216 replies to this topic

#31 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

Also to what i said in my last post another great area to put a dark ride could be in the building behind Batman. The ride could have a really cool theme maybe a batman and bane shooter from sally corp?

#32 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

That would be great too, maybe as part of a two year Movietown renovation:

2015 could be a new dark ride, a new ride in the Freefall spot, and more theming for the area.

2016 could be a new coaster and the elimination of the Old Country/Movietown dead end.

I would like to see that happen.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#33 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

Just the only thing I don't see working in that is the ride in Freefalls spot. That would have to be a pretty small ride. Or am I mistaken and there is a decent amount of space back there? 

#34 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Heres an idea we're always pushing for the intamin giga but what if we got a first ever rocky mountain giga?!  Maybe wooden....its no secret rocky mountain has been new managements favorite coaster designer and we have no woodies that need renovating.  We could build a brand new rocky mountain woodie like an outlaw run or goliath but would they really be much different than toro?  So what could we get from SF's favorite designer that would fit in our park....a giga.

Now I don't see this for 2015 I still feel rumors swirling earlier in 2013 to be truthful but down the road 2017 maybe after other parks like SFoG, mm and others get their inevitable RMC creations be it remodels or newbies

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#35 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

That sounds like it would be an epic woodie that would give us the best 1-2 punch of wooden coasters in the country. I would love it!

Also, the curious side of me has to ask: what rumors from earlier in 2013? Can they be told or were they from a survey?

#36 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

I could see a RMC but not a giga. Im sure they could build one but I don't think its very likely. If there gonna go with RMC it should b a tamer ride. Thrilling but tamer then say Outlaw Run. We need a ride to fill in RT's place so a dueling RMC??? I think thats a better chance than a giga. 

#37 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

^the thing is Im not sure you can put rocky mountain and tame in the same sentenc. What makes rocky mountain awesome is the intenseness of their coasters and their ability to oush the envelope with each new creation. I happen to disagree with this notion that rolling thunder was filling some needed void. Ive visited just about every major theme park east of the mountain time zone and imho youd be hard pressed to find another park that has a collection like gadvs for kids up to tweens: rrr, bbltt, tdk, rmt, skully. 5 coasters for the kids up to tweens.... Theres many parks out there that dont even have 5 coasters period. One big one that comes to mind happens to be very family oriented too: bgw

^^I dont publicly speak on rumors where i have some legitimate insight from a credible source. If you see me commenting on a rumor its either completely my opinion or im assuring the person that they are completely on the wrong track.

Like actually believe it or not six flags helped rmc out big time with texas giant and a lot of the calculations were drawn up by an engineering intern at gadv, an engineering intern that i roomed with on my disney college program. He told me in July of 2009 what was going to happen to texas giant and that rocky mountain coasters was going to become huge! At the time I was up in arms that any company would ever think of changing a wooden coaster to steel UP IN ARMS! I support it now cause how can you not after riding it, but as pissed as I was at the idea I still kept my mouth shut heck screamscape didnt evenget the first rumor that it was going to be steel til June 2010 which shocked me I really figured theyd find out soon after i did
Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

^you may be right with not putting RMC and tame in the same sentence but I still think a dueling RMC would still be a perfect fit. Even a Eurofighter would be a great fit. It gives us another big attraction while having the uniqueness that the park doesn't have yet. Imo The next coaster should be a dueling RMC, a Eurofighter or a premier launch coaster. I would love any of these to have some sort of tribute to the chiller. 

#39 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Being someone that doesn't get to visit Great Adventure very often (about once a year), I think what they need most is something with great capacity. Losing RT means not only losing a classic coaster and having only one woodie, but also losing an attraction with (potentially) high capacity. When I have visited on busier days in the summer, most lines for major attractions are an hour or more, and RT helped reduce those lines and give people something to ride with a relatively short wait. This is especially true given the dual tracks. This may not always be the case, as I said I am not a frequent visitor, but it is what I have noticed. My prediction for the next coaster is either a B&M wing coaster or an RMC woodie. Both of these have pretty good capacity. I think something like a Eurofighter would do nothing for the park other than take up space, given the nearby world class coasters. I think these are both good choices, but I would prefer an Intamin Giga, then an RMC woodie. Unfortunately, I don't see an Intamin Giga happening.

#40 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I also don't get to visit very often either but I would think that the 5 B&Ms in the park (especially Bizarro and Nitro) are fine capacity-wise except maybe Superman.  Honestly I don't really want to see a wing coaster since their layouts aren't anything that different from what we already have.  However a RMC woodie or an Intamin giga would be perfect!

#41 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

GCI dueling, RMC giga FTW.  I will sign up for both of those additions in a heartbeat

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

I would like to see a B&M wing coaster or a RMC coaster in the replacement of rolling thunder. or a family coaster in the chillers old spot kinda like firechaser express at dollywood.

#43 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

also a rmc with about 5 inversions would be nice. it could be an amazing, thrilling experience. and probably a rmc's longest coaster considering where rt's station is and how far it went back in the park.

#44 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Did Six flags drop Intamin like Cedar Fair did?

#45 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

^^^ I don't think a family coaster like Firechaser Express is needed as much as a "gateway" thrill coaster is.  The Great White at Morey's Piers was my first "big" coaster, right now the park doesn't really have a ride like that.  That was RT's niche- the "first big coaster" for up-and-coming thrill seekers.  Going from RMT and Skully to the B&Ms is a big jump and RT was that "in between."  A GCI woodie would fit the bill perfectly for this role. 

Also I love the idea of a RMC giga with inversions!  With the RMC's starting to do more and more unique things with each new design, a RMC for our park in the future could be completely bonkers in an awesome way!

^ I think Six Flags is still using Intamin, isn't Zumanjaro an Intamin drop tower?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users