Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

Since the boards have been quiet lately, here is a poll.

What is your favorite coaster with inversions at Great Adventure and why?

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Really tough choice between Batman and Bizarro. Bizarro is just an all around great coaster that I can (and have) reride over and over. On the other hand, Batman is one of the most intense coasters I've been on but I can really only ride it 3 or 4 times before I'm just too dizzy to keep riding. Tough call, but I'd have to give it to Bizarro.

If Chiller was still here, that'd get my vote ;)

Posted Image

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I was deciding between those 2 coasters as well. I went with Batman since I really like B&M inverts and also like how the ride has 2 vertical loops even though like you said it is very intense and it is difficult to ride the coaster more than a few times in a row.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:45 AM

Bizarro, no question. The only other looper in the park that comes close is Batman. Green Lantern hurts my legs after a while, and Superman is boring. Great Adventure needs more diversity in its loops. We have four loopers and they're all B&M. We need something like Bluefire or Maverick. Even a Eurofighter would be cool.

Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#5 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

I voted Bizarro mainly because i feel it is so much smoother than batman. Although Batman may have gotten new trains which are tremendously smoother, I have always loved Bizarro. Third place for me would be Green Lantern. It doesnt bother my legs as much but does have a lot of head bumping. And as NitroKaMedusa said, Superman is boring except for the pretzel loop.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#6 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Batman is a coaster I can just ride over and over and over, and still have a ball. Bizarro, while fun, isn't that type of coaster. So until something changes or another coaster with inversions is added, Batman is the best in the park
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

2014 SKYWAY Team Member- "Welcome to the Skyway, where you will traverse along many acres of beautiful land!"

2015 EL DIABLO Unit Supervisor- "The flames of the river shall soon come upon you here with El Diablo"

2016 Safari Off-Road Adventure/The JOKER Unit Supervisor- "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

#7 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

I voted for Bizarro because it is awesome. The awesomeness of that ride is incomparable to any other coaster with inversions at GADV. Also because they have a really awesome operator their named Kevin.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#8 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Easily the Green Lantern. I can walk through most of the layout. It has my favorite B&M element: the dive loop and it's an elaborate tribute to Shockwave. Chang was my main draw to SFKK years ago. I rode Chang in 2003 & 2009 and it's true that if you ride it only once after a long break from the ride it will box your ears. The more you ride it during the season the more conditioned you get to the coaster and the smoother the cycles you'll get. I got many old restraints cycles on CHILLER the first year it opened so Green Lantern is not bad. I finally got the Intamin Shockwave clone Le Cobra and all the B&M standups in North America. Riddler's Revenge used to be my #1 standup with Chang as a #2. Since the Green Lantern is now local to me I bumped it up as my new favorite stand up roller coaster. I am still a big fan of Bizarro. It's not far off as my second favorite inverting coaster in the park.

If we got another looper I would like another Premier launcher or a Mack. I am sour on Intamin now and a good friend of mine does not have a good opinion of Gerstlauer.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#9 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

This is a really easy choice for me Bizarro, Bizarro and Bizarro.  

Green lantern is a stand up need I say more?  Okay I will there hasn't been a new stand up built in 15 years...yes 15 years!  Theres a reason for that, they were a fad and are just not comfortable.

SUF is a compact cloned flyer....maybe if we got the originally planned custom model with creek flyover that Jackson township denied it might beat bizarro but not this. Lets not forget its low capacity problems

Look Batman its cool and all that it was the first designed inverted but first designs are usually improved upon and inverts have been vastly improved past the BTR model.  The BTR model is compact and a bit fast pulling into the brakes...I always see stars and feel a little sick.  

Bizarro even though it was a first model is amazing, B&M got this first model right and really there arent very many non-compact floorlesses out there which makes it still unique.  The zero g roll of bizarro was my favorite inversion for a long time and is still one of my top 4 only behind Iron rattler's zero g, Maverick's zero g and Hydra's jojo roll

Bizarro all the way its not even close

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#10 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Either Batman or Bizarro for me. I think Bizarro might edge out Batman a bit because it's less intense and in effect more re-ridable. That being said, Batman is way fun because of its intensity. The ride is a rush with pretty much no breathing room between elements. So, like I said, Bizarro edges Batman out, but they're still both a bit better than Green Lantern, and scores better than Superman: Ultimate Wait.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#11 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Interesting results so far, I was expecting to see Batman and Bizarro with around 50% of the votes each with Green Lantern and Superman maybe getting 1 or 2 votes each but right now it's clear Bizarro is the favorite with most people.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#12 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

Get the hint SF corporate.....if your eyeing gadv for ride rotation take the one with 0 votes right now ;)  I mean personlly I'd want green lantern to go but I know thats not realistic since it hasn't even been 5 years its here

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

If there had to be a major coaster removed, Superman would be my choice but after losing Scream Machine and Rolling Thunder in 3 years, I hope that they would take a coaster from another park for the next ride rotation rather than anything else from Great Adventure.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#14 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I honestly think we have nothing to worry about; with Hershey....HERSHEY!  About to eclipse us on the coaster count I think even corporate will realize we can't lose anymore of our coasters.  I'm wondering if hershey will be marketing this. They'd kinda be dumb not to but imagine that line "now with more coasters than Six Flags Great Adventure".  Remember the case of Mcdonalds vs. Burger King when Burger King used Mcdonalds name in their advertising saying they had more beef in their burgers.  Judge ruled as long as you don't say something that isn't true they can do it....in fact you see it now with Verizon and their coverage maps.  Its not copywrite infringement

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Both parks will have 12 coasters now, unless they count Lightning Racer as 2 coasters. It could be like how Dorney has advertised 22 water slides the past few years by counting all 6 lanes as Aqua Racer as 6 separate slides.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users