9 replies to this topic

#1 KingdaKaRuler05

KingdaKaRuler05

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Anyone out there on the forums big into shows? If you are feel free to discuss here.

I just bought tickets to see Linkin Park/Incubus on Friday in Camden, and have tickets to see the Offspring at the Pony in September and Gaslight Anthem in November in Philly. Never seen LP or Incubus so this one should be interesting. The Offspring always put on an energetic live show and their one of my favorite bands.

Gaslight Anthem are day by day becoming a more well known band, and it shows with the increased size of their venues. I'll be seeing them in the Electric Factory in November, where four years ago, they were the first on the bill of a show with Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, and Thrice. Certainly crazy how quickly things can change.

-KKR05

#2 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

I'm the director of entertainment for the Ole Miss student body and I get to book all of the awesome concerts. Back in april we had Gavin Degraw out and while I hate to see a show rained out he performed most of his major songs and then we got to chill with him for over an hour in his tent which was awesome AND he signed a used drum stick that was just used which I have....also got to meet the goo goo dolls whom are complete divas! I have Dierks Bentley coming up in a little over a week....I'm not the biggest country fan though :/
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#3 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

I want to try to get tickets to Sublime at the PNC August 21st with Cypress Hill. Also, my brother goes to Quinnipiac University and he is in the same class as Busta Rhymes' son. So when my brother and his son are seniors, they'll have a huge concert at Quinnipiac and I might get to meet Busta if my brother stays close with the son.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

I saw The Offspring 2 1/2 weeks ago at the House of Blues in Atlantic City. It was my first time seeing a concert there and I liked how it was a small venue so all the seats had good views. It was also nice that you could enter and leave the House of Blues when you wanted since the doors opened at 8 and the opening act wasn't on until 9 so we didn't have to sit for an hour waiting. Even with a new album out, they played mostly all older songs which I also liked. They only played for a little over an hour but I wasn't sure if that is normal for them or not (the last major concert I went to was Green Day where they played for almost 3 hours but I know that is not normal for most concerts).

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 KingdaKaRuler05

KingdaKaRuler05

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

^I was actually gonna go to that one, but decided to wait out for the Pony show instead. I saw them at Starland back in 2009 then they do play mostly older stuff, so the length and songs played sound pretty normal. Green Day is a whole different story haha. House of Blues is nice, I was there ago a month ago for a Gaslight Anthem show.

Since we're on a Jersey forum...anyone going to any of the Bruce shows coming up? I was thinking about doing one of the Meadowlands shows. Saw him for the first time back in March at Walls Fargo Center and he was incredible. It's amazing how good he is at his age.

-KKR05

#6 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

I went to Orion Music+More festival June 23rd-24th. It was absolutely insane. It was hosted by Metallica (my favorite band) and they headlined both nights. It was at Bader Field in Atlantic City. There were of course bands, including Avenged Sevenfold, Arctic Monkeys, and Modest Mouse. But what really made it was the other things to do. There was a custom car and bike show, a horror emporium, a Metallica museum, a skateboard tent, and the most awesome shops I have ever seen at a show. I have never had so much fun in my life. And yes. I am very big on shows being so passionate about music. I have seen quite a few shows, with that festival being the most recent.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#7 Cory

Cory

Future Industry Engineer

• Retired Admin
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

I hit up IDentity festival this year with a great showing from Noisa, Arty, Madeon, Excision, Eric Prydz and many others. It was such an awesome show and Madeon really threw down the best set there. I am next in line to attend Made in America over Labor Day weekend. I am really excited to see a bunch of people there. A few to mention are Jay-Z, Skrillex, Afrojack, Calvin Harris, Alesso, and Otto Knows. That should be one of the best shows I'll be attending in awhile.

If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a add.png
Robert Cory Molloy - Retired Administrator of Great Adventure Online

#8 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm extremely late for this, but during the summer, I went to see Roger Waters' epic production of The Wall at Yankee Stadium. And it was beyond amazing.

Hopefully his next tour is based on Wish You Were Here/Animals.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#9 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

I just saw Pearl Jam at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. There was no opening act and they started playing at 8:30 and played until almost 11:30.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#10 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I saw thrity seconds to mars a while ago, as well as fallout boy and panic at the disco in august. It was awesome as fallout boy was my first concert lol
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users