13 replies to this topic

#1 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well I got to the park at about 9;30, especially after hearing about how crowded it was to get in on opening day, but anyhow I was about the 10th car in the parking lot. I waited until 10:00 when they opened the gates to get in and when I got in I was expecting to be waiting at a rope but there was no rope and they let you walk to wherever you wanted to go to wait for that ride to open. I thought this was a good idea because it limits the crowds and people from getting hurt by running. Of course I went to get my season pass first and I was the first one to get my pass processed that day, nobody was in line. After that I waited for Green Lantern to open and when it did I got right up to the station and got my first ride in on the front seat. When I was in Green Lanterns station I saw the amount of cars coming in and they were all the way back up past the overpass, I knew I had to hurry and get my rides in. After Lantern I went to Kingda Ka which was about a 10 minute wait, and let me tell you those dispatchers were quick, I train was being launched every 30 seconds, I got front seat on that. After that I hit up El Toro about a 15 minute wait all the way in the back seat IMO the best seat on the ride. Then I went to Bizarro which had no wait and I got the train with the speakers working, front seat of course. After Bizarro I wanted to do one more ride because the park was getting crowded and I was exhausted, as I was walking through the park I noticed the second season pass line which was a 2 hour wait, and so was the other one. I was glad I got that done before everyone. But my last ride of the day was the Dark Knight, The worker only filled half of the screening area and the managers had to step in, but after that I called it a day and the parking lot was crowded, it was all the way back to the trees. I was glad I left, but it was a good day I only stayed until 1:00 and got on almost every ride, but i'll be there this Easter Sunday to do the rides I missed. Another thing, I was just amazed how long the season pass lines were, I would never wait at least 2 hours for that.

Ride Count
Bizarro - 1x
El Toro - 1x
Kingda Ka - 1x
Green Lantern - 1x
The Dark Knight - 1x

2012 Six Flags Great Adventure Coaster Count

ET- 13, KK- 11, B- 10, RT- 4, GL- 12, SUF- 6, N- 10, BTR- 9, TDK- 11, SM- 13, RMT- 1, BLTT- 1, RRR- 0

2012 Six Flags Great Adventure Visits

#2 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm getting scared, yet happy. If these are the crowds there's going to be some BIG summer crowds! On the finance side, more guests means more money. More money, means bigger budget for rides! lol

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#3 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm getting scared, yet happy. If these are the crowds there's going to be some BIG summer crowds! On the finance side, more guests means more money. More money, means bigger budget for rides! lol

You got that right! haha

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#4 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

This is gonna be one crowded year I think.

ET- 13, KK- 11, B- 10, RT- 4, GL- 12, SUF- 6, N- 10, BTR- 9, TDK- 11, SM- 13, RMT- 1, BLTT- 1, RRR- 0

#5 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Do you guys think it will be crowded on Monday? This really sucks because if its a crowded year, I'm reduced to going only when its raining really hard. I hate having to do that...... :001_unsure:

#6 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

I think the weather is playing a huge part in the crowds. It's been REALLY nice this winter and now it's really nice so I think everyone is like hey let's go to Six Flags.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#7 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Do you guys think it will be crowded on Monday? This really sucks because if its a crowded year, I'm reduced to going only when its raining really hard. I hate having to do that...... :001_unsure:

Were projected to get the most guests this year than ever before! This FF, I don't know how we're going to control the crowds? :sign0186:

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#8 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Today was nowhere near as bad as yesterday with crowds. I believe the crowds were due to online ticket prices which were $20 then $30. Hope to see a Skull Mountain count added to your overall count! :P

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#9 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Yes, a lot of schools are closed and the large Jewish group will be there Monday (and Tuesday and Wednesday)

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#10 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Today was nowhere near as bad as yesterday with crowds. I believe the crowds were due to online ticket prices which were $20 then $30. Hope to see a Skull Mountain count added to your overall count! :P

Just did Skull Mountain today!

#11 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Yes, a lot of schools are closed and the large Jewish group will be there Monday (and Tuesday and Wednesday)

Oh man, why do I always pick the days when groups of people go. I always end up going on days when there are a million school trips, or the Jewish group is there, or some other large bunch of people is in the park. The lines are always frustratingly long.

#12 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Maybe I'm wrong and it won't be as bad as I am expecting, I had thought Friday and Saturday would be jammed and reports said it was crowded but nowhere near as crowded as it could have been for a holiday weekend.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#13 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

I was there Friday, it seemed crowded, but it really wasn't. The waits I encountered were due to limited train operations (2 trains on Nitro = 50 minute wait) or ops still trying to get used to working the rides.

#14 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

It's mainly the operators trying to learn still which holds up a lot of the lines, saw a lot of that on Friday and Easter Sunday which was really empty.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users