293 replies to this topic

#16 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Now, which do you think we'd most likely get? Out of ..
- B & M Wing Rider
- Intamin LSM Blitz launched coaster
- B & M Dive Machine

We've had that heated debate on why Six Flags should not add another B&M for a while, but suggestions are always appreciated. I've been thinking about what our next coaster should be for quite some time, and I'm thinking that the park will get an Intamin/Premier/Mack Launch coaster. Why? I feel the park has been missing something ever since Batman and Robin: The Chiller was removed. A new launched coaster will really compliment our already stellar offering of coasters, and if we got one like Maverick (with inversions and airtime) it would make me a very happy enthusiast Posted Image.

I kind of just thought of this today, but what if a launch coaster was put in Chiller's former footprint and occupied the old station, what if the station was retrofitted so that one side was a station fly-through? (see also: Apocalypse @ SFMM ) It's pretty much ready for track considering the station already has a hole on both sides where Chiller's track went towards it's maintenance bay.

I can dream right?

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#17 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'm really torn with what they could do. I could see 2 things:

1. a coaster
2. a drop tower and entertainment package

Personally, I'm leaning towards the second and I hope they choose the second. We need that entertainment package BAD! IF they go with a coaster I don't get why a B&M and specifically the wing rider is on everyone's minds. It should be the last option for a coaster. I thought Full Throttle would be a promising addition for us....but was pretty dissappointed with what it ended up being. I'd even be forced to agree that a wing rider would be better for us then a Full Throttle-type addition. I really think as far as coasters there are 2 companies that would work for us and that's either Intamin or Mack. I still say i'm all for an Intamin giga named Jersey Devil....PLEASE! I'm all for dropping the entertainment package for that and that's a GREAT 40th anniversary gift.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#18 romano

romano

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

I don't know why but every time I walk by chiller's old location, and look at it from an aerial image, I think it wouldn't fit a coaster like Maverick

#19 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

If there is no new coaster for 2014, I will be very angry. There is no reason for us not to get a new coaster. Think about it, we haven't gotten a brand new coaster since 2008! You may be thinking, Green Lantern right? That coaster was shipped to us from another park in which, was built in 1997.

#20 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

^actually, TDK was a brand new coaster.

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#21 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

I honestly do want a Mack launched coaster in Chiller's old spot, but I wish for it to be themed to Old Country and reopen Old Country, instead of making that entire area Gotham City.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#22 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

I think we're going to get a clone of X-Flight

#23 Philthy

Philthy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Here a short list of what I would like to see for the park's 40th:
New coaster, " jersey devil" comes to mind and paint it to blend in with the scenery. Also needs to be record breaker.
A new enterprise please and reopen Music Express.
Fix and paint anything that needs it.
Reopen some pathways to mke it easier to get around the park.
Magic Til midnight hours even if only for a short time.
Add more old park logos around the park like hidden mickeys at Disney.
Get rid of basketballs as prizes!

#24 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

They still can rehab the Musik Express. They also need more interactive things. Maybe an S&S Screamin swing. I would love that!

#25 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

IIRC, the ride carriages were sold. The cost of rehabbing the ride is actually more than a brand new ride all-together. The park would be better off buying a new/used one or spending the money on a more modern flat.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#26 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, here is one for $85,000 as an example rather than fixing up the old ride
http://www.intermark...himalaya-mj1363

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#27 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

Here is a list of what I would want for 2014:

- More Flats
- A new Coaster, called Jersey Devil, to add New Jersey Spirit to the park
- igNight to come to Great Adventure if Great America's is a success
- Turn MovieTown into Gotham City
- Rolling Thunder Refurbishment
- Repaints of some coasters:
>>>- Batman
>>>- Superman
>>>- Nitro

^ Those coasters need more loving

And that's about it! :D :jumping0032:

#28 Cory

Cory

Future Industry Engineer

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

We're most likely getting a show guys. After the two major additions that we have seen in the past 3 years, that's exactly what I am expecting. You can all prove me wrong but if I was the upper management, that is where I would have my money looking towards.

If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a add.png
Robert Cory Molloy - Retired Administrator of Great Adventure Online

#29 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

I know we all want coasters and of course shows are priority (and so are water rides...). We have some options for what we could possibly see for the 40th anniversary:

-Show package. Most likely including something along the lines of igNIGHT, if it succeeds, or possibly the revival of Glow In The Park. Plus, something to occupy either Batman Stunt Arena and/or Showcase Theater

-Flat package. We could always use flats. Golden Kingdom wouldn't be too bad at least one-two flats. Of course Old Country and, if Batman Stunt Arena stand vacant and useless, a possible move towards removing that and having more space.

-Movietown, Seaport transformation. Movietown should be Gotham City by now, and any flat could easily be themed Batman related with the slew of villains and characters of the comics. This would then include moving Congo Rapid and Nitro into Gotham City unless Seaport receives a transformation and re-theme with a possible relation to at least Congo Rapids. For example, expand the Safari Kids/incorporate the area with the new area to have a wild-like, jungle theme (I know Golden Kingdom theming, but just go with the idea right now. Trying to enhance the lack of theme we have) to go perfect with Congo Rapids. This could include some fixing up of Congo Rapids, maybe adding a little flair up in the queue with some tribal music.

-New Coaster. The options are endless here. Personally, I believe the park can survive without a new coaster for another year. Yet, one can only dream. Locations would primarily be Chiller's station, which thinking about it, would lean towards having Batman Stunt Arena removed for the ride to actually have a layout. The location of course opens up to the Old Country. We can only dream what we could do their.

This is one is going to hurt a bit for those adamant on the fact SFGAdv will get a new coaster for 2014, preferably a Intamin/Mack multi-launch:

- Batman: Reverse Blast? SFSTL rumored last month of trying out a B&M Invert train with the two middle seats of each row turned backwards. As we know, we have seen Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast come up. Now Great Escape is going to most likely announce in the spring that Comet, yes the classic wooden coaster, will have its trains turned around. If the rumors comes to life about SF trying to run operate the trains, GADV would probably be one of, if not the, first parks to get the trains, next to SFGAm (first Batman, first invert, seniority, although they did get X-Flight just this year) and maybe SFSTL (only because the trains were tested there. Doubt it with the "new" Boomerang addition) and maybe SFOG if you push it (DDD in '11 pus '10 their Batman got a paint job) We look like the prime location to get the trains and possible revamping. For Batman, attention and renovation wouldn't be bad. Yet, it would but another coaster from another park or a renovation of current coaster.

-Nothing at all. Staying neutral won't hurt us. Right?
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#30 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

They do need to repaint a lot of coasters, upgrade theming, and I think they should run Rolling Thunder with one side backwards. Also, we need flats and thrill rides. Preferably an S&S Screamin Swing or S&S Tower Ride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users