10/4/13

4 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

No pictures today since I did Photo Trip Reports the last 3 Friday nights and there are only so many pictures you can take without repeating the same type of pictures.

I got to the park at around 5:00 and there were only 4 metal detector lines open which caused very long lines. About 10 minutes later they opened up 2 more and people ran to them like something was being given out for free. I ended up walking into the park at 5:25.

Batman was first, and after getting the front row I moved to row 4 for a re-ride. The forcefulness of Batman really got to me today and I had a headache after the 2nd ride. What better way to get rid of a headache than to go to Nitro. I waited 3 trains for the front and then moved to different rows for 3 more rides. The 4th ride in the last row was horrible with it rattling the entire ride.

I took the Skyway over to Frontier Adventures and saw Bizarro was stuck on the lift. It was stuck because someone took out a camera and they stopped the ride. I waited 2 trains for the front row and moved to row 7 for a re-ride.

Runaway Mine Train was next with a 1 train wait and I walked around for another ride. Kingda Ka was broken down and there was a small line outside the entrance. I ended up waiting around 20 minutes and then around 10 minutes once they let us in the station. It took 10 minutes in the station because there was a rollback with 2 ride ops in the front row and no one else and then I waited 3 trains for the front row. I walked around for 2 more rides waiting around 10 minutes each time.

Green Lantern had around a 15 minute wait and in the station, there was no extra wait for the front row. Superman was closed.

Blackbeard's is back to giving 1 lap per cycle. Skull Mountain had a mostly empty station. One group of riders had their phones out and had to be told 3 times to put the phones away. After the train dispatched and got to the lift hill, they took their phones out again and had them out the entire ride. It really annoys me how people disregard the rules. It's bad enough if someone didn't realize you can't take the phone out on the ride but after being told multiple times they aren't allowed to and still do it anyway makes it worse. I went to the last row for a re-ride.

Nitro's line was where the snack stand used to be and was a little over 10 minutes. After that I went to The Dark Knight where I missed most of the pre-show and got my 100th ride. I was also able to get a re-ride and went back to Batman going to the last row with no wait.

It was 10:54 when I exited Batman and went back to Nitro getting line line at 10:56. I was glad I got back in line before they closed off the line for the night since I have seen lines close a few minutes before closing time many times since becoming a passholder even if there is no line or a short line. The line was just past the 30 minute sign and was around 10 minutes. After the train got back to the station, there were people waiting for a few rows so anyone that could find an empty seat was also allowed to re-ride for the final train of the night. I didn't exit the ride area until almost 20 minutes past closing.

It was another great trip to the park. It was slightly more crowded than the past few weeks but still very low crowds.

Ride Count:

Nitro, 7x

Batman, 3x

The Dark Knight, 2x

Skull Mountain, 2x

Skyway, 1x

Blackbeard's, 1x

Green Lantern, 1x

Kingda Ka, 3x

Runaway Mine Train, 2x

Bizarro, 2x

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Haha, what's up with people taking their cell phones out on Skull Mountain? That happened last time I was at the park and the girl was clearly trying to take video. I mean, I can see trying whip out a cell phone to take video on Bizarro, but Skull Mountain?

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I've seen people take out phones at Skull Mountain before too. I think on every coaster I have seen it happen at least once, even Blackbeard's where the guy forced his kid on the ride, then took out the camera and even after the ride ops told him to put the camera away he took it out. They stopped the ride after 1 lap and made him exit the ride. I wanted to see him kicked out of the park.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Chinskins

Chinskins

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hey Yoshi!  I noticed that in your trip reports, you never seem to go on El Toro!  When I go to the park, that's always the ride I try to go on first, to get a few in before the crowds come.  I was just wondering why you never seem to ride it? Personal preference? Other?

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm not able to ride it

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users