Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

Favorite Coaster With Inversions At Great Adventure

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Yeah the capacity isn't that great since it takes so long to check restraints with only 2 people. At 2 1/2 minutes per dispatch with 28 riders per train (figuring 4 empty seats per train on average) that is only 672 riders an hour. Nitro can get 1280 riders an hour with a dispatch every 90 seconds and 32 riders per train (again with the 4 empty seats per train on average).

I Personally love the Dark Knight ;) Just as a fun coaster to ride. It may not be the best, but its enjoyable. I once went 26 times in a row on the ride, and enjoyed every minute of it, especially when they turned the lights on.

That's a lot of rides at once. The most I have been able to get is 3 times in a row since usually the next preshow lets out after 3 rides.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#32 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Tdk is great for what it was meant to be. Sorry to everyone whos been around awhile i know Ive highlighted the reasons for tdk's supposed failure many times but im gonna do it again for the newbs.

The "failure" of tdk had nothing to do with the ride and everything to do with marketing:

Marketing marketed the coaster as the next big coaster knowing that:
1. It was indoors so no one could actually see what they were getting on til they got onto the train
2. It was built on the heels of ka and el toro
3. It was themed to one of the darkest most adult-geared superhero movie of all time

That made the expectation of the guests be OMG this thing is going to be this insanely great thrill coaster. That was never the intention from the start. The intention was to build a nice new family coaster that everyone 5 - 90 could enjoy
Because the last family coaster had been over a decade before with skully Instead because of marketing, marketing the ride as the next big coaster in spite of all I pointed out they made the gp expect an awesome thrill coaster and they scared away their target audience of those family groups with young - tween kids. Slowly the gp came to understand what it was but it took a long time and a lot of complaints from the expectation that SF marketing set to get there.

That said as I pointed out before tdk is not a viable option for ride rotation because its an indoor coaster. It could really knly be transported as an outdoor coaster which isn't worth SF's efforts. It also hasn't been at the oark quite long enough either.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#33 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

I Personally love the Dark Knight ;) Just as a fun coaster to ride. It may not be the best, but its enjoyable. I once went 26 times in a row on the ride, and enjoyed every minute of it, especially when they turned the lights on.

That's a lot of rides at once. The most I have been able to get is 3 times in a row since usually the next preshow lets out after 3 rides.

The park was dead that day and since it was open till 11, we spent the last forty five minutes at TDK XD
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users