4 replies to this topic

#1 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

I want to know from an employee what it is like to be a ride operator because i'm looking to work there for the 2013 season.

#2 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

I don't know if I have officially greeted you to this website, but welcome! :D I'm glad you're enjoying it!

The Six Flags team would be lucky to have you! The Rides Department is very fun and 'unique'. Unique in the way that we're one huge family. We all take care of each other. You'd fit in just fine with the other coaster humpers at the park. :D haha

The application process takes you through a serious of steps:

First: An online application must be completed prior to interview.

Second: Since you're a minor still, you must fill out working papers along with other paperwork.

Third: Once you get your paperwork done, you will have your interview.

Fourth: You will have 2 training days (Discovery & Department Training). The first will be Discovery.

Fifth: The next scheduled working date will be Department Training. Working in Rides, you will have several training dates, depending where you work (I work Green Lantern, and I had to complete several days of training to work the ride.) The more rides you have and the difficulty of working the rides will determine how many training days you have.

Sixth: You will finally be on schedule to actually work! :D

This takes about 2-3 weeks to complete.

Being an Operator/Attendant is so much fun (especially being on a coaster). Its a great feeling when you've ridden these coasters as a child, and now you're working them! Its hard work as every other job, but its very rewarding. If you need anything, just ask the employees on the site. If you want some real explanation of the department, ask 'TheChiller15'.
Robbie is a Full Time Supervisor for the Rides Department. :) I hope you decide to join the family!

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#3 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

I really want to try, but my parents don't think it would be a good idea. I have been talking to someone else too but I wanted to see if someone else had an opinion. I'm going to the job fair when they have it but it's not coming quick enough. And what is discovery? Also, how do you get more rides?

#4 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

I really am gonna try my parents dont think it would be good. I have been talking to someone else too but i wanted to see if someone else had an opinion. Im going to the job fair when they have it but its not coming quick enough. and what is discovery? also how do u get more rides

Discovery is basic training (The Six Flags Mantra). Unfortunately, you are placed at your ride. You don't get to choose, but you do get to make some influence on their choice. You have multiple rides if you work certain areas(i.e Looney Tunes Seaport, BBNP, The Loop).

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#5 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Oh ok. I'll make sure to stop by and say "hi" when you're at Green Lantern.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users