293 replies to this topic

#286 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

I don't understand why anyone is saying the Plaza Del Carnival path is unnecessary. It is the link between the two most popular rides in the park (Kingda Ka and El Toro). Most people, including myself, go from Ka to Toro, and walking from Golden Kingdom to Boardwalk and all the way around to Plaza Del Carnival is a hassle. It was a vital path and cut down on walking, therefore made a visit to the park less exhausting.

If you're referencing my previous posts, it's all explained there. The park isn't going to keep a path open if there is nothing in that area to support that path being open (i.e. because the park removed Balin's Jungle and moved the Tigers, there was nothing in that area to entice guests (similar to why they closed The Old Country)). Of course I would love the path to be open so I can run from El Toro to Kingda Ka right before closing, but if there's nothing there, the park has NO reason to keep it open besides convenience (and also a scheme to bring more people through the boardwalk so they spend more $$ on games and food and such). 

T-7 hours until the announcement!

Here's a round up of the rumor mill regarding this year's additions (all rumors from Screamscape):

- Drop Tower mounted on Kingda Ka 

My thoughts: Should be an awesome ride! I've always loved drop towers and I've felt deprived since 06' when Stuntman's Freefall was removed. 

- Reopening of Balin's Jungle with a Kiddie Coaster 

My Thoughts: Balin's was the nicest kids area before the park closed it in 2011. It should be a nice area for the kids if it does reopen and would be nice if the kids had their place to play while their older siblings were on Kingda Ka (and that rumored drop tower ....). 

-Tiger habitats retrofitted to become the home of the Baboons. 

My Thoughts: Well, it's an improvement. I enjoyed seeing the Tigers through the viewing areas, but an upgrade is an upgrade and I will happily accept a new animal to view when walking from El Toro to Kingda Ka. It would be a very welcomed improvement!

- Rolling Thunder Closing 

My Thoughts: As much as I would love to see Rolling Thunder stay, I would understand why Rolling Thunder would go. There would need to be a legitimate reason for the ride to go. For instance, if Rolling Thunder was rotting from its core and proved to be a safety hazard to it's riders, then I would understand why the ride would have to go. But if it were just because of its age or a cost cutting method, then it would be unacceptable that the ride would go. 

(if Balin's Jungle and the "baboon " habitat reopens/opens, then you can expect the Golden Kingdom path to reopen. If that doesn't happen, don't expect it to). 

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#287 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wait, I must've missed something a while back. What happened to the walkthrough thing through the tiger exhibit? And the otter show?

Posted Image

#288 jdc12192

jdc12192

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Wait, I must've missed something a while back. What happened to the walkthrough thing through the tiger exhibit? And the otter show?

You can still go into safari discoveries for the otter show, but that is it. The only thing open is the pool area and the "yard" as we called it closed after all the animals made their way out to camp Adventura. 

#289 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

I think you guys will be surprised with what else you're getting. ;) 

#290 Joseph

Joseph

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

What's that supposed to mean?

#291 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

I think you guys will be surprised with what else you're getting. ;)

You do this every time.  I hate you.

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#292 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

Zumanjaro: Drop Of Doom announced! Topic locked!

DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#293 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

I guess I was given misinformation. I was told that Hurricane Harbor will be getting another new complex this year. 

#294 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

^I belive they are still. Ok, Now Topic locked.

DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users