#1 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

Things worthy of pointing out -
* Nitro really needs their third train. I went to go on and their line was near their entrance.
* Skull Mountain's line was the shortest line that I saw all day, always a good thing to see on your day off.
* Rolling Thunder has gotten worst since last year, but their line moved a bit faster than it normally would have last year. I'm not typically one to ride this ride willingly, but saw that the wait was about twenty minutes even with it going down the stairs.
* The park was just as packed as it was yesterday.
* Ka was running three trains and I saw it launching plenty of times, so I'm going to presume they didn't break down as much as everyone has said they have been.
* Log Flume had quite a long line, but their line moved fast as well. They had about half/more than half of the queue full and my family was off within twenty minutes or so. Whenever I have gone on it, it's always been a bit of a longer wait.
* Has anyone yet ate at Kickin' Chicken? I've been wondering, if it's worth checking out when I'm a guest next time.
* I didn't run into any break downs at any rides today and didn't see any during my day as a guest except the cables.
* Spent the last hour at Dark Knight and Skull rather than waiting in a long line.

Ride Count:
15x Skull Mountain
1x Air Safari
1x Rolling Thunder
1x Dark Knight

I still have yet to ride the majority of the flats along with Ka, Batman, Bizarro, RMT, Lantern, and Toro for the season.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#2 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

You better ride Green Lantern! :P I supported you guys and even SUPERMAN when I speiled. :P

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#3 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

No, my next goal is to finally get on Ka in the front row when I go as a guest again haha.

2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#4 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

No, my next goal is to finally get on Ka in the front row when I go as a guest again haha.

Ditto.

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Agreed about the 3rd train for Nitro, it will help make the wait a lot more tolerable. thats good to hearts of flume line is moving faster than in past years. It had almost a full queue today so I skipped it since I figured it was probably an hour.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#6 Airkilla09

Airkilla09

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I AGREE WITH ROB, RIDE THE LANTERN, A KICK butt RIDE minus the ball pain.

Kingda Ka seems to break down like it normally would in the beginning of the season. Im happy with Ka. !

#7 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

The 3rd train on Nitro should be a big priority right now, because the ride was designed with running that 3rd train in mind. One of the biggest reasons(if not the biggest) reason coasters have MCBRs is to allow them to run 3 trains safely. The park made HUGE strides in the later half of the 00s and it looks like some of that is being ruined :(
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#8 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

^ The park hasn't even been open for two weeks this season. I'm sure they're working on getting the third train ready.

Posted Image

#9 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Just like last season, Nitro starts out without it's third train and it'll get it back eventually. As a guest in previous years, I always took note that Nitro typically doesn't start out at the best it can be though later ends up being the one ride in the park you can rely on to not have a breakdown as much. Lantern, I have ridden before and am not a fan of it personally. Flume was quite a fast wait though looked to be a hour which is why I avoided it though it didn't take them long to get off.

#10 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

What's up with Nitro's 3rd train anyway? When I visited the park last week I didn't see it in the storage hanger. I recall it was in pieces at one point last season. Did they ever get all 3 trains running by the end of last season?

#11 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

The 3rd train was ready by late April or early May last year and 3 trains were used most of the time after that.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#12 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

^Guys relax. Sfguy and Shelby are both trying to say that this third train will come eventually. The park has to readjust to opening to big crowds again. Its only has been a week and a half since the park's opening Give the park a break as well as the mechanics who work hard to try to get things done fast for the guests!

linebreak.gif

#13 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

The park has gotten more crowds than it normally ever has during their first opening week, so my guess is that they figured the third train could be left off without running into any troubles with the line getting ridiculously long. Once again, after years of being a season pass holder, I noticed they don't usually start out with three trains right away.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users