7 replies to this topic

#1 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

In the spirit of fun and imagination, along with a dash of ‘whimsical’ daydreaming, does anybody have a particular preference as for the type and style of our next woodie  (e.g. dueling/racing vs. single track design, hybrid, iron horse vs. topper track vs. traditional track design, etc.).  On the ‘whimsical’ side of things, a clone of the once legendary CYCLONE RACER  would be so cool, but I know it probably won't ever happen.

P.S. Here’s rare footage of the CYCLONE RACER  in action. The sun is setting just below the horizon but there's enough light still to make out the coaster and back ground scenery. The video is also little fuzzy but clear enough to give you an idea of just what this incredible machine was once like. Not quite sure, however, if the screams in the background are screams of joy and bliss or that of ‘pure’ terror.

1955+Cyclone+Racer.jpg

#2 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

This has been talked about often on the forums, but I'd love to see us get a Jersey Devil-themed roller coaster in Old Country, or in the woods surrounding that area. I used to envision it as a GCI woodie similar to Apocalypse, but now that RMCs seem to be the big thing, I think that would work as well. After all, our park no longer has a sit-down roller coaster with inversions. The entrance to the ride could be in Old Country, and the queue could snake far into the woods, similar to the River Rapids over at Kings Island. Creepy, unsettling music would play in the queue line as riders wander farther and farther away from the excitement of the park and into the isolation of the woods. Finally, they'd reach the station and enjoy their airtime-filled ride. 

Btw, this is the type of music I was imagining for the queue/station.

Sidenote, The Conjuring was an excellent throwback horror film and I'd highly recommend it.

Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#3 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Creepy background music would blend in quite nicely with a Jersey Devil-themed roller coaster, especially during Fright Fest. Perhaps the Observatory scenery piece, which loomed over the launch tracks and exit ramp and later transformed into the "Xploratorium", can even be used as the coaster's pre entrance.

#4 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Nothing too extreme. We have Toro for that. I'd love to see a real awesome out and back coaster in the vein of Beast. I'd say GCI would top my list to do it.

Sidenote, The Conjuring was an excellent throwback horror film and I'd highly recommend it.

Rebutal: Conjuring was a mess of cliches and jump scares that didn't know what kind of horror movie it wanted to be. Therefore they threw everything in together and tried to make it work. It didn't work. I want a GOOD scary movie.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#5 Nitroisawesome

Nitroisawesome

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think Six Flags will build a wingrider like gatekeeper. Nj loves wingriders!!

#6 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:38 AM

An episode of “Leave It To Beaver” showing the whole cast on board the CYCLONE RACER will re-air on Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:30am (EST) on MeTV. Originally having aired in February of 1962, it’s one of the funniest episodes ever! The sign in the parking lot says Bellport Amusement Park, but that was a cleverly made-up prop sign. There’s one clip in particular (as they’re seen walking from the parking lot towards the coaster) that shows a rare clip of one of the trains doing a most unusual maneuver. As the train exits one of the "high speed" swoop curves on its dive down, about half way down or so, it unexpectedly and abruptly tilts to the left. This "shifting" or tilting action is like a blur, occurring very fast, so you have to pay close attention to catch it. “Ah man, it’s in orbit”, says one of Wally’s friends. It was a surprise “trick” maneuver designed to catch people off guard. To the best of my knowledge, it’s never been duplicated on any other woodie, past or present.

#7 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

^how bout in step by step where they use footage of magic mountain and replace magic mountain's entire parking lot pretty poorly with a cgi ocean

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=d_yA2sdbLOQ
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#8 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

I remember that sitcom, JJ2K. It aired for seven seasons in the early-to-mid 90's, originally running on ABC as part of its TGIF Friday night lineup and later ending up on CBS. Seeing the coaster footage, Tidal Wave in action (with its large, drenching splash pool at the end) and all the games and everything brings summer fun to mind.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users