• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1117 replies to this topic

#61 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

^ I did thats why I didn't respond to it :P
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#62 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Now, I know this won't happen, but if they ever removed Nitro, I don't think I would renew my season pass.

Did anyone read the part in bold?

It's gonna eventually. But not for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time!
SHORE & COASTERS

#63 in4nolink

in4nolink

el force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

members, members, we all love our park so dearly :o) Im all for a "major" dark ride.. SALLY CORP. does an excellent job on dark rides. For anyone visiting Lake Compounce would understand. Classic Haunted House type style would be awesome... Hershey has the extreme cup challenge, the park can come up with a more creative storyline behind and it will instantly just be better with the general public overall if done right. Price would be around 7-8 million for the ride... the shoot some ghouls or even colabrate Elmer Fudd with Yosemittie Sam and make a hunt or something... its bound to be a success because it would be different and it would pay for itself ine a few years with the sales of merchendise andstuff. Im still all for coasters, This park has four fab coasters i could ride till i black out (never happened before, even with Nitro's helix)... FAB FIVE makes more sense then fab four.. just saying. The G.L. coaster i could imagine.. wouldnt have cost more then 5 million.. Ive rode it before in Kentucky so i feel like im getting ripped off here consider Dark Knight \isnt my cup of tea.. Ahh El Toro...everybody talks about the ride... everybody knows it.. GO BIG by doing it again.. GCI woodie with a fly by would be nice... but i want it in the woods, im tired of driving to Ohio to experience the best in that when the park has TONS of natural made by mother nature herself, FOG!! A GCI coaster threw the woods at GADV would also offer another experience local parks, Hershey and others DONT have. The drop tower off of Ka would be nuts, use up the old Ka queue.. interesting and not impossible.. rememeber this is Intamin here, there ideal concept of designs are out different! Just saying.. I know it would never happen but imagine a lift hell going in the oppisite direction of Nitro's lift 300 something feet in the air extending as far out to lof flume island with tons of speed and air and swooping back into the station!:0) Now thats BIG!!!(just dreaming folks)

#64 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

If the park even said the words "removal" and "Nitro" in the same sentence, I would begin to plan a riot and I would expect you all to attend.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#65 flyingcrayons

flyingcrayons

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

So if they said something like: "Superman: Ultimate Flight is up for removal in 2013 while Nitro will be getting a complete overhaul with all kinds of cool effects and other awesome stuff that would make it 10 times better, which is pretty tough but we're gonna do it anyways."

you would riot? (nitro and removal are in the same sentence for anyone who didnt get it lol) i for one would not join :P

#66 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

I'm thinking more of a 20 million dollar budget for a really nice dark ride. I want a sally corp shooter but not for the "big" dark ride I want for our 40th. I say drop tower next year, darkastle-esque dark ride for the 40th anniversary, coaster in 2015 and then a sallycorp shooter with maybe another flat in 2016.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

I'll happily take any addition that we can get, no matter what it may be.

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#68 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

^

NEW FOR 2013!!!!!

Its the return of Wiggles World! Thomas town is also coming to town in the od Gasm lot.

R u still happy? haha
Posted Image

Posted Image

#69 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thankfully the current management realized how stupid it was to add Wiggles World and Thomas Town to the parks and quickly got rid of them. It is nice to walk out of Skull Mountain and not hear Wiggles music the second you exit the cave.

I'm not sure how valid they were but I remember rumors of the park getting Thomas Town for 2009. Knowing Red Zone, I'm kind of surprised they didn't add it. They probably would have removed more flats for the area too. Just ask Shapiro, no one goes to the park for a tilt a whirl or in our case a round up or pirate ship.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#70 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

So if they said something like: "Superman: Ultimate Flight is up for removal in 2013 while Nitro will be getting a complete overhaul with all kinds of cool effects and other awesome stuff that would make it 10 times better, which is pretty tough but we're gonna do it anyways."

you would riot? (nitro and removal are in the same sentence for anyone who didnt get it lol) i for one would not join :P

^ Yes, but that's a run-on sentence.

Thankfully the current management realized how stupid it was to add Wiggles World and Thomas Town to the parks and quickly got rid of them. It is nice to walk out of Skull Mountain and not hear Wiggles music the second you exit the cave.

I'm not sure how valid they were but I remember rumors of the park getting Thomas Town for 2009. Knowing Red Zone, I'm kind of surprised they didn't add it. They probably would have removed more flats for the area too. Just ask Shapiro, no one goes to the park for a tilt a whirl or in our case a round up or pirate ship.

I actually would have liked a Thomas Town. Kids love Thomas the Tank Engine and that would have definitely raised the "family" value of the park. Besides, we still don't have a train (and no, I don't count the dinky one in BBNP, although it's better than nothing).
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#71 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'd like to see a train added to the park, maybe with 2 stations so it is a real transportation ride compared to parks like Hershey and Dorney that are short rides with 1 station although i'd take that too over not having any train ride.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#72 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

^ I agree we need a train but I'd like to see one that extends the distance of the park. I'd like to see an entrance right next to Northern star and have it go in the woods around the lake coming back around Congo...underneath nitro and behind the Batman arena with a station right where Freefall used to stand. From here it will be a bit tricky but I would have it go left and work its way inbetween the picnic grove and the employee lot and then bridge over the entrance plaza and come back down behind the go-carts making its way around the back of SUF and GL with another station inside where GASM's unused lot is. Then go all the way out around KK and Rolling thunder (yes this is far but its a train) and work its way alongside the monkey section of the safari around the back of bizarro and northern star and connect to the first station I mentioned. That would make 3 stations (Frontier, Movietown & boardwalk)

But there are more important things we need before we get a train
Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

^ I agree we need a train but I'd like to see one that extends the distance of the park. I'd like to see an entrance right next to Northern star and have it go in the woods around the lake coming back around Congo...underneath nitro and behind the Batman arena with a station right where Freefall used to stand. From here it will be a bit tricky but I would have it go left and work its way inbetween the picnic grove and the employee lot and then bridge over the entrance plaza and come back down behind the go-carts making its way around the back of SUF and GL with another station inside where GASM's unused lot is. Then go all the way out around KK and Rolling thunder (yes this is far but its a train) and work its way alongside the monkey section of the safari around the back of bizarro and northern star and connect to the first station I mentioned. That would make 3 stations (Frontier, Movietown & boardwalk)

But there are more important things we need before we get a train

This sounds absolutely amazing! You should send this suggestion to the park through eMail... I giggled when you said, "(yes this is far but its a train)", because it was in the middle of your plan. HAHAHAHAHA! Not, but, seriously... You should let your plan be heard!!!
SHORE & COASTERS

#74 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

^

NEW FOR 2013!!!!!

Its the return of Wiggles World! Thomas town is also coming to town in the od Gasm lot.

R u still happy? haha

Yeah, I would take it. Before I liked roller coasters, I was into trains and Thomas. :P

And I second the train idea, I would really love it, but here is the only downside to it, It could become a park border...

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#75 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

The car ride in Safari Kids is so weird. No cardboard cutouts, theming, anything. And the brightly colored trains...haha.

For 2013, realistically, maybe 1 or 2 shows and a drop tower (hopefully).

And on the topic of things not to remove- Skyride! So many Von Roll skyrides are being removed, it's so sad. :'C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users