• This topic is locked This topic is locked
293 replies to this topic

#31 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Raptor we definitely DO NOT NEED a coaster in 2014 there is plenty we do need but a coaster is not one of them. If they ever use the Jersey Devil name for a coaster it has to be something epic like either a woodie or a giga. If they waste the name on like some random addition even a wing rider #FAIL!

Now that being said, if we don't get a coaster in 2014 then yeah, 2015 is a coaster must year.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#32 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'd be a happy camper if we got an S&S Screamin' Swing (not an upcharge)

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#33 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

If they run Rolling Thunder backwards, I will never ride it. Ouch! I'm still all for an Intamin Giga, Intamin makes the top steel coasters (Bizarro, Millennium Force, Expedition G-Force, I305). How cool would it be to have one of the top, if not best woodie in El Toro, and one of the top steel coasters, IN THE SAME PARK! That would bring in crowds. I think they park has enough rides the go through inversions, which is why I'd rather a giga or mega, instead of something like Maverick.

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#34 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

^We have the #3 Wood and Steel in the park.

Could you imagine if El Toro and Nitro both won best coaster in the same year? That would be crazy! It probably will never happen though.

sig_coasterfreak96.png
My Coaster Count - 249

#35 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Personally I would like to see that Congo Rapids rehab...

Just add a tunnel, waterfall, theming, etc.

#36 Philthy

Philthy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

The theming of the rapid ride in Brasil is great (where the chiller went) but I don't see SF going that nuts in GA. As far as painting goes they got a lot of work to do.
The paint they use never seems to hold up it oxidizes within three years.

#37 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

^We have the #3 Wood and Steel in the park.

Could you imagine if El Toro and Nitro both won best coaster in the same year? That would be crazy! It probably will never happen though.

Yeah that would be awesome but with the bias towards CP, you are right it will probably never happen.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#38 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

I think we need a GCI or Gravity Group coaster because we have the biggest collection of B&M Coasters. Or a Intamin giga coaster would be awesome.

#39 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

I want a GCI bad! But I still feel its too soon after toro to add it....especially since IMO toro was still the last major coaster installation
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Next to a Wingrider and another B&M, a woodie would be next on our list of coasters we don't need. Toro is was too new for the park to add a GCI. Honestly, down the rode, several years from now, when Rolling Thunder has kicked the can, or is on it's last leg, I could see a GCI in replacement (The station would be ideal for a fly-through) or as new addition to vary the wooden coaster experience at the park. Toro is still young (6 years), give some time until we see GCI (or if RMC has a nice trick up their sleeve if Outlaw Run and/or their Iron Horse revamp continue to succeed)
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#41 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Lets not bring up coaster removals anymore. I've ridden close to 300 coasters and I can tell you there are WAY WAY WAY more rough coasters out there then rolling thunder! Not every one of our coasters needs to be smooth as glass and it wasn't all too long ago the park completely ripped out the 180 turn around and rehabbed it....so work has been done to keep it around....maybe not comfortably but still enough to keep it around. I mean do we need to completely get rid of everything old? Have yall realized that if rolling thunder goes there will be a 20 year gap of roller coaster history at our park from Runaway train to Batman: the ride! I hope when the time comes we can add a GCI and still be able to enjoy rolling thunder at the same time.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Rolling Thunder isn't that bad if you get a non wheel seat. The left side seems to be better but neither side is bad. I just rode Rolling Thunder a few hours ago and Thunderhawk Wednesday and Rolling Thunder was smoother. I also think Wildcat (both Lake Compounce and Hershey's versions) and Gwazi are all rougher than Rolling Thunder as well.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#43 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Lets not bring up coaster removals anymore. I've ridden close to 300 coasters and I can tell you there are WAY WAY WAY more rough coasters out there then rolling thunder! Not every one of our coasters needs to be smooth as glass and it wasn't all too long ago the park completely ripped out the 180 turn around and rehabbed it....so work has been done to keep it around....maybe not comfortably but still enough to keep it around. I mean do we need to completely get rid of everything old? Have yall realized that if rolling thunder goes there will be a 20 year gap of roller coaster history at our park from Runaway train to Batman: the ride! I hope when the time comes we can add a GCI and still be able to enjoy rolling thunder at the same time.

Well, I didn't mean to say that Rolling Thunder is on the way, I'm saying it as it is the older woodie and the rougher woodie. I was saying if Rolling Thunder starts to reach a point where the ride is beginning to become way too rough, which I didn't mean to say soon. I know Rolling Thunder has it's footprint forever planted into GADV's history and of course, plenty of woodies have survived long lives, and Rolling Thunder may do so. I'm saying when that time comes, hopefully not soon, maybe a GCI would be a well-considered addition for the park. I'd love to have both RT and a GCI in at the same time (plus El Toro. Nice trifecta. Won't be up to what Holiday World has with Voyage, Raven, and Legend). Yet I feel the addition of GCI makes it seem like RT is going to soon be pushed out the door.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#44 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

^ oh it would beat holiday world in my book! I left holiday world completely unimpressed with the coasters.....the park is great don't get me wrong but the coasters are overrated! It also made me leave not feeling much gravity group love. Raven is still the hidden gem of that park but its too quick! Its a VERY mini boulderdash! Legend is meh, meh and more meh. How rcdb considers legend a terrain coaster is beyond me. And voyage was fun but toro is LEGIONS and I mean LEGIONS ahead of voyage. I get why classic woodie enthusiasts like gravity group because they still build their coasters with the same feel as the oldies.....voyage really reminded me of like beast thrown into the modern day....but I really got off dissappointed and unimpressed
Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Raven is still the hidden gem of that park but its too quick! Its a VERY mini boulderdash! Legend is meh, meh and more meh. How rcdb considers legend a terrain coaster is beyond me. And voyage was fun but toro is LEGIONS and I mean LEGIONS ahead of voyage.

YES. I marathoned Raven multiple times during my two-day visit. However, with Voyage, I could only do it once in a row before I had to take a break and catch my breath. Voyage needs Timberliners. BAD. El Toro is a much better coaster, in my opinion. But don't get me wrong, the Voyage is still a fantastic ride.

sig_coasterfreak96.png
My Coaster Count - 249

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users