3 replies to this topic

#1 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I headed down to Six Flags on Friday, October 18th for my third trip of the year. I arrived at the park at around 5:45pm. Last time, I headed to El Toro first only to find it broken down, so this time I headed to Kingda Ka first...only to find it broken down! Welp, El Toro it is! The coaster had a station wait and I took a last car, front row seat. 

Next, I headed for Bizarro which, like El Toro, had a station wait. Actually, even better, it was a one train wait. While the train ascended, a nearly full moon was seemingly perched at the top of the lift. In a similar vein, after exiting Bizarro, I overheard a couple of teens trying to figure out what the bright star was in the southwest sky. They guessed it was either "the north star" or a UFO (fyi it's Venus.) I hopped on Runaway Mine Train afterwards, which basically had a one train wait. I got into the green train, aka the one with the particularly ugly wraps.

At this point, I took the Sky Way instead of plodding to the other side of the park. Once exiting, I got in line for Skull Mountain, which was a crowded station wait. I ended up in the second to last car and was eventually joined by a girl whose family sneaked into the FastPass car. Unfortunately she slowly pushed the lapbar down to "nervous rider" angle as the train made its ascent.

Nitro was my next stop which had a wait extending just beyond the stairway. I took third to last row, simply because it had the shortest line. The ride was a lot smoother than the last time I went on, leading me to believe that the vibration is limited to a certain train and/or row. Once I exited, I headed towards Dark Knight only to see that the doors had just closed. There were also masses of people leaving Dead Man's Party and going directly to Batman, which now had a garden wait (shudder.) Instead, I just kept walking towards Showcase Theater for no reason other than to walk into an area that's typically closed.

I started making my way towards the other side of the park again. On the way, I hopped on Deja Vu. It was getting pretty chilly out now. I saw some kids walking around in shorts and a t-shirt later on; they're effin crazy. I then got on Swashbuckler, which was running a nearly full load. While heading towards Straw Man Stalkers, I saw that Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train was about to unload and decided to get in line. I hadn't been on Blackbeards in ages, mostly because I feel kind of silly on it seeing as it's closer to a kiddie coaster than a family one. I sat near the back, who knows what car as there's like 20 of them. The train did two circuits.

I walked through the aforementioned terror trail on my way to the other side of the park.  I eventually jumped on the Teacups. Seems like the satellites spin up fast before the main turntable kicks in now, which meant that spinning the cup in the direction of the satellite was particularly forceful. I stopped to watch Doc Swan's Sideshow which featured him eating fire, escaping from a straitjacket, and swinging around a fake hand that was attached to his eyelids via fishhooks.

I thought about heading to Kingda Ka, but knew it would have a line that I didn't feel like waiting in. After wandering around a bit, I did something that I haven't done in probably 10 years, I rode Buccaneer. I can take spinning and flipping rides no problem, but swinging ships are my Achilles heel. Buccaneer runs for like a minute tops, so I took the risk. Since both ends were taken, I took a second to last seat. Good thing is that I didn't really get nauseous, although another minute would have gotten to me.

I walked over to Dead Man's Party and watched for a bit. I guess there's two shows they do as this one had more dance inspired songs instead of the usual campy songs. Batman still had a wait nearing the gardens which meant that it just wasn't worth it. Plus, that stairway always has this light bouquet of BO when full, and that's just no fun. I did another go on Skull Mountain instead, this time getting a back seat as well as being able to leave the bar at "coaster enthusiast" position.

It was after 10 now so I started heading to Boardwalk to get on Green Lantern before calling it a night. On the way, I stopped to watch a band called Stitches who were playing to a crowd of 20 or so people. They were kind of a mashup of different metal and hardcore punk genres. The vocalist danced, shuffled and swung his mic around like he took cues from At the Drive-In or something.

I eventually got in line for Green Lantern which was just a single switchback long and about 15 minutes total. Since I had my hood up, I decided to leave my glasses on. Yeah, I'm never doing that again as they danced around on every little change of direction. While going up the lift, I saw that Superman had no line (!!!) so I took the opportunity to ride it. It felt pretty nice flying through the now sub 50 degree air. I exited the ride as it turned 11pm and then speed walked out of the park to get ahead of the throngs of people heading for the exit.

What can I say? Pretty good night at the park!

Here's some photos. I took video as well, but I think I'll save it until I get another round of video next Friday before editing something together.

F6YwdPc.jpg

xMnkJrw.jpg

lBhcBPf.jpg

FPumMp0.jpg

mM6mMfV.jpg

MmEIh6K.jpg

3zRWDHT.jpg

UMEuHrc.jpg

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Nice report and pictures, it sounds like it was a little crowded but not too bad.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Nice report and pictures, it sounds like it was a little crowded but not too bad.

Thanks! Yep, it wasn't bad at all. Quite a bit better than this past Friday...and warmer too. Haha

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#4 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Awesome report! Thanks for riding Bizarro!

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users