themeing if that is what it took to keep the ride.

Even worse, the only floorless in the area will be Hydra which doesn't even hold a candle to Bizarro. Bizarro has a better layout, is a longer coaster and is smoother. Hydra besides having rattling the entire ride, just isn't as much fun to ride as Bizarro.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

I really hope that this isn't true. I've loved Medusa/Bizarro for the time it has been at the park. I ride it at least 3 times each visit I take to the park because it is one of my favorites and many of my friends favorite roller coaster at the park. Bizarro is also one of my favorites because I gray out on it, which many coasters at Great Adventure do not do for me except for Nitro (Surprisingly, Batman does not). During my first trip of the season in spring break of 2011, Bizarro had a 3 hour line! When I went during a Saturday in September it had a 1 and a half hour wait! I would still say Bizarro is a popular ride, just not as much as it was when the GP started to find out it was Medusa with a new paint scheme. Hey JJ, where did you hear this from?

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#5 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

^very true altho the Jojo roll is my fav inversion ive ever been on :) but the rest of hydra is meh
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

They should have thrown S:UF onto the list just for the hell of it. I don't care if they crowd the list with 2 S:UFs. I bet SFA put Batwing on their list. Bizarro is awesome in that corner even if it continues and embraces its theming mismatch. I thought Medusa-Bizarro was GASM's eventual successor when it debuted in 1999. I bet if Bizarro would go it would end up at SFStL to replace Ninja. I long thought SFGAM should have got a Medusa clone but Iron Wolf leaving and X-Flight arriving fills the new B&M gap. SFOT is landlocked enough I think Shockwave and Flashback stay as their loopers.

The Jojo roll is basically what X-Flight at SFGAM is getting but now with a cool first drop attached to it. I'd love to anticipate the gravity taking over in that element.

I guess it's a fair game rumor for us. I had talked to a Dorney fan about their park getting crowded with used coasters and rides that they're up to 3 inverts now. What if Cedar Fair decides to move Talon to KI or KD?
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

That might get me to stop renewing my Dorney pass. I think Talon is the best ride in the park. At least with Green Lantern although relocated it is a great ride. I can't say the same with Dorney's used rides, an impulse with a bad history and still has more downtime than other coasters in the park, a rough outdated freefall ride at the expense of bumper cars and an inverted boomerang also with a bad history. I have been very frustrated with how CF has been treating Dorney over the past few years.

I wonder what Magic Mountain is going to give up. If Great Adventure put Bizarro on the list then they can't put Scream on the list which I hear isn't too popular there. Green Lantern would be a good choice for them too since it's too low capacity for their park and seemed silly to add with X2 already there.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#8 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

^Magic Mountain already gave up Deja Vu.

#9 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

^ I would bet any recently added coasters aren't allowed either....probably they need to be at least 5 years old I'd think. MM is fine for the next 5 years if this is truly how they are working it cause they gave up deja vu. Can I be the first to say I would take their revolution in a heart beat....lol we all know that aint happening. If I were MM given my collection and this probably sounds nuts but I'd put goliath on the list.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

I can't believe I forgot about Deja Vu

I wouldn't mind getting Revolution, it looks like a longer version of Sooperdooperlooper which is one of my favorite coasters as long as they got rid of the OTSR's.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#11 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

I really hope this isn't true. Bizarro is one of my favorite coasters in GADv. I think most of the problem with short lines is it's location. I can tell you that when I went for my first time, I saw Bizarro, but had no idea how to get to it without a park map. A lot of the GP don't use park maps, they just walk with the crowds.

If I were to give up a coaster, I would give up S:UF. But, acorrding to the rumor, we couldn't do that.

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#12 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

If this is true, why were they forced to pick bizarro. Even if a superman clone was already on the list, whats wrong with Batman, or Skull Mountain. I would rather keep Bizarro than Batman or Skull Mountain, not that there's anything wrong with them, but...

#13 jdc12192

jdc12192

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

^My theory on to why they chose bizarro over any other one, is because they already have the 2013 addition planned, and my guess is *if it is bizarro* that its area is the only area big enough for the 2013 addition.

I REALLY hope this is just word going around and has 0 truth to it because although it might not be the crowd pleaser that they want, it is defiantly one of their top rides. Also going back to whatever thread i posted in a while ago, while working during fright fest, i was told 'next years addition(2013)' is something 'really cool.' I know it was a vague statement and i tried to squeeze more out of the person but they didn't budge. Now as for the rumor being a wing rider,dive machine,something like X- would i consider those something a person would call 'really cool'? Yes so my mind is saying all of what people are speculating is possible in my mind. If it is a wing rider,something X-like,or dive machine i hope it is a custom layout because id really hate it if they removed bizarro for another gimmick. But in all i don't really know what to think. :confused0024:

#14 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Wow, the title of this page really scared me. Since it's just a rumor, I'm going to just change the title. I thought that it was confirmed. I suppose I would be sad if Bizarro was removed, but not if we got an X-Flight type coaster.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#15 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

If this is true, why were they forced to pick bizarro. Even if a superman clone was already on the list, whats wrong with Batman, or Skull Mountain. I would rather keep Bizarro than Batman or Skull Mountain, not that there's anything wrong with them, but...

ill go through our.coasters and explain why bizarro and.suf are the only legit candidates for the program:

runaway train- our first.coaster its not going anywhere

rolling thunder - its wood if its ever removed its goon in the trash rebuilding wood coasters is not all too cost effective

BTR - its the most copied coaster in the SF chain....who can they give it to? every SF park if they don't have a btr then they have an SLC except tge which has an SLC in storage

skull mountain - you can not transport the.rock face cost effectively. If they did this they would have to trash all of the.rockwork and the.building and transport skully as an outdoor coaster......skully isn't worth it as an outdoor coaster

bbltt & rrr - sure you could but again its not really worth the effort

Nitro - the.coasters.layout is huge and uniquely built for our park not to mention its a top rated coaster people identify when they think gadv its going no where

kingda ka - its not cost effective to transport kk that huge footer that the tower.sits.on and the huge crane needed.to put the tower together cost a.ton of money and the ride like Nitro is.also one that identifies with gadv

el toro - I'm not sure about transporting prefabs its never been done but either way its another coaster that identifies with gadv its going no where

tdk & gl are still too new
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users