• 759 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Participants: Jason (#JasonForWipeOut)
Rob
Kevin
Kaiser
Shelby

Park Hours: 10:30am-9pm

This trip had to be the best trip I've ever had to the park. I'm there 24/7, 5 days a week, and these guys made the day so much fun! I love my bros to death! haha Anyways, there is a lot to talk about on this trip, and I'll finish it off with the "most used lines of the day" and the next trip date! :) Let's begin!

This trip was planned so the Gadv Online crew could hang out, but I also invited my close friends. So the day started off with me waking up at 8:30 to drive my mom to her office. I was already on the way to SF with my friend, whom I just picked up, when I get a call from her saying to come back, since she forgot her charger. We were suppose to meet at Wawa, but I had to drive all the way back to her office. Finally, after I dropped off her phone, I made it to the park around 10:25. I met the guys at the fountain at around 10:30. From there we weren't really sure where we wanted to go, but along the way to the Movietown/LakeFront areas we met Robbie! We had a little group chat before we departed to Skull Mountain, where Shelby was waiting for us. This was our first ride of the day. There was no wait, of course, so we rode 3 times before heading over to Nitro. Nitro had a 1 car wait. Kaiser, Jason, and Kevin went on the train ahead of us. My friend, Shelby, and I went on the train after them. It was rougher than usual for some reason (*Tune up needed*).

After Nitro, we went over to Fender Benders. This was Kevin's, Jason's, and Shelby's first time on it. The loading/unloading process took about 5-10 minutes per cycle. We finally got on after 2 cycles. Jason had a hard time putting on the restraint. :P It was very complicated...a belt that went across the shoulder. lol It was a very fun ride. We all rammed into each other so hard. The only one who didn't get hit hard was Shelby. She was stuck behind a lot of kids. lol After this ride, we went on Deja Vu. It was a walk on and it played "Dancing Queen" from Mama Mia. lol Jason's alternate ego, Samantha, came out and danced along with this song. It was me, Kevin, and my other friend in one car, with Jason and Kaiser in the other (Shelby decided to skip this one). I had so much fun! I can't quite say the same thing for Kevin. His pelvis was crushed by mwah! Hahaha

The next part of our journey took us to The Dark Knight! The A/C was still broken in the pre-show. We waited for about 5 minutes and we got on. One car had Kevin, Shelby, and Jason, while the other had me, Kaiser, and my other friend. All I heard throughout the ride was Jason and Kevin screaming my name. lol "Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob!" Batman: The Ride came right after. It was fun as always! The wait was quite long, extending out to the mini fountain. We rode in the last two rows. In row 7, Kevin, Shelby, and I sat in one row while Jason, Kaiser, and my other friend sat in the other.

The Black Beard's Lost Treasure Train came next! It was a total takeover again! We waited 15 minutes for this one of a kind coaster, and grabbed seats near the back of the train. My other friends, arriving fashionably late, came around this time. We all met and ran over to the other side of the park. We were really hungry, so we went to Best of the West! I got a chicken sandwich. I believe Jason had a burger while Kaiser and Kevin had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. It was...satisfactory. :P lol After this ride, all twelve of us went over to BIZARRO NUMBER 1. We waited about 15 minutes to ride in the middle. We got the train with the worst audio recording. It was me, Kaiser, Kevin, and Jason sitting in one row , while Shelby sat by herself. My other friends took up the other rows. Next came El Toro with a 20 minute wait. My best friend and I went to the last row. El Toro never stops! It always gives you that thrill you need. Nothing new to report about the ride.

Rolling Thunder came after. We decided to wait for the left side of Rolling Thunder. We waited for an hour...I kid you not. lol The left side was only running one train, and as soon as it was our turn, the ride experienced minor technically difficulties. We finally rode after maintenance fixed the ride. It was one train with me, Kaiser, Jason, Shelby, and my other friend. Kevin decided to skip out to relieve his BBQ pulled pork sickness. ;) lol While waiting patiently for the crew, he overheard a group of woman talking about Universal. They were arguing that Universal had better prices than SF, and overall it was a better park than GA...we had no comment. lol

After the Rolling Blunder, we went to the Boardwalk to ride Houdini's Great Escape! It was a great way to relax from the coaster rage. Superman came after that. It was about a 30 minute wait. Nothing too outrageous for this two trained ride. It was a fun ride. Although, I lost all my change on this ride. I'm so sure there is about 50 dollars worth of change down there. All I kept hearing was "Click! Clack!" Everyone looses their change on this ride. lol After the Superman, Green Lantern came next. Everybody started moaning when I said those two magical words. They all owed me a ride on my baby! It was walk on, and we got on the X train, rows 4 and 5. It wasn't that painful of a ride. It was actually the smoothest ride on GL, EVER!

Right after that came the visit to the Coke Freestyle! Kaiser really wanted his Vanilla Coke so we had to make a pit stop. After that we went over to Congo Rapids. It took about 20 minutes, and we were able to get a boat for ourselves. Kevin and I barely got wet, while Jason and Kaiser got soaked! Hence the reason, #JasonForWipeOut. lol He's so ready for that show! :P We took a little detour to Safari Tours. We were honored to be able to ride Air Safari! It was Kevin and I in one plane, Kaiser and Jason in separate ones (Shelby, yet again, ditched us lol). My friends from school had to leave around that time (It was 6:15). We went our separate ways, and it was just our Gadv Online crew except for Shelby. In fact, Shelby never came back with us. Next came Safari Tours. The operator looked at us funny. We all fit into one car (I don't know how that happened). It was Kevin and Jason in the front while Kaiser and I were in the back. We were suppose to get a VIP photo, but the operator shooed us out.

We were getting board, so we took a trip to CYBER CAFE. Kevin was literally jumping off the walls over what was coming next year. He couldn't wait any longer. lol He used the internet in the cafe to search all these sites for any information. We stayed in there for about 30 minutes. After Kevin finished we went over to the other side of the park again. We stopped by BBNP to watch the "TURN IT UP!" Its an upbeat, get on your feet type of show! :D We met up with Richard and Kristen while watching the show. We took pictures with the crew after their performance, and by that time it was time to eat DINNER!

Panda Express!! This was a crazy dinner...let this video describe this part of the trip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wST_Rb2arj4
Yeah...it was late. lol

To end the night with a bang, we rode Nitro in the last row! It was a breath of fresh air! :D I mean come on? What else would you do instead of Nitro? lol By that time, it was 9:00. We made our way to the entrance, where Kevin had to leave. After Kevin left, Jason, Kaiser, and I went to the Main Street Markets to buy cool stuff! I bought myself another Batman shirt. All good things come to an end, and this day had to end. It was the best trip I've ever had to the park. I had a blast with these guys! More people should join us next time! :)

Quotes of the Day:
Kaiser/Jason/Kevin/Shelby:"Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob!"
Rob:"NO! It was BAD!"
All:"#JasonForWipeOut"
Kaiser/Rob:"CoasterFreak69, CoasterFreak104, CoasterFreak34, CoasterFreak84, CoasterFreak96, etc."
Kevin:"You're cool..."
Jason:"I don't know if I told you guys this but...I'm selling t-shirts, '#JasonForWipeOut'! Only $15!"

Roller Coasters:
-3x Skull Mountain
-2x Nitro
-1x TDK
-1x B:TR
-1x Bizarro
-1x El Toro
-1x Rolling Thunder (left)
-1x Superman: UF
-1x Green Lantern
-1x BBLTT

Total: 13

Rides:
-1x Houdini's Great Escape
-1x Air Safari
-1x Safari Tours
-1x Fender Benders
-1x Deja Vu

Total: 5

Grand Total: 18

NEXT TRIP: SEPTEMBER 22nd! MARK YOUR CALENDERS!

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Nice report, it sounds like it was an awesome trip to the park. I really hope they fix the A/C at TDK. Even though you are only in that room for a few minutes it is horrible in there.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

We stopped by BBNP to watch the "TURN IT UP!" Its an upbeat, get on your feet type of show!

I'm sure the beat wasn't the only thing that was up ;) :drool:

Anyways...here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Best ride in the park.
Posted Image

Rob
Posted Image

Houdini fountain
Posted Image

Matt (Kaiser)
Posted Image

Kevin (coasterfreak96) - He gets angry sometimes.
Posted Image

This is Kristen. She's nice. You probably don't know her.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh trust me, it was up.
Posted Image

GADV Dream team before leaving the park.
Posted Image

Such a fun day.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#4 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Thanks for the upload Jason! :) haha Kevin is so attractive with his FIRE!

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

#5 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Sounds like you really went hard as a mofo. Lol. Next year when I can drive, I'll so join you on one of your chaotic days.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#6 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

^I warn you, its scary fun. But you have to be...UP...for it. ;)

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#7 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

^I warn you, its scary fun. But you have to be...UP...for it. ;)

I put the me in awesome. And I guarantee it will be AWESOME.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#8 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

Shelby and I on NITRO!

Posted Image

Jason's t-shirt design! AMAZING! #JasonForWipeOut

linebreak.gif

#9 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Kevin decided to skip out to relieve his BBQ pulled pork sickness. ;)

Kevin was literally jumping off the walls over what was coming next year. He couldn't wait any longer. lol He used the internet in the cafe to search all these sites for any information. We stayed in there for about 30 minutes.

Panda Express!! This was a crazy dinner...let this video describe this part of the trip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wST_Rb2arj4
Yeah...it was late. lol

We made our way to the entrance, where Kevin had to leave.

Kevin:"You're cool..."

NEVER HAVE BEST OF THE WEST PULLED PORK. EVER.
We literally stayed in there for 30 minutes...I was so excited.
Click the Ad in the YouTube video, please :)
That is what I say to people who cut in line...poopheads :thumbsdown:

We stopped by BBNP to watch the "TURN IT UP!" Its an upbeat, get on your feet type of show!

I'm sure the beat wasn't the only thing that was up ;) :drool:

Kevin (coasterfreak96) - He gets angry sometimes.
Posted Image

Oh trust me, it was up.
Posted Image

GADV Dream team before leaving the park.
Posted Image

Such a fun day.

Turning it UP...!
I CAN GET SO ANGRY I BREATHE FIRE
Almost as high as Kingda Ka!
DREAM TEAM FOR THE WIN!

Thanks for a great day guys. It was a lot of fun!

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#10 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Kaiser/Rob:"CoasterFreak69, CoasterFreak104, CoasterFreak34, CoasterFreak84, CoasterFreak96, etc."

I'm not familiar with that last one..

sig_kaiser.png

#11 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Im going to try and go sept 22.

#12 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

I'm not familiar with that last one..

Don't you remember? :P haha

Im going to try and go sept 22.

Awesome! I can't wait.

linebreak.gif

#13 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

No Green Lantern. lol. All Toro

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users