What Do You Want To Do?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Pretty simple topic. After the discussion about college in the NEPT, I thought it would be cool to make a little topic about it.

If you aren't in college yet, say what you want to study in college or what you want to do as a profession.

If you are in college, say what you're studying and what you want to do as a profession.

If you've graduated college or are already in the real world, say what your major was, what you're doing now, and if you want to be doing something else.

So I'll start:

I'm at the end of my first semester of college, working for a degree in Computer Science.
I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with it, but I have a lot of experience already in web development, and interests in video game development or cyber security.

sig_kaiser.png

#2 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

In my senior year of high school. I plan to study mechanical engineering in college. Probably minor in Structural engineering. I applied to 10 schools.
Got into Penn State.

List of schools I applied to:
Rutgers
Penn State
Poly-NYU
Stevens
Fairhleigh Dickinson
NJIT
TCNJ
University of Central Florida
Drexel
Cooper Union

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#3 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Cool topic!

I'm not in college yet, but I am narrowing down things. My possible majors will be Marketing, Journalism, or Engineering. My goal is to work in one of Florida's theme parks, or work for a magazine that discusses those parks (Attractions Magazine being my #1)

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#4 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

So, I'm a sophomore in high school, and my main goal is to be an architect. Before I jump into architecture, I'm not sure if I should go to school for structural engineering and then go to graduate school for architecture or if I should go to school for. architecture then get a masters in structural engineering. Each has its positives and negatives. The plus or architecture is that it's my passion, but I'm not guaranteed a job, while structural engineering, I could find a job much more easily then architecture, but I don't want to end up getting stuck there just because of money. So it's just something where I really need to look at which would be best in the long run.

The colleges I plan on applying to are

Syracuse
The Pratt Institute
Virginia Tech
Boston University
University of Illinois

My top choices would be:

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Rice University

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#5 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm a junior in high school and I'm looking to go into a Marketing/Communications or Business Management/Administration. My dream job would be something like an Amusement Park PR Director or Park Manager/President.

However, if I can get into the University of Central Florida, my major will be Hospitality Management, for they have a specific track towards theme park management. (Only school besides University of Singapore to offer this).

Very cool topic. I'm assuming that many of us hope to work in the amusement industry one day, so this is a great way for people to connect and network for the future!

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#6 thechiller15

thechiller15

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I want to be a Full-Time supervisor at Six Flags

#7 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm finishing up my first semester at Rowan as a Mechanical Engineering major. I, like many before me, want a job somewhere in the amusement park industry, whether it's working for a coaster design firm, a park, waterslide company, etc. While I'd love getting a job somewhere there straight out of college, I'm probably going to need some experience first. As for what I want to do for that, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see as time goes on.

Posted Image

#8 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Well there's a couple of things I would like to do.
Got to the Culinary institute of America. One day I would like to become a chef one day and make amazing food. Also maybe get an internship at disney. I would love to be a chef for disney feeding millions every Year with everybody loving my food. Here's one of the pictures I designed all by myself. Posted Image

I would also like to go to college for history to possibly become a history teacher. Also I thought engeneering so maybe I could become a new coaster designer.

#9 wasabiix0

wasabiix0

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Well there's a couple of things I would like to do.
Got to the Culinary institute of America. One day I would like to become a chef one day and make amazing food. Also maybe get an internship at disney. I would love to be a chef for disney feeding millions every Year with everybody loving my food. Here's one of the pictures I designed all by myself. Posted Image

I would also like to go to college for history to possibly become a history teacher. Also I thought engeneering so maybe I could become a new coaster designer.

Oooh, your plate looks super pretty and makes me want to actually eat it (even though I hate shrimp)! If you decide to get an internship at Disney, make sure that you do it as a Professional Internship. If you go into their regular culinary program, there's a strong chance that all you would be doing is quick service (which can be anything.) My crazy roommate was in the culinary program and worked quick service at Caribbean Beach and never set foot into an actual kitchen sitting, meanwhile one of her friends actually worked in the kitchen at the Contemporary! So make sure you start yourself higher up if you decide to go that route so you're guaranteed a kitchen spot!

Anyway, for me? I graduate next semester, just with an associates since there's no where around here that even offers the major I'm looking for, but my ORIGINAL major was for teaching. My over all goal is just opening up my own photography business, which I've already started. Small scale and haven't been able to do anything yet, but I'll get there. :D

#10 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

D to the G to the Raff-er-ty

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I did a year at New York City College of Technology studying Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design Technology because I wanted to be a Walt Disney Imagineer. However, as I was in school. I discovered I have a math dyslexia, so it didn't work out. Now I live in Florida and work for Disney (which has been my goal since I was little), but I'm not entirely sure what I want to do. I'm currently going to Valencia College in Orlando to get my AA and then I'm going to go to UCF for Theme Park Management and Hospitality.

So my foot is already in my career, however I still need to figure out and work on what I actually want to do.
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Roller Coasters ridden: 305

Click here for my theme park / roller coaster videos!

#11 Rob

Rob

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Made it into Rutgers for the Arts and Sciences and NJIT for mechanical engineering.

I'm waiting for:
Rutgers- Engineering Program
Drexel
Stevens
TCNJ
Poly NYU
UCF
Cooper Union
Fairleigh Dickinson

Why did I have to pick so many schools? why?

My number one choice is Stevens Institute of Technology, followed by Poly NYU and Penn State.

linebreak.gif
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2011- Foods
Six Flags Great Adventure Team Member 2012- Rides - Green Lantern
Six Flags Great Adventure Unit Supervisor 2013- Rides - Superman: Ultimate Flight

Total Roller Coasters I've been on: 162

#12 gasmspiritblue

gasmspiritblue

The Great American Scream Machine

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

You picked so many because you are a asian! That's the answer Rob!
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users