• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#16 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

now in the next 5 years following tdk will no longer be.new if I'm.gadv ghats what i put up cause we don't need 2 indoor coaster....I'm.just not sure corporate would allow transporting tdk or not with it having been a bust a.gam & gadv......it did go over very well at sfm and i think if it ever was.removed the only park that it might work at is la ronde or maybe tge
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#17 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

When will they get the hint? Supersuck should go and Bizarro should stay. Granted, SUF has longer lines, but that's due to piss poor capacity and not for actual popularity. Bizarro is our last mega looper and it would be very sad to see it go the way of Scream Machine.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#18 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Nitro - the.coasters.layout is huge and uniquely built for our park not to mention its a top rated coaster people identify when they think gadv its going no where

kingda ka - its not cost effective to transport kk that huge footer that the tower.sits.on and the huge crane needed.to put the tower together cost a.ton of money and the ride like Nitro is.also one that identifies with gadv

el toro - I'm not sure about transporting prefabs its never been done but either way its another coaster that identifies with gadv its going no where

They also wouldn't be allowed to move the holy trinity because they can't move a park's signiture attractions(I guess they don't consider Bizarro a signiture coaster)
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#19 greatescapelover

greatescapelover

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

The slc that was in storage at tge went to la ronde and opened for la rondes 2010 season.
Also, if each park was forced to put in a coaster, i wonder what tge put in? The only thing i could see would be bobsled. They need everthing elese desperately.

***Anyone who is interested in possibly becoming a moderator on the all new Great Escape Online, please go to www.greatescapeonline.wix.com/greatescapeonline (long address, right?) and click on the "Mod Info" button on the right side of the home page and read the directions.***

geo3_zps8a385ca1.png

#20 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

I don't think every park has to, just the big 5.

And something I've been thinking a lot about since I first heard the rumor, what if Weber is trying to have more parity throughout the chain
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#21 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

didn't realize that with tge SLC. From my understanding every park was asked to put a coaster on the list including the small parks....but only the 5 big parks are required to submit a coaster once every 5 years.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well, Now that I really think about, Bizarro would not be that big of a loss. If what JJ says is true, we have 3 coasters on our five year plan and we would (hopefully) only be losing one. With the three coasters in our five year plan, I hope for an Intamin or Mack Launch, a B&M Dive Machine or 4d (If that comes out in the next few years, or a giga/giga lite (which would be possible because Gadv is a cash cow, but Six Flags, on the other hand, is not.) Hopeful, but doubtful.

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#23 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Gadv was told they could not submit SUF because Gam had already put their SUF on the list...

no......NO......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#24 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

Something else I will miss from the ride if it is removed is the 2 seats in the last row. Other than the newer B&M hypers which aren't quite the same thing, I don't think there is another coaster out there that can give you that experience of just your seat with nothing else on either side of you. Even if it goes to a new park, there is the possibility they will replace the sound box with 2 more seats to give the ride 32 seats per train again.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#25 localGADV

localGADV

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

The thought of Medusa leaving breaks my heart. Growing up, its always been my favorite coasters and today I hold it third only after El Toro and Nitro. It's a classic and its a world's first. You can't just toss that history away. I simply don't see why the parks been tossing a coaster to get a new one. We have a ton of space. They can certainly add whatever is planned for 2013 without taking a coaster out. Bizarro really is a park valuable, I guess the park just doesn't realize. To be honest, I believe the park went wrong with the whole Bizarro transformation in the first place. It just didn't make sense and the money could have been better spent with a better return.

#26 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yeah there is plenty of room for a new coaster. It comes down to money I guess just like how Scream Machine could have been still running at the park if they had built Green Lantern near the rapids as possibly originally planned.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#27 jps2

jps2

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

Here are the list of parks that removed their coaster for the ride rotation!

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom = Pandemonium
Six Flags Magic Mountain = Deja Vu
Six Flags Over Georgia
Six Flags Great America = Iron Wolf
Six Flags America
Six Flags New England
Six Flags St. Louis
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Great Escape
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Six Flags Over Texas
Six Flags La Ronde
Six Flags Mexico

Since I am a Fiesta Texas fan, but if the rumors are true than I believe that Poltergeist will be leaving (if it was chosen)! Six Flags New England might remove Flashback for the rotation, maybe Batwing at SFA, and I don't know about the others!

Posted Image

#28 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

I would give a Mack launcher a try if it took giving up Bizarro.

I have to see how these B&M Wing coasters go because I really like the craziness of the Arrow S&S 4D trains spinning. X2 is nuts.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#29 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Well, Now that I really think about, Bizarro would not be that big of a loss. If what JJ says is true, we have 3 coasters on our five year plan and we would (hopefully) only be losing one. With the three coasters in our five year plan, I hope for an Intamin or Mack Launch, a B&M Dive Machine or 4d (If that comes out in the next few years, or a giga/giga lite (which would be possible because Gadv is a cash cow, but Six Flags, on the other hand, is not.) Hopeful, but doubtful.

What I am unclear about is whether or not Green lantern was counted as one of the 3 or if they meant 3 more....if green lantern counts than really were only gaining one coaster out of the deal giving up Gasm & Bizarro .

In other news the Bizarro removal has reached screamscape
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

Can't they put TDK on the list? I never see that have lines. Even during Fright Fest last year when the roller coasters all had overflow queues, TDK still had no lines.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users