293 replies to this topic

#46 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

I still ride Rolling Thunder when I visit the park, and I enjoy it. I don't mind that it's a bit rough, as it's an old wooden coaster. It's supposed to be at this point. It gives the ride some character. Any form of removal would be detrimental to the park, and even rehabbing it would be money that could be much better spent elsewhere.

Of course, I also felt they never should have gotten rid of the Scream Machine either...
Mangar
Lucid Vision

#47 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

We need a woodie or maybe a 4d like X2. Or an Impulse coaster

#48 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

As long as our new attraction has an awesome drop, I'm happy. Posted Image

- That's my favorite part of a ride, no matter what. That's why El Toro is my favorite coaster!

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#49 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

All I want is a coaster that will Make Six Flags Magic Mountain very jealous. And butthurt.

#50 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

All I want is a coaster that will Make Six Flags Magic Mountain very jealous. And butthurt.

Very well stated. lol

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#51 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

i'd go nuts for the return of a Premier that would use CHILLER's station. Mack I'm cool with as well.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#52 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

My guess is that Great Adventure won't be talking with Premier for a while until they see how Full Throttle and Superman at SFDK are doing a few years down the line. An LSM launched Mack a la blue fire would probably be a better choice.

Posted Image

#53 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

I love to see Mack over Premier to be honest. Nothing against Premier, but the whole SF has zero Mack launchers and 3 Mack rides, all of which are TDK clones. Premier has (as of next year) 7 coaster, 6 launchers. A change of pace would be good. An Intamin launcher would be fine as well (We do have an Intamin launcher, the chain has 4 Intamin launchers, 11 total Intamins). Anything along the lines of Maverick, Cheetah Hunt, iSpeed, or Blue Fire would probably be the best over pretty much every coaster type that we don't have.

It would be awesome to see the Chiller area come back to life, maybe a revenge storyline. Something Batman theme, NOT Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast (not stupid naming like that). I'd love to bring something Chiller related back, a redemption would be cool. Freeze's Fallout? How about Arkham's Awakening? I know, I'm using alliterations, but I'd prefer not have a Batman: Blast Coaster as the name. Something catchy, original-not-tacky, and easy to remember.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#54 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

I would like to have a ride like Verbolten. That would be pretty cool. Or have a ride like White water landing at dorney. We need one of those I think. Maybe an impulse coaster. GCI. We need something interesting not a B&M because we have a lot of them. We have the biggest B&M collection around. I think a high capacity ride that can eat a line away quick would rock.

#55 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

It would be awesome to see the Chiller area come back to life, maybe a revenge storyline. Something Batman theme, NOT Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast (not stupid naming like that). I'd love to bring something Chiller related back, a redemption would be cool. Freeze's Fallout? How about Arkham's Awakening? I know, I'm using alliterations, but I'd prefer not have a Batman: Blast Coaster as the name. Something catchy, original-not-tacky, and easy to remember.

Six Flags owns the name "Gotham City Gauntlet, Escape from the Arkham Asylum" but I'd think it would be cool if it were just "escape from the Arkham Asylum"

Can you imagine how much theming the park would have to play with? They would be able to choose any villain they wanted (giving everyone something they like instead of sticking to just one name/one thing to theme the ride around).

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#56 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

For those that want premier back Id be careful what you wish for....obviously this premier take on the xcar is an sf favorite at the moment and as fun as they look that would be a capacity nightmare at our park
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#57 in4nolink

in4nolink

el force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

besides a COMPLETE rehab of rolling thunder, in 2014.... I'd like to see a GIGA coaster roam throughout the safari land.. (over a mile long ;o))delivering a one of a kind experience that would live up to the name GREAT ADVENTURE. Make the GIGA about 360-380-- break all records. THIS PARK IS SURROUND BY GIGAS (NORTH<WEST<SOUTH) AND IT SURE AS HELL DESERVES ONE, PERIOD! It would make this park regin supreme in "air time" out of any other park in the "WORLD".. everyone on this site knows it... SIX FLAGS can GO BIG and GADV has the room and can handle the crowd to do it! It would be nice for the BIG 40th. Frontier Adventures... name it Outlaw or something. That would sure put a crowd in that back section of the park

#58 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

^Im assuming yohr thinking the iron horse treatment for rolling thunder?!....gosh I hope not! Rolling thunder isnt like the texas giant or the rattler it wasnt built all that tall or with awesome twists....on top of all of that el toro is right next door its the iron horse coaster that didnt need the iron ;)

As far as a giga I agree but would hope it wouldmget the jersey devil name
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#59 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

^Honestly, the Jersey Devil name, which is by far the best suited name for the park, could possibly go with an Iron Horse rehab. Yet, RT would be the last choice for an I-Box and El Toro was built by Intamin in cahoots with RMC. I would shoot down any chance of a RMC/Iron Horse added to the park, unless RMC begins to build Hybrids from scratch (if possible). I'd be all-in for a Giga with that name. Theme is key though. The park would have to expand towards the Safari. The queue, station, and at least a good portion of the ride that isn't a couple hundred feet over the trees has to be terrain. Say the theme is riders enter the haunted Pinelands which the Jersey Devil lurks. You enter the station as you go on your journey to discover the mythical beast. You dip, twist, and dive through the wooden barrens as the creature stalks the area nearby to claim its next victims. The plot would just go around the folklore and the queue would be a journey from the park "into the heart of the barrens". The queue would have signs talking about the legend, the lady who birthed the beast, the possible sightings, etc. The station would be a tough one to make go with the theme, but I would say at least a wooden structure, similar to how the Fort looks and how RMT's station is. Make it feel like you are living in the woods. Like log cabin style almost. Make the ride a trio of Intimidator 305's hill (or any other Intamin Giga's cable lift) and twists, Nitro's hills, Millennium Force's overbanked turns (not right after the drop, I'd prefer an airtime hill or a banked 270 degree turn like I305) and we would have quite possibly the greatest line up of coasters, along with 3 Top 10 coasters.

Yet, I'm not floating on the giga boat just yet. Other priorities over giga right now. A good amount of things, non-coaster related as well, are more important than a Giga at the moment.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#60 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

palmer, I think for a ride like that we would need a ride like verbolten and a big woods area. A good area can go back by Blackbeards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users