10/25/13

2 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

No photos for this report since I had my gloves on almost the entire time I was at the park and only took my phone out of my jacket pocket to check the time.

I knew that the park was going to be more crowded than the 1st 4 Friday Night Fright Fest operating days I went to since with a few exceptions, there were little to no lines during those 4 trips.

I got to the metal detector lines at around 5:10 and it took around 15 minutes to get through that line. Unfortunately there was a lot of line cutting and when they opened up more metal detector lines, people who just got there ran ahead and I got into the park just before they opened the gates for the non Premium Passholders.

I went to Batman first and there was no one around even after I got into the station so not only was I the first rider of the day at Batman, I also got my first solo ride at the coaster. I want to eventually get solo rides on all the coasters in the park (except Kingda Ka since I know they won't launch a train with just 1 person riding) and I can add Batman to Skull Mountain, Scream Machine and Bizarro for the other coasters I have gotten solo rides at.

I could have stayed for a re-ride but wanted to get some other coasters in before crowds got bad. Nitro had still not opened and the person at the entrance didn't know when it would open so rather than stand around and wait I took the Skyway with no wait and went to Bizarro. The station was empty except for 2 people waiting for the 2nd row so I went to the first row and then moved to the 7th row for a re-ride. The season pass processing line near the arcade had a long line so I decided to wait until later to process my pass.

I wanted to ride Kingda Ka since it may not be open until May next year if Zumanjaro interferes with the coaster being open at the beginning of next year. The line was just past the merge point and was a little over 10 minutes. While waiting in the station before you get to the area to choose a row, someone behind me asked if this was the front row line. I said no and at the end of this line you get to pick a row. He heard that and cut the entire station line and went into the front row line.

Green Lantern's line was a little past the single rider line entrance and took around 20 minutes. Dispatches were very fast with barely any stacking. Since the front row had no extra wait I went there. It would have been nice to see the single rider line open since it would have made the ride a 5 minute wait and by the time I exited the ride, the line was almost to the 60 minute sign.

Superman looked to have around a 30 minute line and I didn't want to take the time to wait in line also since it would be too late to use the dining pass if I waited. I also saw the season pass processing in the Boardwalk also had a long line.

After going to The Great Character Cafe I went to Deja Vu since it had no wait when I walked by the ride and then went to Nitro which was now open. The line was almost to the entrance but no switchbacks were being used. The line almost never stopped moving and when I got closer to the front of the line I decided to time how fast they were dispatching the trains because I couldn't believe how fast the dispatches were. It was averaging around 70 seconds which was really nice to see. When I got to the station I saw the ride ops were literally running to check each row of restraints.

Skull Mountain had a station wait and I went for the last row. Blackbeard's had no line and I also went to the last row there and walked around for another ride.

Runaway Mine Train was a station wait and I got 2 rides there and then went back to the Boardwalk to process my pass. The line was shorter than earlier but moved very slowly. It took around 40 minutes and at least now I don't have to wait in line next year to process the pass.

I went back to Nitro and waited around 25 minutes and finished the trip and season at Batman which was a 2 train wait for the last row.

Even though it was more crowded than previous Friday nights, it was still a good trip and a great way to end the coaster season. When I got in the car, I saw it was 36 degrees out. Although it was cold on the coasters, there was no way I wasn't going to go to the park because of it.

Ride Count:

Batman, 2x

Skyway, 1x

Bizarro, 2x

Kingda Ka, 1x

Green Lantern, 1x

Deja Vu, 1x

Nitro, 2x

Skull Mountain, 1x

Blackbeard's, 2x

Runaway Mine Train, 2x

Final 2013 Season Ride Count (24 trips to the park):

Nitro - 71

Batman - 15

Superman - 10

Bizarro - 29

Kingda Ka - 38

Skull Mountain - 45

Rolling Thunder Right - 5

Rolling Thunder Left - 12

Runaway Mine Train - 40

The Dark Knight - 28

Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train - 17

Green Lantern – 30

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Awesome report Yoshi! Thanks for riding Bizarro! I was a pleasure seeing you this season! I'm glad you got 29 rides on Bizarro this season! That's awesome! Hope to see you next season!

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thanks

It was nice to see you this season also. I'm hoping to get more than 29 rides on Bizarro next year.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users