7 replies to this topic

#1 Airkilla09

Airkilla09

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hey Everyone. I had what I considered a great day at six flags.

I got to the park at 10 parked really close and walked in and got to the waiting rope for what leads to el Toro. Rode El Toro twice, front and back row. I had to reenter the line and it took no more than 10 mins for both rides. I then got in back row and reride for Medusa oops i mean Bizarro , practically a walk on at that time. The park opened FRONTIER LAND at 11am. but only medusa was running and Runaway train was stuck at the brake run. I then walked over to nitro, they were running 1 train and the line was past the 1.5 hour mark. WHATS UP WITH THAT???

I decided to give an old timer another try, Batman the Ride. And what do you know it suprised me how its still a nice and fast compact coaster with high speed turns and how it maintains an over high g force through the entire ride. I think next time I go I will give batman the ride a ride again!

Now I walked over to Green lantern and superman, Both lines were right by the entrance. Either the queue cut backs are not being used or the lack of trains and speed of loading is contributing to long queue line. I decided to skip them as I have already rode them this year.

BEST PART OF THE DAY! I waited about an hour and 10 mins for front row of Kingda Ka. First the ride stalls out the front gate, and in 30 seconds it resumes. THEN I experience a roll back!. My first ever. After a long rolllll back. We relaunched a little faster and it was a great view as always!

Park was pretty packed
Had a great day!

#2 Joseph

Joseph

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Today was absolutely a nightmare! Got there about an hour after opening and there were Long lines for practically everything. Ka was an hour and a half which seemed to be the norm for every coaster except bizarro which had roughly an half hour to 45 minute wait. Even skull mountain had an incredibly long line. Got my few rides on bizarro and batman which can hold me till my next day off.

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Sounds like RMT is still having issues and I think maybe one of Nitro's trains is having problems too since Wednesday someone reported they had 1 train running and later added a 2nd train. Yesterday it ran 2 trains, and they really could use the 3rd train so they can still run 2 trains if a train has a problem.

I can't even imagine how slow Nitro's line moves with 1 train since it is a long ride. I waited for Steel Force on closing day last year with 1 train and it was about 30 minutes and moving in line every 4 minutes or so was horrible. Funny how Dorney can only run 1 train because of the cold but Nitro was running 3 trains in even colder weather 2 days later.

I was considering going today instead of yesterday because it was supposed to be warmer today but I'm glad I went yesterday instead.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Joseph

Joseph

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

It was so weird to see such a long line for RMT. They obviously werent using the queue line because the line spilled out onto the midway. The skyway
Was the same way so there was mass confusion to which line went where. The log flume was running all day but was closed to the
Public. They just kept sending empty boats around and around. I am kinda glad I have a season pass so I can keep going back
To try my luck to see if I can get on a coaster without getting frustrated. Hopefully they start smoothing things out for the summer
Because Nitro needs it's third train, dispatches need to be faster for everyrthing. Although I was quite impressed today with the
Crew on bizarro today because as one train was rolling back into the station the other was being dispatched. This is how it should
B done!

#5 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Yeah I wasn't working today so I took a trip to the park. Let me first say, it was a so so Friday the 13th. I waited for Ka for about an hour and what do you know? It experienced some down time. What else is new? I didn't want to wait an hour, since I got there around 5 pm (I got out of school around 3-3:30 pm). I went to Bizarro and then to Batman and that was it for me. The lines were very long as expected. I can't wait to work my Lantern tomorrow. Being a worker is better than being a guest at the park.

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'm glad to hear the Log Flume was at least running even if it was open, I hope it opens soon.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#7 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Yikes. Seems like it's been a rocky start to the season. As much as I'm dying to go to the park (I still haven't been there yet this season), I might wait until the operations start improving.

You're a lucky man to have experienced a rollback :D

Posted Image

#8 Airkilla09

Airkilla09

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Yikes. Seems like it's been a rocky start to the season. As much as I'm dying to go to the park (I still haven't been there yet this season), I might wait until the operations start improving.

You're a lucky man to have experienced a rollback :D

Let me just say that falling backwards 450 ft is an AMAZING experience. Probably better than the original forward drop into a inline spiral .
The ride feels as fast as always and you think you will have enough speed to clear the tower but the train lost all momentum as I was just barely peeking downards towards my designed fate, then boom the train reverses and its a looong free fall. And then you get a free ride. !

Overall the park was slow. As it was the beginning of last year. But if you all noticed, the park is no longer mass employed by student Asians. The park is training a lot of new people. I had a terrible experience being loaded at El Toro because of a new employee, but I bet the park will run really smoothly come end of May.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users