3 replies to this topic

#1 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

Report: I meant to write my TR a week ago, but I never was able to get around to it until now. Since the it was the very first weekend of Fright Fest this year, as well as the weekend with a "Bring a Friend Free" offer in the Season Pass coupon book, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to visit the park. My mother and I arrived about half an hour before the park opened and were able to enter the park slightly early thanks to my season pass. Surprisingly, the non-pass visitors were forced to crowd up in front of the metal detectors before 10:30 instead of letting people into the park early but closing off the different section like usual. Anyway, we haven't been on the Safari Off-Road Adventure at all yet, so we made sure to get there first, especially after seeing the crowds it got from our previous visit. I really loved what they did with the conversion and it was very entertaining to see the animals again (especially during Fright Fest, which is a first). It was very good, but definitely not worth the 3+ hour lines that it's said to have.

After the Safari, we decided to head over to Bizarro, which was completely barren compared to the Safari line once we got off from there. I was able to snag 3 consecutive rides while my mother unfortunately couldn't survive more than one. We saw that the Runaway Train had a relatively long wait, so we went on the Skyway which barely had a line at all. By about half past noon, the crowds really started to swarm in, so we decided to eat lunch outside of the park. By the time I came back, practically every time had longer lines than I would've expected (although I was able to get a ride on the Parachutes with a <10 minute wait). I went by Rolling Thunder to see if anything had happened yet, but it looks like that it hasn't been touched at all since it was closed, so maybe they'll start demolishing it later on after Fright Fest is over. Unfortunately, I had to leave the park around 3:00 because I remembered that I had some school-related stuff to do back home (I live about 2.5 hours away from the park BTW). I wasn't able to stick around for the nighttime festivities, but I still was able to enjoy myself overall. Hopefully I'll have better luck next year....

Ridecount: Safari Off-Road Adventure 1x

Bizarro 3x

Skyway 1x

Parachutes 1x

Overall: 4 out of 6 flags.

I'll be posting the pictures shortly...

#2 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Photos:  (warning: most of these photos are Safari pics)

y70t.jpg
I found out that there was a fun run on the day we went. We even saw a few participating zombies walking through the park casually.

rj2i.JPG

0mn6.jpg
Can't wait for this! If only they didn't have to waste a classic coaster to make it happen...

824l.jpg

mgwl.jpg

2nkl.jpg

ctv.JPG

30y9.jpg

iiq9.jpg

c1jm.jpg

4fvo.jpg

6h27.jpg

y0op.jpg

4al2.jpg

r307.jpg

uoxi.jpg

qhhp.jpg

7lpb.jpg
I didn't know that Flyin' Phil set up shop INSIDE the park!

knyw.jpg

j9xr.jpg

tjqb.jpg

qq4e.jpg

u5um.jpg

otus.jpg

kgf9.jpg

jma.JPG

4ye8.jpg

c7dq.jpg

x4au.jpg

qd8p.jpg

y3bg.jpg

mb17.JPG

2s7z.jpg

nvdg.jpg

wz7s.jpg

2s7z.jpg

o8ru.jpg

tp1m.jpg

jbsi.jpg

ia2z.jpg

liq0.jpg

t7ha.jpg

is7d.jpg

j3db.jpg

xnsu.jpg

9lqc.jpg

70h3.jpg

u9mt.jpg
I'm actually curious to see how they'll get around that one area of El Toro that goes into RT while it's being dismantled.

jqv9.jpg
The Kool Aid fountain looks more like a wine fountain from above, doesn't it?

b4rm.jpg
I caught the sea lions getting ready for a show.

c6ct.jpg
We saw this car drive in after we came back from lunch. Later on, we saw it set up shop in front of the entrance next to a booth that was selling coffee.

44p5.jpg

ehz1.jpg
This cool wedding cake was on display at the Cybercafe window. (Sorry about the reflection)

adm.JPG
Now, it's time to pay my respects.
2rsf.jpg
This will probably be my wallpaper for the next few months. Farewell, twins...

Thanks for reading!

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Nice report and pictures. It sounds like even though it was crowded, by getting there early at least you were able to get some rides in.

Also, unfortunately I had to remove the pictures taken from the Parachutes from the report since the only rides that cameras are allowed on are the Big Wheel, Skyway, Carousel and the Safari https://www.sixflags...rkpolicies.aspx

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

^Oops, for some reason I thought that the camera rule also applied to the Parachutes, but I guess not. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users