2013 Additions

178 replies to this topic

#31 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

Woaw all they said was that the new safari would cover all the same land as the current safari less the north american section.....I took that as meaning the animals in the NA section are gettin moved to a different one.....trust me theyre not getting rid of any animals they will be somewhere! Getting rid of exotic animals is a very daunting task trust me they will be somewhere! As far as the conestoga wagon.........I dont know what to make of what you heard but thats NOT going to be the station! In sure the wagon will continue to be an eatery. The new station will be almost there but further down and in where trees are now to the right of northern star arena.....maybe some people confused this with meaning conestoga wagon will be the entrance lololololol but I think they are forgetting that these things we call trees can actually be chopped down to make way for attractions....wow imagine that!

omg I feel bad I totally TPRed that statement please I just meant for it to be funny if you took offense Im really sorry and I really wasnt trying to attack you just trying to create a laugh thats all.....I love all of our members....even the new ones :D
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#32 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

i think it's going to be behind kk the station.

#33 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

^ It was confirmed to be in Frontier Adventures.

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#34 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

There will be 17 trucks, each one carrying 40 people at a time. Jim and Al said that this is one of the things they are looking forward to most in 2013.

#35 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Wow so almost 700 people can access the ride at once, that will hopefully keep lines short, I wonder if it will be on Flash Pass.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#36 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

According to GAH:

Safari Discoveries will be relocated into the Safari as Camp Aventura and will be a stop on the Safari were you can exit the truck.

I wonder what will happen to the spot it currently takes up?

Also with the announcement that the revamped safari will open Memorial Day weekend, is it really necessary for them to close the Safari early this year? I am having serious doubts that they will begin working on it in October. Why not keep it open until the end of the season as planned?

#37 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Maybe its an excuse to save money on staffing?

I hope they reopen the path in the Golden Kingdom. I use Safari Discoveries to get from Plaza Del Carnaval to KK and it saves a lot of time rather than having to walk around and through the Boardwalk.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#38 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

The entrance will be to the right of the Northern Star Arena (and slightly behind it).

Maybe this means the little building that needs fixing in the interior of the Log Flume will be fixed? Maybe?

#39 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

The entrance will be to the right of the Northern Star Arena (and slightly behind it).

Maybe this means the little building that needs fixing in the interior of the Log Flume will be fixed? Maybe?

The bathrooms that used to be there next to BotW were the best in the park. There was never anyone in them and they were so clean.

Posted Image

#40 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

I heard 700 people can be on it at a time.

#41 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Also with the announcement that the revamped safari will open Memorial Day weekend, is it really necessary for them to close the Safari early this year? I am having serious doubts that they will begin working on it in October. Why not keep it open until the end of the season as planned?

They've been working on stuff already. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of Fright Fest there are things done.

The bathrooms that used to be there next to BotW were the best in the park. There was never anyone in them and they were so clean.

I think there was a picture on GAH of the old BotW bathrooms with new markings on them. Maybe this is the 3rd announcement! "NEW" BATHROOMS! But really they will be just repainted with on-potty audio, mist, and flame throwers.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#42 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

The park does have 2 arcades, the one in Movie Town that is almost all ticket/redemption games and the Boardwalk Arcade that is all video games and prize games. They did get some new games in both arcades this year too.

That's kind of the problem. I remember a couple who crashed here this summer and went to GAdV. They called it the "Claw Machine Capital of the United States" - Not that I think Six Flag should be concentrating on arcades, but for the sake of comparison to say Hershey Park - One has an arcade that is a draw in and of itself. Where people can spend hours in, and some arcade enthusiasts visit for it's own sake. The other has claw machines. From purely an industry perspective, redemption games bring more money in. No question, you can crunch the numbers for other establishments. However, so do coaster wrapped ad's.

That unique element was also causing a lot of problems for the safari. The amount of people who drive through the safari trying to feed the animals human food, open their windows trying to pet the animals, or even litter in the safari is ridiculous. I think this decision is more for the safety of the animals over anything else. I don't think the safari was really making the park much money anyway.

This is true. Unarguable for anyone who has visited the Safari more then a couple times. However, this still don't mean the attraction is worthwhile. It's not "new" - It's the same old Safari, with a Jeep driving through it.

I disagree. If you read TPR or listen around the area, a lot of people DON'T go to the safari. Why? Because it costs extra and takes more time.

It costs roughly double the price of the Safari simply to park in Great Adventure. I'd argue the cost is negligible, and completely unimportant to people interested in the Safari. The people who don't visit the Safari, don't visit because they generally could care less about it. It's not something they feel is important, or that they wish to see. They went to visit a Theme Park and ride coasters, not go to a glorified zoo. Which brings us to why the "new" attraction isn't a good one. It's because that simple fact don't change. People who didn't care to visit the Safari, still aren't going to care about visiting the Safari. They may go on it once out of curiosity because it's there - But beyond that? It appeals to nobody, aside from people who were already inclined to visit the Safari. Some of whom did so, solely because of the ability to drive your own car inside.

What makes this a poor "new" attraction is that it's not new, and don't add anything to the park. I think what I sort of find amusing about it, and why I'm negative - Is that they are taking an already existing entity, driving you in a Jeep through it, and we are supposed to pretend that it didn't exist for the past 30+ years. It's brand new! Why? Well because they moved the same animals around some... and well, they have a Jeep, and umm.. there's a bridge and puddles. But it's new! Get excited about the shiny new thing, that has absolutely not been here for the past 30+ years. It's completely different!
Mangar
Lucid Vision

#43 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Since there's a Camp Aventura stop, I thought about a great entry sign: A brand new version of the original lion sign (the one from 1974-2006).
Posted Image

Just replace Wild Safari with Camp Aventura.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#44 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

They should bring it back

#45 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Honestly, any sign would be fine. The ride is kinda put in a spot that isn't visible from ground-level next to the Log Flume drop and RMT's station. Bringing the old-school lion logo would be cool. Even something to build up a storyline or a excellent theme would be a smart move. For example, the given plot form the announcement said something about the Wilds family bringing you on a journey through the Safari. Maybe a billboard, advertising looking sign would be different appeal rather than a random sign that says, "Safari Off Road Adventures". Something like what Kilimanjaro Safaris has with its sign (I believe this above the Fast Pass times and slots):
Posted Image
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users