216 replies to this topic

#1 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

With Zumanjaro announced, speculation about 2015 will undoubtedly pick up in the coming weeks and months. Here is a topic to condense it all. Enjoy!
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#2 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

So long as we get a coaster to replace Rolling Thunder, they have covered a few other areas the past few years and now it's time to give the thrill seekers a brand new roller coaster.  I like Sky Screamer and I know I will like Zumanjaro but roller coasters are always where my heart will be...B&M Wing Rider (wing coaster whichever you prefer) especially after seeing what Heide Park's WR will look like or the rumored B&M 4D.  So there I'm calling it, a "brand new" roller coaster in 2015.  :)

#3 tge98

tge98

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

I doubt you will see it where rolling thunder . Crowds would be redicouosls in that area with Toro, Ka, Zumanjaro and then a new coaster in that area. That area would be a death sentence. 

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm hoping for a new traditional wooden coaster (GCI or Gravity Group) and/or an interactive dark ride.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

I still think its a tad bit too early for a new woodie.  I mean SFGAm may soon have 4, but we do have the #1 rated Wooden Coaster as we speak (granted that may change come voting time).  That's not my excuse, it is just that I do not see it happening for a while.  And for some reason, I feel the park may not reach out to RMC, despite that they helped work on El Toro back in 2006, if they were to go woodie.  I'd say GCI would be more probable than an RMC.  Besides, the influx of looping woodies and I-Boxes are a little excessive, especially in the Six Flags chain (3 Iron Horses, an RMC, plus the rumor of possibly 2 other transformations within the next couple years).  

If we see a coaster, it is pointing towards a B&M Wing Rider, 4D if possible.  The 4D is the only exception for the addition of a B&M.  I hope the park does not jump on the Wing Rider train next year only to fall short a year of the 4D.  Otherwise, I'd love to see Intamin come back with something new or perhaps a Premier or Zierer launcher.  And we can only hope and pray that it would be placed in Movietown and finally Old Country could open again.

If we do not see a coaster, a dark ride is a must.  The Simulator building has been vacant way too long.  It is an eyesore and the park would thrive off of an indoor, air conditioned ride in Boardwalk. 

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#6 njdevl9500

njdevl9500

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Im liking the idea of a new wooden coaster in old country. Get Intamin in there and build a killer wooden racer. How is it a park has two dueling coasters and in 6 years they don't have any? Yeah... A dueling Intamin wooden coaster in Old Country has my vote.

Edited by Kaiser, 29 August 2013 - 09:43 PM.
Removed quote box

#7 jsblumen

jsblumen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

For 2015, Six Flags should put in a coaster where Chiller was and the surrounding area, then reopen old country with a few small flat rides (like what used to be there EX: Spin Meister and Musik Express).  Then bring back all the shows that are no longer around.  There are currently 6 shows and there used to be many more (Including meet and greets and dance parties).  That would be cool to see in 2015!

EpZfYKF.jpg

#8 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm hopping on the GCI bandwagon. It'd be a great replacement for Rolling Thunder, being that big in-between coaster for people who want to make the hop from the family coasters to the big coasters. And as much as I'd love to see something like Lightning Racer, I wouldn't count on it.

Posted Image

#9 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

I'm going to be that cliche person and hop on the Intamin LSM Launch bandwagon. When I was at CP last year, Maverick blew me away ... It was just incredible!! I mean, I can't think of another coaster that would completely round out our coaster collection!

think about it, we have a:

- Stand-up

- Flyer

- An Airtime Machine

- An Inverted

- Strata Launcher

- Sit down Looper

- Wild Mouse

- Indoor Family Coaster

- Outdoor Family Coaster

- An Airtime Woodie

- Old School Arrow

- Kiddie Coaster

Besides a new Family racing coaster and a B&M Wingrider (or 4D of some sort), a multi inversion, airtime, launch coaster is just what GADV needs. Hopefully 2015 brings one of these coaster to Gadv! It would be a huge compliment to our collection

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#10 mtg1995

mtg1995

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I would like to see a new hybrid wooden/steel coaster in replacement of Rolling Thunder.  or an Intamin Giga Coaster.  something unique to Great Adventure. No more B&M Coasters.

#11 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

or an Intamin Giga Coaster. 

Oh please god no, we don't need to open pandora's box with this one again.  I've argued this too much and I'm in no mood to go on a typical Palmer rant that lasts 4-8 paragraphs long.

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#12 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

GIGAAA!!!!! #2010throwback

#13 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

GIGAAA!!!!! #2010throwback

I. will. murder. you.

Slowly

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#14 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

I would like to see a new hybrid wooden/steel coaster in replacement of Rolling Thunder.  or an Intamin Giga Coaster.  something unique to Great Adventure. No more B&M Coasters.

My thoughts.

1. As far as a wooden coaster goes, I'd like to see one built by either GCI or RMC.

2. Please, no Giga coaster from either B&M or Intamin.

I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#15 Nitroisawesome

Nitroisawesome

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I know this wouldnt count as a ride but i would love if they made a coaster memorial site of all the old coasters.    I would love to see a wingrider or a giga. Just do not let Intamin make it!!  

We kind of know it will be a coaster because the last coaster six flags got is green lantern, and thats crap, and also its the 40th anniversary of SFGA!! I was also hoping for a webcam on there website just like Cedar Point has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users