17 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

This last trip to Great Adventure was a sombre one. We knew it was our last hangout of the 2012 season. This year has gone by so fast. Just yesterday, we were eagerly awaiting for Great Adventure to open for the 2012 season, and now it's nearly over. I'm blessed to have been part of this website for nine months and part of this great coaster community. I can't wait for next year! New year, new opportunities!

Onto the trip report! The Coaster Bros, with the exception of Jason, came to the park. I will be telling the trip report through my perspective. We all arrived at the park at different times. I was originally going to come to the park at 10, but ended up coming in the afternoon around 1 pm. When I got into the park, I went to Movietown to meet up with Kevin, who was originally there with his family. He and his family were renewing their season passes for the 2013 season. The passes look so much nicer than in pervious years!

Kaiser came around 2 pm, after doing yard work for his family. lol Prior to his arrival, Kevin and I bothered Shelby by riding Skull Mountain. It was a 5 minute wait for a seat in the middle row. Kevin and I went around Movietown to take some pictures, primarily of Batman. As you will see, most of my pictures are of Batman and Dead Man's Party.

When Kaiser came to the park, we went on Skull Mountain again and then made our way over to Nitro. Nitro had a longer wait then usual. It had a 30 minute wait. After our smooth ride, we went for some nauseating fun on Batman. It was about a 25 minute wait.

We decided to take a break and see Frankenstein on the Haunted Wagon Spells Trail! lol He was so happy to see us. We had front of the line access so we didn't have to wait. Our trailer had a beautiful butterfly hosting as we answered riddles for candy! lol It was a great way to take a break from the rides.

After the Wagon Spells ride, we went over to Showcase Theatre to watch Ghoulmaster's Ghosts. I think Jason has gotten us hooked on it. lol It was a great performance as always, and I noticed there were a lot more people watching the show. The theatre was nearly packed to full capacity. After the show, we ran over to the Awakening/DMP stage.

We tried to get a closer spot, but there was already a mob of people in front of the stage. By 6 pm, nobody was able to move with the amount of people waiting to watch the show. I got my camera out and started taking hundreds of photos! I have always loved the Awakening and DMP. Like Jason with Ghoulmaster's Ghosts, I'm a fan boy for the DMP crew. lol

After the show, we went over to Insanity: Gears of the Mind. This was Matt's and Kevin's first time in the trail. They were so scared. This had to be our favorite trail with the dubstep playing in the background. The actors in this trail are one of the best. This one girl, in the "morgue" part of the trail, had contorted her body and crawled on the floor which really creeped us out. lol

While walking over to Voodoo Island, we went to see Shipwreck Cove. It was a pretty good installment. Unlike last year's Lakefront Cemetery, Shipwreck Cove allowed you to walk in from either side. The music was erie and was a great way to enhance the scarezone.

We went over to Voodoo Island and waited 10 minutes to get in. The group that was in front of us was too scared to walk in, so I led the way. lol This trail was pretty awesome. It was dark, so I couldn't see where I was going. At certain points on the trail, we didn't even know where we were suppose to walk. We almost ran into the river at one point. We wanted to do Manor again, but unfortunately, we had some other stuff to take care of.

We passed through Circus Psycho to get to the top of the Boardwalk. The Coaster Bros split up for a bit. Kevin and Matt watched the motorcycle show while I went to see my coworkers at Lantern. After the show was over, I met up with Kevin and Matt to eat Panda Express. After Panda, we went over to ride Skull Mountain again. After Skull Mountain, we went over to Batman one last time before the original DMP started. Batman: The Ride was our last roller coaster of the season.

Unfortunately, Kevin couldn't stay for the show, so he departed from the group. We met up with Rich right before the show started. The original DMP never disappoints! It was a great way to end the night! Before we left the park, Kaiser and I rode Deja Vu. Apparently, the music was changed for Fright Fest, but we didn't recognize the changes.

With that, the 2012 season has ended for me. I'll be working up until the last day of the season, so if anybody decides to come to the park, please come visit me for the last time this season!

Roller Coasters:
-2x Skull Mountain
-1x Nitro
-2x Batman: The Ride
-1x Green Lantern

Total: 6

Shows:
-1x Ghoulmaster's Ghosts
-1x The Awakening
-1x Dead Man's Party: The Guest List
-1x Original Dead Man's Party

Total: 4

Terror Trails/Attractions:
-1x Haunted Wagon Spells
-1x Insanity: Gears of the Mind
-1x Voodoo Island

Total: 3

Grand Total: 13

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#2 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

After the Wagon Spells ride, we went over to Showcase Theatre to watch Ghoulmaster's Ghosts. I think Jason has gotten us hooked on it. lol It was a great performance as always, and I noticed there were a lot more people watching the show. The theatre was nearly packed to full capacity.

BEST SHOW EVARRRRRRR. I freakin' love Norma Nova.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#3 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

After the Wagon Spells ride, we went over to Showcase Theatre to watch Ghoulmaster's Ghosts. I think Jason has gotten us hooked on it. lol It was a great performance as always, and I noticed there were a lot more people watching the show. The theatre was nearly packed to full capacity.

BEST SHOW EVARRRRRRR. I freakin' love Norma Nova.

It's more like an obsession Jason! :P lol

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

#4 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Kaiser and I rode Deja Vu. Apparently, the music was changed for Fright Fest, but we didn't recognize the changes.

I noticed, but forgot to say anything. I forget the song, but it was a pop song. Totally ruined the Deja Vu theme.

sig_kaiser.png

#5 fuzzyfuzzy01

fuzzyfuzzy01

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I thought you guy did haunted wagon 2 times.

#6 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I thought you guy did haunted wagon 2 times.

The Coaster Bros split up for a bit. Kevin and Matt watched the motorcycle show while I went to see my coworkers at Lantern. After the show was over, I met up with Kevin and Matt to eat Panda Express.

Kevin and I rode it again on the way to Express Panda while Rob did some employee stuff.

sig_kaiser.png

#7 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

Great Tr rob. It deserves a +. I always like to see your trip reports because they go into detail.

#8 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Love the TR. I can only imagine the offseason being rough for you guys. 2013 will be crazy though. Once I get my license in March, I might try to head down to the park more and maybe try to see the Coaster Bros in action. Lol.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#9 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Great Tr rob. It deserves a +. I always like to see your trip reports because they go into detail.

Thank you! :D

Love the TR. I can only imagine the offseason being rough for you guys. 2013 will be crazy though. Once I get my license in March, I might try to head down to the park more and maybe try to see the Coaster Bros in action. Lol.

Haha Come join the Coaster Bros group next year! :P

Here are some photos More will be uploaded later!

Green Lantern, Superman, Kingda Ka oh my!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Quite possibly one of the last parachutes left on the planet...
Posted Image
Green Lantern's first drop!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fright Fest 2012
Posted Image
Hello 2013
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Skyscreamer
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Batman: The Beautiful Most Sexy Looking Ride Ever
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

linebreak.gif

#10 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Kevin was so scared.

Indeed. I am the scaredy-cat of the group lol.

I can only imagine the offseason being rough for you guys. I might try to head down to the park more and maybe try to see the Coaster Bros in action.

Since we all live so far away from each other, it will be hard, considering GADV was a central location. But we will hang out this off-season for sure. We'd love to have you come join us sometime! A day at the park with us is sure to not disappoint. :D

As always, fantastic TR Rob. You've done so many great ones and I swear I will take on the next one (with my Kodak EasyShare lolol). The 2012 season was great and definitely one to remember. After meeting the "Coaster Bros" on Online Day, every visit thereafter was a lot more fun! I cannot wait until 2013 and hopefully we will see more Coaster Bros join us!

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#11 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Nice report and pictures, it sounds like it was a good trip despite the crowds.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#12 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Well, when I get my license, I'll plan out my open days and I'll most definitely come with you guys in endeavor! Even though you guys really don't know me, I'll jump into randomly, or sneak in, like a ninja. :ph34r2:
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#13 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

I can only imagine the offseason being rough for you guys. I might try to head down to the park more and maybe try to see the Coaster Bros in action.

Since we all live so far away from each other, it will be hard, considering GADV was a central location. But we will hang out this off-season for sure. We'd love to have you come join us sometime! A day at the park with us is sure to not disappoint. :D

As always, fantastic TR Rob. You've done so many great ones and I swear I will take on the next one (with my Kodak EasyShare lolol). The 2012 season was great and definitely one to remember. After meeting the "Coaster Bros" on Online Day, every visit thereafter was a lot more fun! I cannot wait until 2013 and hopefully we will see more Coaster Bros join us!

You said you were going to do the last two! :P lol Liar!! I'm just kidding, but you'll be doing the first trip report of the new year! :P haha We will add more members to the Coaster Bros (SFNEkid12 and Palmer). I cannot wait till next year!

Nice report and pictures, it sounds like it was a good trip despite the crowds.

Thanks Yoshi! Yeah it was pretty bad. The park had to stay open till 12 since there were so many people in line.

Well, when I get my license, I'll plan out my open days and I'll most definitely come with you guys in endeavor! Even though you guys really don't know me, I'll jump into randomly, or sneak in, like a ninja. :ph34r2:

Hahaha Can't wait to meet you Palmer! You will have a lot of fun with the Great Adventure Online crew!

linebreak.gif

#14 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I should really hang with you guys for a day. seems like you have a lot of fun.

#15 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

I should really hang with you guys for a day. seems like you have a lot of fun.

Yeah you should! We have a lot of fun!

More photos!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Look at this handsome stud. lol
Posted Image
And this one. lol
Posted Image
GOOGLE
Posted Image
Posted Image
Poor Seaport. lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Duh...duh...
Posted Image
Duh..duh.duh.duh.duh...
Posted Image
Duh.duh.duh.duh.duh.duh.duh...!!!!!!
Posted Image
DUH DUH DUH!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Kingda Ka!
Posted Image
Going to see Frankenstein! :D hahaha
Posted Image
Hey Frank! Where is your 'Ghoulfriend'? :P lol
Posted Image

linebreak.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users