Photo

New Hotel And Retail Complex In Jackson, Nj

21 replies to this topic

#1 jsblumen

jsblumen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Since I couldn't make it to GadvOnline Day, I would take a good look at this article after you get back home.

http://www.oceancoun...retail-complex/

EpZfYKF.jpg

#2 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Newly themed area Plaza del Carnival? Uh...

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Sounds like they need to update their plans with the mentioning of stations for gondolas at the safari

"“Jackson is home to Six Flags Great Adventure, Wild Safari Park, Hurricane Harbor Water Park as well as their newly themed area Plaza Del Carnaval. Combined, these are the four largest amusement parks in the Northeast."

Besides the Safari no longer it's own park, they are considering Plaza Del Carnaval it's own park?

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Wow, I forgot that we were a four-park complex!

"Yeah right" would be my brief, two-word response to this proposal.

Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#5 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Coming from a person that could benefit from this sort of thing, I think it's a decent idea. The proposal seems a bit far-fetched, I don't think they need to have all of those ammenities. I don't think they need to build a monorail, just a simple shuttle that runs to the water park and theme park. I don't see the night club really attracting many people, I'm sure there are plenty of clubs and bars near the shore anyway.

Would Six Flags be the ones running the hotel? Or would they just be a supporter?

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#6 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

Is this gonna be Cedar Point, how the hotel is basically right next to it?  I mean, the park NEEDS a hotel nearby.  Go past the fact that the article clearly has no clue about Great Adventure, as long this hotel actually goes through (even if it's a rinky-dink, run-of-the-mill hotel), it would be a well needed addition.  I have feeling the park won't run the operations but I know they will get that shuttle service, and maybe a new walkway from this hotel, going once the hotel opens.  

While I have no argument as to why they believe Plaza Del Carnival is new (which is currently 7 years old) and they still believe the Safari is separate (I'd give them the leeway since SORA was new this year), I believe when they meant combined, it was including the hotel complex.  Granted, it would be a 3 park (according to them) complex, but regardless, I think I understand what they were trying to say. 

Also, what the hell do they mean by "the three other gondola towers located within the amusement park"? 

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#7 jsblumen

jsblumen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

Also, what the hell do they mean by "the three other gondola towers located within the amusement park"? 

In the article they were talking about a Skyway gondola that would take people between the parks and the hotel.  The last picture is what the stations would look like and that is what the gondola tower is.

EpZfYKF.jpg

#8 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

So that means IF (it's only details, it could still get voted down) this proposal gets passed, it has to get approval from the park to build these towers.  With that being said, and God only knows the timetable for this project, where will these things go?  Does this mean Skyway is being renovated to hold this gondola traveler?  Is it going to be like BGT's Skyway that has the median that changes directions of the cable cars?  I feel this proposal leaves way too many open questions and few answers that could keep the park's aura relatively untouched or benefitted.  Something just seems wrong about this plan.

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#9 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. I'm really hoping this won't fall through like the previous hotel proposal did. Great Adventure is probably the only major park that doesn't have a hotel either on site or within a 15 minute drive. For being a world class park, it isn't too accommodating for people out of state.

Posted Image

#10 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Jackson is just looking at more ways to increase it's property tax ratables.

With that said: It's not really a bad idea. The best way to think of it, would be sort of like an inland version of what Long Branch did by building Pier Village. The difference, is that Long Branch has the beach which if you build some yuppie shoppes and a boutique hotel, will draw upscale visitors. Jackson has a theme park, which tends to draw the opposite. The current outlets nearby already do help to draw people in, but during the winter months the problem with the location is that it's sort of in the middle of nowhere. It COULD work if Jackson is smart about it, and if theres a hotel nearby - More people will fly in to visit the park, as it does have a couple of must-ride/bucket list type coasters. However, the problem Jackson faces is the down months...

Will be interesting, but not the worst idea I've seen.

Mangar
Lucid Vision

#11 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Since I couldn't make it to GadvOnline Day, I would take a good look at this article after you get back home.

http://www.oceancoun...retail-complex/

Rolling Thunder doesn't appear in any of the illustrations. Strange, huh?

#12 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Um has anybody noticed that this thing is put to take over our entire parking lot? Look at the pic! That clearly hurricane harbor on the right and this complex is completely put over our parking lot...the park must know about this idea cause that all their land

Edit: on second thought that might just be the sliver of land between the parking lot and hurricane harbor. Currently thats overflow parking, guest drop off/pick up and an abandoned gas station... But im not sure i feel like i should be seeing some parking lot to the left not just all trees there

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#13 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

Um has anybody noticed that this thing is put to take over our entire parking lot? Look at the pic! That clearly hurricane harbor on the right and this complex is completely put over our parking lot...the park must know about this idea cause that all their land

Edit: on second thought that might just be the sliver of land between the parking lot and hurricane harbor. Currently thats overflow parking, guest drop off/pick up and an abandoned gas station... But im not sure i feel like i should be seeing some parking lot to the left not just all trees there

I looked on Google Earth and none of that land is parking lot. Most of it is grassy areas and like you said the abandoned gas station.

hotel+complex%253F.jpg

#14 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

^great job. Still my point holds firm that's the park's land
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#15 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, the park owns that. It seems to be a logical place to put a hotel being between the park's entrance and exit roads, plus half of it is already cleared for them minimizing the number of trees the park has to cut down. If the article wasn't so darn weird I would say that there's something to this.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users