• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#31 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:48 AM

I think its still too new I've unofficially heard that corporate has said that the coaster needs to have been at the park at least 5 years to be put up for ride rotation so TDK won't qualify for the ride rotation program until 2013....now it could definitly be put up next time around and I definitly think thats the route they should go.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#32 flyingcrayons

flyingcrayons

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

well they should go that route if they can get rid of S:UF by then lol :P

if this rumor is true, I'll be really upset. Medusa was my first looping coaster waaaay back in 2003. Although Nitro also has the whole floorless thing going on (kinda), the feeling of going into a loop with you legs dangling freely above you is a rare one and hard to come by. I never really like the bizarro retheme, but the ride itself was a masterpiece. If we get a 4d out of it, I wouldnt be too upset, but still, Medusa/Bizarro will always have a special place in my heart :)

#33 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

I would be upset if it went for sure. I went on four rides during my first visit to Gadv: GASM, the parachutes, Nitro (twice), and Medusa. I hate the Bizarro re-theme and still will not call it that. But it's an incredible ride. It would also suck for my girlfriend. Her favorite coaster was GASM. When that went, Bizarro moved to number 1. It has become a mainstay when I go now and was the first coaster I got her to go on, which started moving her towards the enthusiast collection. I'll skip El Toro most visits (she hates wooden coasters) but we always hit Medusa and Nitro. This would be the fourth time they take away a ride that I love (Freefall, Chiller, and of course GASM). But this would be a little worse than the rest for everybody.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#34 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

It's to new to relocate TDK according to the rumor.

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#35 jps2

jps2

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

Then why was Pandemonium removed at Discovery Kingdom?

Posted Image

#36 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Why couldn't we give up Superman? SFGAm already gave up Iron Wolf, they shouldn't have to give up their superman.

#37 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

When a park gives up a coaster, they have to already put a coaster on the list for removal 5 years later.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#38 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

So (if the rumor is true) does that mean that Bizarro was put on the list in 2008? Or is Bizarro just being put on the list now?

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#39 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

put on now
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#40 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

^ From my understanding last year there was no "list" they just removed rides that they felt worked and then came up with this list idea that they either put together towards the end of last year or the beginning of this year. Gam & MM still had to put a coaster on the list even though they don't have to give it up for at least 5 years.

As far as SFDK goes its a different situation. They were probably told they could get a new coaster if they gave up a coaster but this was all before the "list" idea. SFDK's coaster collection isn't as big as the big parks like lets go through it:

Boomerang - the most copied coaster in the entire amusement world too many SF parks already have it

Cobra - Its a tivoli copy that many SF parks already have including us with BBLTT

Kong - again a copy that many parks already have the SLC

Medusa - a staple at SFDK its like their toro

RRR - not worth the effort and wont free up enough room

Roar - its wood

V2 - Another staple its like their nitro

so Pandemonium was really the only thing they could give up
Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

If SFGAM potentially won't lose their SUF until 2016, they should have allowed Great Adventure to put their SUF on the list for removal after 2012 since that is a 4 year difference, plenty of time for the 2 rides to be relocated to different parks with enough time in between when they would be installed.

Can't they put TDK on the list? I never see that have lines. Even during Fright Fest last year when the roller coasters all had overflow queues, TDK still had no lines.

The only time I can recall seeing it with a 30+ minute line was right when the ride opened and the weekends after that. The ride opened on a Thursday and I went the Monday right after that and even in the middle of the day I only waited 25 minutes. Same with a packed Spring Break day in 2010. Nitro had a full queue, even Blackbead's had an almost full queue, I heard Kingda Ka was 2 1/2 hours and TDK was around 25 minutes.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#42 jdc12192

jdc12192

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

Going back to my(along with others) comment about bizarro having the space for the 2013 addition, I would really hate it to be removed just for the space reason because they still have chillers area that could fit a decent sized coaster in it. If this whole rotation program is true, i don't think its fare that parks are being forced to remove rides.

#43 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Um so I got good news peeps and it reminds me now of why I normally don't share things I can't corroborate. A 100% reliable inside source with the park has confirmed with me that Bizarro is absolutely not going anywhere for the 2013 season. I'm sorry to all of you I normally don't post rumors unless I am sure they are true AND that they can be shared but when I saw someone over at GAH post what I had also been hearing I felt compelled to share that I had heard the same and then it got posted over here as well. This is just one of those reminders that even the rumors that seem true in this biz can wind up being completely bogus. At this point I'd take everything that was said about lists and ride rotation programs and everything with a big grain of salt as they were all connected with this rumor so they could likely all be dead wrong! Thread locked
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users