#16 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

Can't we wait til offseason?
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#17 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Maybe Musik Express and Autobahn will make their long awaited return.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#18 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

I doubt that musik express will because apparently it was sold (rumor) or was severely damaged during Irene (rumor)

Expect old country to return in 2014 with an intamin lsm launch like maverick or a B&M 4D in Chiller's old footprint.

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#19 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

I doubt that musik express will because apparently it was sold (rumor) or was severely damaged during Irene (rumor)

Expect old country to return in 2014 with an intamin lsm launch like maverick or a B&M 4D in Chiller's old footprint.

How do you know about this? Is it a rumor, or is it something you wanna see?
SHORE & COASTERS

#20 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

Those types of rides are still manufactured. Chances are that a brand new Musik Express will come.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#21 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

How do you know about this? Is it a rumor, or is it something you wanna see?

That's just my guess because we should be getting something (probably a roller coaster) in 2014 because it is the parks 40th birthday. I would assume it to be very big, and in my opinion, that's huge!

But then again, maverick did cost 21 million so I won't hold my breath..

sig_coasttocoaster.png

#22 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

I'm hoping for a Maverick-like coaster too! It is a lot, but if it's the only coaster we get for, say 5 years after that, because of the cost... I'd be fine with that! That leaves those 5 years for paint jobs, theme enhancements, and other improvements that we've been waiting for.

All in all, I just want a GCI, an LSM Launch by Intamin, and I think our park will have the best line up!
SHORE & COASTERS

#23 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

While we don't need it, I would LOVE to see the park get a custom Intamin 12 looper. THAT would give us the best collection on the planet :drool5:
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#24 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

While we don't need it, I would LOVE to see the park get a custom Intamin 12 looper. THAT would give us the best collection on the planet :drool5:

HAHAHAHAHA! That would be cool too!

Just a thought:

Maybe they will expand the park with a path going from the gates between the exits of Congo Rapids and Nitro, under Nitro's lift, behind the Stunt Arena, and over past Nitro, onto the unused land that was I think in the Original Plans.

I highly doubt that this would happen, but I think it would be nice, because I hate that dead end by the Nitro and Congo Rapids Exit.
SHORE & COASTERS

#25 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

That'd make it nearly PERFECT! A sitdown looper with a floor and then get a 4D later on, the Gadv collection will have the most amazing coaster collection.

sig_coasttocoaster.png

#26 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

I don't think we'll get a coaster next year; because, honestly, where would we put it? It would be pointless to remove a coaster to put a new one there, and besides, there aren't any coasters that are screaming "Replace me!" I mean, Rolling Thunder is old but it would make more sense to retrack it than remove it; Runaway Mine Train is a classic and that won't be going anywhere for a long time (unless it's replaced with another mine train coaster), and those are really the only two coasters we have that it could be reasonably expected that they'd be replaced.

I hope for the 40th anniversary the park adds a GCI woodie in the back of Old Country to anchor the newly reopened section. However, it doesn't seem like the new management is into woodies.

I hope next year we get a drop tower. That's the only major thrill ride that we really lack; and now that Magic Mountain has one, we're the only major Six Flags park that doesn't have one.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#27 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Yeah considering how even most of the smaller SF parks have drop towers, we need to get one too. I think every park in the chain except Discovery Kingdom, Mexico and Great Adventure has some kind of drop tower.

New England, Great Escape, La Ronde, Over Texas and Fiesta Texas have S&S
St. Louis, America, Great America, Over Georgia have Intamin.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#28 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Fahrenheit is still a vibrating piece of trash to me. I've heard bad things about Colossus too. I don't see the point if there's going to be 4 in lines and just a loop and cobra roll. I need Loop, Norwegian loop, some dive loops. Then we'll be talking.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#29 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Seriously I hope there are no plans for a coaster in 2014!!! Yes I said it no coaster for the 40th anniversary. 2013 I want an intamin 420-430 ft. drop tower on Ka and the addition of a new show. 2014 our 40th anniversary I want a major dark ride....I'm talking darkastle-eque! We deserve it! I think these additions are totally feasible. Then 2015 we would definitly need a coaster cause it will be 4 years since GL. Definitly should be an intamin of some kind either: giga, Maverick style or aquatrax....with the sole exception being if B&M finally has a 4D than it should be a B&M 4D.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#30 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

I hope that we see another "War On Lines"!!! I hope to see a Shoot-The-Chutes where the 4D Building is, an Intamin Gyro Drop where Freefall once stood and/or an S&S Combo Drop in the center of the Big Tents, a classic Wave Swinger in The Old Country, a Musik Express in The Old Country, and a HUSS Giant Frisbee in the Tee-Pee's old spot.

I know I'm going out on a limb here... But I would really like to see both a GCI (with a fly through station!) between The Northern Star Arena and The Saw Mill Log Flume, called Jersey Devil! Not only that, but an Intamin LSM Launch using Batman & Robin: The Chiller's old station, called Mr. Freeze (in the near future!)

And a Racing Mats Slide in Hurricane Harbor!
SHORE & COASTERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users