Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

My bad I screwed that up

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#17 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Get the hint SF corporate.....if your eyeing gadv for ride rotation take the one with 0 votes right now ;)  I mean personlly I'd want green lantern to go but I know thats not realistic since it hasn't even been 5 years its here

i dont want superman to go! its a good coaster. just because it didnt get any votes on a website doesnt mean it should leave!

#18 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

I don't think the park is removing any coasters for the time being, since RT was just removed and they seem to be trying to remove less rides each off-season now.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#19 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

^coasterkid I was saying IF theyre eyeing a coaster for coaster rotation. I want to say the park is done removing coasters....hopefully...especially since hershey now ties us in coasters
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

superman may be a clone, but it is a really fun ride at the park

#21 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:39 AM

I necer said it wasnt and I dont want it to go anywhere. My point is that if SF corporate tells gadv they need to give a coaster up to the coaster rotation program we all know we only have 2 roller coasters that are rotation worthy: bizarro and superman. Why none of the others? Runaway train, bbltt, and rrr arent worth rotating to another park not to mention runaway train isnt going anywhere as our first coaster. Btr almost every park has one and if they dont they have a b&m invert like sfft with goliath. Skully isnt worth it because you can't transfer rockwork and buildings so if they did rotate it, it would be as an outdoor coaster and thats just not profitable for sf. Nitro, first off NO WAY but second it covers far too much land to be able to find a place at another park where it will fit. Kingda ka would cost enormous amounts of money to rebuild. El toro isnt possible to rotate cause its wood and its the last coaster id like to see leave anyway. Tdk same reason as skully it could only be rotated as an outdoor coaster and that just isnt worth the effort. Green lantern unfortunately hasnt been at the park long enough.

So that leaves only suf and bizarro as the only possibilites for the ride rotation program. Now I hope SF never asks for a coaster from us but they have already taken a coaster from the 3 other "big 4" parks in the chain: gam, mm and over texas. They have all given up a coaster to ride rotation so it is unfortunately likely at some point they will take a coaster from us and its going to be one of those two. Now IF thats the choice suf or bizarro I choose suf to go everyday of the week.

Thats not me saying it should go, thats not me sayin its a bad coaster or that it sucks that its a clone thats just me saying hey if you jave to choose a coaster to go please pick suf and not bizarro. I wont be losing any sleep over suf leaving us, it would be upsetting that were losing another coaster but im certain we would be getting an awesome coaster in return which i can live with. But if bizarro went Id be up in arms
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Those are great points. I would imagine after losing RT SF is going to hold off on removing anything for a good while, that is unless it is just to clear space for a new coaster. Also, if they are planning to give Great Adventure a new coaster in the spot of Superman or Bizarro, it would limit the size of the coaster, especially in Superman's spot. Not many large scale coasters could fit there, unless they extend FURTHER into the parking lot. Bizarro's spot is larger, but unless they want to remove more trees, it is still relatively compact, especially if it is a wooden coaster. A wing coaster would fit well in that area though.

#23 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

I don't think SF is going to remove anything for a while after RT's removal.  Removing RT opened up a lot of cleared space to add a new coaster without removing anything.  They should add something there first, IMO it's about time they add a coaster without removing one (the last time a coaster was added without a removal was Kingda Ka!).

My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#24 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

^I agree but ride rotation has nothing to do with clearing space gor a new coaster its more of "hey you guys have some really awesome coasters let us take one that isnt your main draw and bring it to another park where it will be the star coaster there"
Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

^ Or, for my home park (SFA), it is more "Hey, Great America, give up your least popular, worst rides, and plop 'em down at SFA." But in all seriousness, I don't want Great Adventure to try to squeeze a new coaster in the rather thin area between Kingda Ka and El Toro. I'd rather them put a nice, full size coaster in Old Country and focus on that area in 2015/16.

#26 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

ride rotation is so stupid to be honest. and yea like RC98 said, they probably arent taking a coaster out for awhile since rolling thunder

#27 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

I agree ride rotation isn't good now. It made sense in the 80s and early 90s especially with many "gimmicky" rides like Ultra Twister or Sarajevo Bobsleds where the novelty of the ride might wear off faster than a major ride like Scream Machine but now with so many parks in the chain adding rides from B&M, Intamin and Premier in the last 15 years (and even before that), it seems like it isn't as neccessary to rotate the rides.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#28 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

and superman is way to popular in the park with the long lines and everything.  so this would make the park keep the coaster. and if were gonna talk about coasters leaving the dark knight should be the first to go. i dont think ANYONE likes that coaster.

#29 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I Personally love the Dark Knight ;) Just as a fun coaster to ride. It may not be the best, but its enjoyable. I once went 26 times in a row on the ride, and enjoyed every minute of it, especially when they turned the lights on.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#30 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

and superman is way to popular in the park with the long lines and everything.  so this would make the park keep the coaster. and if were gonna talk about coasters leaving the dark knight should be the first to go. i dont think ANYONE likes that coaster.

Superman's lines get inflated a lot due to it's terrible capacity. It's still somewhat popular, but don't let those lines fool you. It's nowhere near Nitro, Toro or Ka in terms of popularity.

And TDK has had its ridership increase more and more each year. They've put a good deal of money into it(even fixing all it's broken effects this past year) and it's only gonna be 6 this year. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

2014 SKYWAY Team Member- "Welcome to the Skyway, where you will traverse along many acres of beautiful land!"

2015 EL DIABLO Unit Supervisor- "The flames of the river shall soon come upon you here with El Diablo"

2016 Safari Off-Road Adventure/The JOKER Unit Supervisor- "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users