6 replies to this topic

#1 natfrolic

natfrolic

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Trip #2 for the season. Took a babysitter along so there could be more adults on big coasters. Yay for the 16.99 bring a friend perk. When they say friend, they still count someone you are paying to be your kid's friend right?

Got there at 10:15, surprising number of cars there that early but it seemed to be for the Dance Fest- the park did not feel crowded at all until about 2:00 in the afternoon.

Started with back to back Nitro rides with out having to walk around, just change rows. Nice. They were running all three trains.

Then two Batman rides, walking around between, but both were walk-ons.

Time with the little guy. Skyway and Runaway Mine Train with no wait and no bees.

Bizarro as a walk-on (by this time it is 11:30). All the elements were going as far as I could tell- but since it was my first time on it ever, how would I know?

El Toro with a 15 minute wait. Crew seemed to be moving efficiently and they worked very hard to get some larger riders able to ride. One poor girl was beet red as it took two crew to get the restraint down on her.

Lunch. Sad vegetarian. Really, a frozen salad and fries is the best I could get?

Time with the little guy. Skyway, Jolly Roger, Swashbuckler (other-wise known as a barf-ride in my family).

Skull Mountain with the babysitter. 5 minute wait. They had some entry lanes blocked off, increasing the wait, and then they randomly let some people ride in those rows. Is that what they do when one train has a malfunction in a row and another doesn't?

Green Lantern at 2:30, almost an hour long wait. But since I'd never ridden it...we waited. Single rider line was closed. And I agree with earlier discussion about the silly placement of the line- we'd waited almost half the wait when we got to that point. Afterward my ear hurt. My glasses (with a coaster nerd strap) made it hurt when I banged a bit. Next time I take them off.

We did not ride Ka as it was going and not going throughout the day. Seemed to run pretty smoothly for the first three hours and then it was run for a bit and stop for a bit (more time stopped then running). We were told, 'technical problems' when we asked.

Time with the little guy. A few games and a final ride on Runaway Mine train. 10 minute wait.

As we left at 4:45 the park felt the most full it had all day. Still plenty of people arriving.

All in all great visit and good to get to ride with my husband instead of alone and feeling guilty.
Learned to love coasters on Jack Rabbit at Seabreeze in Rochester, NY

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Skull Mountain has car 5 blocked off for Flashpass, when no Flashpass users are at the exit, they usually take people waiting for cars 4 or 6 to fill in car 5.

It's too bad to hear that Green Lantern's single rider line is closed, it seems to have barely been open this season which makes getting more than 1 ride per trip difficult with the way the line fills up so fast.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

^ My guess is the Lantern single rider line will be open when it is more packed. Yesterday, it wasn't nearly as packed as Saturday. I'd presume you'll see it open more when Memorial Day passes.

Yoshi is correct about Skull as well.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

I hope they open it up soon, it seems to be getting the longest line in the park and even on a day like Friday when the park wasn't crowded, it looked like it was over an hour wait at one point (almost to the switchbacks at the end of the queue).

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 CoasterKrazy804

CoasterKrazy804

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Also Green Lantern needs to get that third train up and running with these long lines. I just saw the train sitting in pieces by the train storage shed.

2012 Six Flags Great Adventure Coaster Count

ET- 13, KK- 11, B- 10, RT- 4, GL- 12, SUF- 6, N- 10, BTR- 9, TDK- 11, SM- 13, RMT- 1, BLTT- 1, RRR- 0

2012 Six Flags Great Adventure Visits

#6 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

What if they moved the singles entrance to the exit pathway?

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#7 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

^ The exit is a bit narrow, so that probably wouldn't be the best idea. Trying to walk the opposite direction as 30 people who want to rush and see their picture can get a bit hectic. Their best bet would probably be to make a second path cut away from the main queue and meet up with the single rider line. They'll just need to make sure they put signs up so people won't complain when they get split up.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users