4 replies to this topic

#1 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Since Edir Eht Namtab was a big hit for SFGAm and Repiv will make its debut at said park next week, I was wondering if GADV would ever turn one of their coasters in reverse for a said period of time.

If such a thing were to happen next year, here's how I'd like to see the park pull it off.

Coasters I'd like to see reveresed: Batman, Nitro, and Skull Mountain.

And just like GAm, they should do it all in one season, but in certain intervals.

Namtab would be available during the slower spring season (Opening day-Memorial Day)

Ortin would debut sometime after the official start of summer (late June-Labor Day)

And finally, Niatnuom Lluks would be a Fright Fest exclusive. But rather than simply turning the trains backwards, there would also be fog effects and extra strobes added in the main ride to enhance disorientation and unpredictability.

Which coasters would you like to see reversed at Great Adventure?
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#2 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

I would like to see rolling thunder, bizarro or el toro. I think bizarro just to get more people to ride it and get its numbers back up.

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Bizarro backwards would fit well with the theme of the ride. I think that they tested the ride backwards before it reopened as Bizarro and there were some issues with it running backwards but now that Batman at SFGAM is able to run backwards, it could somehow work on Bizarro 2. If anything was run backwards I'd like to see it set up like XLR-8 at Astroworld where some rows were backwards and others were forward.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Turning b&m's backward takes a lot of work. They needed b&m to design an entirely new chassis for gam which will now circulate the chain for other btrs to go reverse. Bizarro backwards was privately tested and deemed too intense. But note if it was publicly made in reverse the work to do that would be very costly. Forget a whole new chassis they'd have to completely rebuild the station floor to rise up to the backwards facing train and then rebuild it again when they design to go back to forwards...this is the main reason why i dont see any floorless coasters ever going backwards. As far as other b&m's going backward you know i highly doubt it....im not saying no but sf picked btr specifically because most of their parks could benefit from the chassis. There arent many other b&ms that close to every park has that would make buying the whole new chassis beneficial which is why i just dont see any b&m's besides btr's going backward around the chain. Rolling thunder has run backward but there are issues with what the parts manufacturers will cover when a park does that which from what i understand is why gadv stopped turning rolling thunder backwards during fright fest. El toro shouldnt be touched its a legend...kk NEVER! Tdk wouldnt make sense backwards. Maybe skully but ur already in the dark so u cant see where ur going anyway...though i would love to feel that first drop in reverse. Rmt i wouldnt with the locomotive first car and all. So i guess i would say at the end of the day maybe rolling thunder and maybe skully and maybe btr cause im sure we'll get the chassis eventually but other than that i dont see it and if we dont see it at all it wouldnt surprise me. Its a fad imo kinda like the stand up craze of the late 90's it will die out
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#5 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Niart Erusaert Tsol S'draebkcalb DRAEBKCALBMAET#
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users