216 replies to this topic

#16 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

I know this wouldnt count as a ride but i would love if they made a coaster memorial site of all the old coasters.    I would love to see a wingrider or a giga. Just do not let Intamin make it!!  

We kind of know it will be a coaster because the last coaster six flags got is green lantern, and thats crap, and also its the 40th anniversary of SFGA!! I was also hoping for a webcam on there website just like Cedar Point has.

I disagree with your last two points (on Giga/Wingrider and GL), but I can agree with you on the coaster memorial.  I think Cedar Fair does a bunch of graveyards for their Halloween events.  Even if it were for just Fright Fest, with tombstones, it would be pretty cool.  I mean, the park does have the stars in Movietown for some of the rides, but a more detailed one, with years of operation, info, etc, that commemorates the coasters of the past would be nice. But that would have to be a throw-in with a new addition(s)

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#17 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Latest rumor posted on Screamscape has Great Adventure possibly getting a RMC wooden coaster similar to the new one they are building in Chicago next year.

#18 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Here it is:

2015 - New Coaster - Rumor - (9/20/13) I’ve heard this rumor on and off ever since Six Flags Great Adventure announced that Rolling Thunder would be removed, but it seems very likely that the park will be tapped to install a new wooden coaster for 2015. Chances are, this could be a similar creation to Goliath from RMC going into the Chicago area park, but I’m not sure if that is the right thing to do. Sure, a crazy RMC is going to get people’s attention as it will thrill you and send you through inversions, but with Rolling Thunder gone, what the park really needs is just a basic classic regular wooden roller coaster experience for the smaller thrill seekers to start with before they try to tackle El Toro. Something like GCI’s great Gold Striker installed at California’s Great America earlier this year would be perfect.

http://www.screamsca...t_adventure.htm

I agree with lance that while a RMC woodie would be sick, I think the park would benefit more from a GCI over on the other side of the park, maybe anchoring an Old Country revamp, along with a few flats.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#19 Nitroisawesome

Nitroisawesome

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I agree I would also like to see a launched coaster like stormrunner at hershey park

#20 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

I agree I would also like to see a launched coaster like stormrunner at hershey park

I wouldn't want to see one like Storm Runner since we already have an Intamin accelerator. I would like to see one like iSpeed or Bluefire.

Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#21 Nitroisawesome

Nitroisawesome

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

I say chance of a roller coaster 90%. The problem in is that we need to wait longer to get a good idea about the new ride. Hoping they do a coaster memorial they had some great rides that they took down (Ex. GASM and Robin And The chiller)

#22 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

A long out-and-back woodie through the woods would be amazing.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#23 Nitroisawesome

Nitroisawesome

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

I know they have so much land and a woodie with intense airtime would be awesome

#24 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

We don't need an airtime woodie.  Better yet, we don't need another airtime coaster to be honest.  Not yet at least.  If we get a woodie, which I believe still is not top priority, it should be a GCI, mainly with plenty of twists and banks.  As Christian said, in the woods would be ideal.  With that being said, we could maybe see the Jersey Devil theme reappear once again.  

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#25 gadvfreak99

gadvfreak99

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

What we need is a Wing-rider coaster but I would be fine with a GCI woodie.

Posted Image

#26 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

I don't think we really need a wing rider, we already have 5 B&Ms. I think an original RMC wooden coaster like the new Goliath at SFGAm or some sort of "unique" coaster (longer Full Throttle?) would be better. The only other B&M I would really want to see at the park at this point is the supposed B&M 4D coaster if that is ever made.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#27 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Wing Riders are not all good as they are hyped up to be... If youre looking for thrills, Wing Riders are more of a peaceful gliding ride.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#28 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

The only wing rider-like coaster that I would want is a 4D. But, that doesn't seem likely as the last thing the park needs is another maintenance nightmare, and X2 may be one of the biggest in history. If B&M made it, them I'm all for it. A B&M 4D can't miss(unless the forcelessness of it can somehow outweigh everything else that makes 4D great) and it would be great to have yet another B&M first. The wing rider, however, seems to be just another B&M.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#29 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

I feel like we need a new coaster that we can call our own. The last coaster that we got to call our own was Toro back in 06. TDK opened not only at GADV, Bizarro was just a transformation, GL was moved from Kentucky Kingdom. Now with that said The park already has a great lineup of coasters and over the last couple years we've been working on our flats with Skyscreamer and Zumanjaro this year. The park could use more flats and some water rides. A dark ride would b nice in the building on the boardwalk (sorry don't know the name of it). But to all of those saying we need a family ride i could agree but in my eyes we need a wooden coaster mostly. With the removal of RT we could use a family/wooden coaster. I would love to to see GCI come in OR how about a coaster that would tribute to Chiller? A dueling coaster with a tribute to Chiller sounds like a good idea to me! But imo further new rides should go on the Batman/Nitro side of the park. Feels a little bare there.  

#30 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

I agree, a redo of Movietown similar to how Adventure Alley was done would be great for 2015! If they could add a new coaster in the Chiller spot with a custom layout made for the park, add a new ride in the old Freefall spot, and spruce up the area it would be perfect!
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users