1117 replies to this topic

#1081 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

This is absolutely killing me... If there isn't a leak on Wednesday night, I'm pulling an all night-er and staying up until thursday morning. I feel like this is going to be a VERY good year for six flags parks, and all of the parks have been on the down-low on details for their new attractions.

Dear Thursday Morning,

Why can't you come soon enough?

Sincerely, an overly-anxious enthusiast

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#1082 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Make sure you look for me in the announcement video! :D

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#1083 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Oh dear lord.....I can't imagine what Jason to not only get on the video, but what he did on camera...
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#1084 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

If there isn't a leak on Wednesday night

I'm expecting latimes.com to "accidentally" post the story too early for the 30th time.

sig_kaiser.png

#1085 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#1086 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

^herpin' the derp :P

sig_coasterfreak96.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#1087 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

If there isn't a leak on Wednesday night

I'm expecting latimes.com to "accidentally" post the story too early for the 30th time.

That or SF's web page will accidentally show the press release early like last week with SFSTL's boomerang.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#1088 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

JJ2K, do you know anything?

I wish I could say I knew more but I really dont. All I can say for sure is the safari upgrade, that there is supposed to be some kind of upcharge zip line over it, and that we are supposed to also see some form of a new show or shows. That is literally all I have heard....I have seen some pics of the safari vehicles that I am not able to share but other than that everything I know and have seen has pretty much been talked about in depth on the forums. If what GAhistory is talking about with more in between rides is true it will be a surprise to me as well. But if its all true I dont see how they're doing all of this with an under 20 mil budget it just sounds like a lot! I mean were talkin a comokete revamp of the safari, a show package AND another flat package!!! Each of those could easily suffice as an addition on its own!
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#1089 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

But if its all true I dont see how they're doing all of this with an under 20 mil budget it just sounds like a lot! I mean were talkin a comokete revamp of the safari, a show package AND another flat package!!! Each of those could easily suffice as an addition on its own!

Curious. Is that how much our park has available to spend, or is that just based on previous years?

Posted Image

#1090 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Oh dear lord.....I can't imagine what Jason to not only get on the video, but what he did on camera...

I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "JASON FOR WIPEOUT! GIVE NEW JERSEY A CHANCE!" :jk:

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#1091 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

But if its all true I dont see how they're doing all of this with an under 20 mil budget it just sounds like a lot! I mean were talkin a comokete revamp of the safari, a show package AND another flat package!!! Each of those could easily suffice as an addition on its own!

Curious. Is that how much our park has available to spend, or is that just based on previous years?

Its based on Jim Reid-Anderson saying no one park would get a one year investment over 20 million. If it were based on past years our park has seen about 2-7 million investments each year since '07. Id also like to add that there is nothing coming out of SFoT's camp suggesting their getting any coaster at all! The only thing anyone is talking about for SFoT is a 400' starflyer

Also hears a wrench to throw off everyone! What if Knott's giga is a premier? Swallow that one ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1092 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Posted Image

I am super Jealous... but I'm sure DiveMachine would LOVE to get a picture with him Posted Image

sig_coasttocoaster.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#1093 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Also hears a wrench to throw off everyone! What if Knott's giga is a premier? Swallow that one ;)

Doubt it, if anything, Knott's would get a clone or similar layout to Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland. Maybe taller (somewhere around 330-340 ft) , which means if the drop is the same as Leviathan where it drops the same amount of feet as its lift hill, speeds could reach (pending the weight of the train) could reach maybe 100 MPH, which would be the first B&M to do that and also the fastest and first over 100 MPH using a lift system.

Off topic, so resuming on, it would great to see the park go back-to-back years adding something really needed for the park's overall experience, flats and shows. If we see a small flat package, even if it is something worth paying for, and having new entertainment over the park in the ghost-towns of arenas and show buildings the park has would bring back to life say the Batman Arena or even the Showcase Theater, which would evidently lead to finally reviving Old Country.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#1094 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

With flat rides being so cheap, I'd like to see even 1 ride added. Something like a Tilt A Whirl would be ok for a cheap ride, $29,000 http://www.rides4u.com/view/2571 or Balloon Race (basically Pirates Flight with less cars) for $50,000 http://www.italintl....?record_id=1427

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#1095 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Doubt it, if anything, Knott's would get a clone or similar layout to Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland. Maybe taller (somewhere around 330-340 ft) , which means if the drop is the same as Leviathan where it drops the same amount of feet as its lift hill, speeds could reach (pending the weight of the train) could reach maybe 100 MPH, which would be the first B&M to do that and also the fastest and first over 100 MPH using a lift system.

Off topic, so resuming on, it would great to see the park go back-to-back years adding something really needed for the park's overall experience, flats and shows. If we see a small flat package, even if it is something worth paying for, and having new entertainment over the park in the ghost-towns of arenas and show buildings the park has would bring back to life say the Batman Arena or even the Showcase Theater, which would evidently lead to finally reviving Old Country.

Except new rumors appear to confirm that the new coaster will ONLY take up the space of perilous plunge which is not big enough for a B&M giga! It is big enough for an I305 type giga however....but my suggestion is that the whole reason everyone is jumping on premier being full throttle's designer is that premier posted on their facebook saying to look out for a new model of theirs on the west coast. Well what i'm trying to say is what IF it's knott's?! Then that makes full throttle completely open door again
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users