1117 replies to this topic

#31 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

I think the best thing for the park would be some flats and the re-opening of the Batman Stunt Show. Enough of these rediculous shows about birds, singing shows, and looney toon shows that are used in almost every SF park. Batman is the way to go. What draws in crowds like a high action, massive explosion Batman show! Plus flats would fill in the empty spots that make the park look bare.

The park is set on coasters for the next 2 years IMO. Maybe a 2015 rollercoaster?

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#32 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

I don't think we'll get a coaster next year; because, honestly, where would we put it? It would be pointless to remove a coaster to put a new one there, and besides, there aren't any coasters that are screaming "Replace me!" I mean, Rolling Thunder is old but it would make more sense to retrack it than remove it; Runaway Mine Train is a classic and that won't be going anywhere for a long time (unless it's replaced with another mine train coaster), and those are really the only two coasters we have that it could be reasonably expected that they'd be replaced.

They have about 875365904568 places for a coaster at this point without removing a coaster. They have a large chunk of Old Country(Right next to the parking lot), 2 BIG spots in Movie Town(Chiller's old spot and SMFF's old spot), Kaola Canyon's old spot, A large chunk of land bordering the lake next to Blackbeard's, A HUGE chunk of Fantasy Forest, where the sim theater and go carts are in Boardwalk, 2 big spots in GK(the chunk left of GASM's old pad, and Balin's old spot,and area around the northern star arena in FA.

I hope for the 40th anniversary the park adds a GCI woodie in the back of Old Country to anchor the newly reopened section. However, it doesn't seem like the new management is into woodies.

A GCI would be a great compliment to Toro.

I hope next year we get a drop tower. That's the only major thrill ride that we really lack; and now that Magic Mountain has one, we're the only major Six Flags park that doesn't have one.

The chain has shown they can go BIG when it comes to drop towers. If the park could somehow get a 300' standing floorless gyro drop, Gadv would have one of the world's BEST drop tower, if not THE best drop tower in the world!
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#33 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

The only other SF park without a drop tower I can think of is SFDK, and they have a 150' height limit. I say we get a drop tower, 1 or 2 shows (please bring back the Glow in the Dark parade, or put it on rotation amongst the chain), and a mat racer (or a bowl slide, or even better watercoaster) I would be very happy.

#34 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Glow in the Dark was great for a non Disney parade, I don't see it coming back since that was specifically mentioned as one of the things the new management didn't like causing parks to stay open later for it. Though for Great Adventure, it probably didn't matter much since the park is open until 10 from late June to the end of August anyway.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#35 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

I still say no new coaster until 2015. Give us a major dark ride for our 40th thats what we need desperately more than anything! Let me clarify "major" dark ride would not mean anything by sally corp it would have to be darkastle-esque ;)
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#36 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

I still say no new coaster until 2015. Give us a major dark ride for our 40th thats what we need desperately more than anything! Let me clarify "major" dark ride would not mean anything by sally corp it would have to be darkastle-esque ;)

I would prefer a shooter rather than a darkastle/spiderman ride, while spiderman is my third favorite darkride in the world, the first two are Toy Story Midway Mania and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. I think a ride almost exactly like Toy Story Midway Mania would be perfect!

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#37 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

Seriously I hope there are no plans for a coaster in 2014!!! Yes I said it no coaster for the 40th anniversary. 2013 I want an intamin 420-430 ft. drop tower on Ka and the addition of a new show. 2014 our 40th anniversary I want a major dark ride....I'm talking darkastle-eque! We deserve it! I think these additions are totally feasible. Then 2015 we would definitly need a coaster cause it will be 4 years since GL. Definitly should be an intamin of some kind either: giga, Maverick style or aquatrax....with the sole exception being if B&M finally has a 4D than it should be a B&M 4D.

While I do love the idea of a drop tower on Kingda Ka, it's really not feasible because unlike Superman: The Escape's tower, Kingda Ka doesn't already have a support system for the ride, and the tower is far away from guest access.

But I'd love to see a REALLY good dark ride instead of a roller coaster for the 40th anniversary. I think good ideas would be something related to Batman, a temple-themed dark ride similar to Indiana Jones in the Golden Kingdom, or a "classic" boardwalk Haunted House in the simulator building.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#38 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

That's a good idea, maybe it could be like spiderman, but put all the DC super heroes against all of the DC villians. Make it a mash up?

sig_coasttocoaster.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#39 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

I think a ride almost exactly like Toy Story Midway Mania would be perfect!

I might have posted about it a while ago but the a clone of this ride would be great:
(skip to 4:00 for the actual ride).

It's basically a ripoff of Midway Mania that was installed in Phantasialand in Germany earlier this year.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#40 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

While I do love the idea of a drop tower on Kingda Ka, it's really not feasible because unlike Superman: The Escape's tower, Kingda Ka doesn't already have a support system for the ride, and the tower is far away from guest access.

I disagree....It would be different from STE in that instead of 2 towers there would be one wider one that would go straight up the front of the tower. Some have expressed some concern over the hydraulics building location but its not difficult to put the station for this drop tower 2 stories off the ground (bought the same height as Nitro's station. The guest access is a little trickier but its totally doable by putting the entrance behind Ka's station (where the gate to the employee area currently is) wrap around the side of the station and then straight shoot a path underneath Ka's airtime hill to the tower. This avoids guests being near the launch. It would be an ungodly long queue and the most annoying exit in the park but completely worth it if you ask me. Heck they could even put a smaller flat on the infield of Ka's layout and make this more of an expansion of the GK rather than a really long queue and exit. This would also be the perfect location for the safari bus tour to start as it would be right next to the safari entrance.........dare I even say maybe they could even find a way to get a guest pathway from the park into safari exploration station which also isn't too far from this spot. They would just have to have some kind of hand stamp entrance and exit to make sure they were people from inside the park.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

That's a good idea and what Hershey does with Zoo America, if you are going into the Zoo from the park in Minetown, they have someone there giving out handstamps on the bridge to the Zoo.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#42 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yea see I'm thinking like have the safari bust tour pick up right next to ka's tower. If your inside the park and right at ka's tower you would have the queue for the drop tower at your right and then to the left going underneath ka's supports from where ka's train comes down from the tower would be where the safari bus picks up. But there would also be a path from there leading to safari exploration station. There would be a pedesetrian walkway across the safari exit road and then that would take them right into the exploration station parking lot. They would just need like two people at this spot to do both the hand-stamping and the rentry as well as booking the safari bus tours. Heck they could even make it where that entrance could accept season pass holders and then guess what we have our season pass entrance back and we can just park all the way in the back there near ka....where nobody currently parks anyway except on extremely busy days. This entrance would solely be season passholder and handstamp re-entry only though. And all of this totally fits in with the GK theme to be about animals and all that. I would also put a smaller flat and maybe some eating areas on the infield of ka's layout though to fill in the spot and make it not seem like a long deadend to just the tower and the bus tour
Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

I believe I heard that in the parks five year plans, there are at least three "new" coasters for each park. That may just be certain parks though, I'm not quite sure.

#44 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Each park in the chain will get 3 coasters in 5 years......thats a tough one to believe that would be worse spending than premiere!!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

Each park in the chain will get 3 coasters in 5 years......thats a tough one to believe that would be worse spending than premiere!!!!!

I don't think so.. Geugea Lake got 4 coasters in 1 year.

sig_coasttocoaster.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users