Its back best coaster game

16 replies to this topic

#1 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

Well due to issues last year we just couldn't get the game going but did you really think I'd miss getting it up this year?  C'mon now!  The best coaster game is back this year and as I announced last year I'm going to speed up the game a bit with two rounds per week.  With the 8th round "super round" still staying as a 3 coaster pick to bring everyones park to 10 coasters.  If your unfamiliar with the draft its really a very easy thing to get but theres a lot to explain its easier to participate and learn as you go along but its a lot of fun and I really encourage you to participate. If you are interested in reading more about it you can go here to 2012's version of the draft.

Sign ups will continue until Monday February 3rd.  Late sign ups will then be accepted until Saturday February 8th.  Rounds 1 & 2 order will be posted on Tuesday February 4th; what late sign ups means is that if you sign up after February 3rd then you will be placed at the bottom of the order for both round 1 & 2. Rounds 3-8 orders will be posted on Monday February 9th so everyone will know their order for the whole game.

Round 1 will start on Friday February 7th and continue into Saturday the 8th.  Since I have more time to work with on a Saturday odd numbered rounds will only be two days Friday and Saturday while even numbered days will be three days Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (since I only have about 5-10 to work with on those days).  Sundays and Thursdays will be the days for make up picks, trading and the days I update everyone's parks and the list of chosen coasters.  This will mean Round 8 (the final round) will take place the first week of March 2nd, 3rd & 4th.  Free Agency will then take place that Friday and Saturday.  With the "march madness" voting style I introduced 2 years ago starting the week after.

If you are interested in playing and I really encourage it, it will be a lot of fun please post below or PM me to sign up.  If you'd like please include an email and I will remind you of the game's start once we get closer.

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#2 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Count me in! :D

Posted Image

#3 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

How could I not? I'm in!

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#4 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

I'm in.  Looking to claim the championship again!

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#5 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hey guys, I'll be helping Jim this year with the coaster draft this year. It's going to be a great draft this year, and I can't wait to see this year's field, especially with a ton of new members since the last time. Any questions or comments can be sent to either or both of us via PM.

Thank you!
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#6 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

I'm one of those new members and I'm in! :)
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#7 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

FAVORITE GAME EVER!!! I'M IN!

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#8 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

I'm a new member, I'll join in and learn as I go along!

#9 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

^Welcome Password121! If you have any questions about how this works, feel free to send me or JJ2K a PM, we'll be happy to help!
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#10 GeorgeRRMartin

GeorgeRRMartin

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Oh boy! This game seems like the perfect way to pass time until the dragons arrive!(They're on their way, trust me!)I'm in!

#11 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Look for round 1 & 2 order to be posted later on tonight

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

Game postponed will start monday if you'd like to still sign up you can thru tomorrow.  Round 1 &2 order will be posted saturday....for sure this time lol.  Sorry for the delay everyone

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Where has the order been posted? I can't seem to find it?
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#14 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Its my bad, been a little busy lately.  The setup takes a pretty minute with all the threads and rules I need to type up.  This game IS happening no worries.  Because we only have 10 people I can do rounds in one day as opposed to needing 2-3 days.  I promise the order and everything will be up later today and I will email all of you to confirm.  Round 1 will be wednesday

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

OK everyone I apologize for the delay but I have your orders.  The rounds will take place in single days since we only have 9 participants this year and we can do it in one day.  Tomorrow I will be putting up a board just for the coasterdraft so look for it down below the forums....I will post a link to it in here once I have it finished.  Inside will be all the necessary threads just like the 2012 draft which I linked to above.

New participants here is the jist of what you need to know; each round you will pick one coaster to be in your "park".  You can not choose a coaster that anyone else has taken and the coaster must have been operational in the year 2013 so new coasters for 2014 and any defunct coasters do not count.  You may not also select a clone that bares the same name for instance if someone take batman: the ride at gadv you may not take batman: the ride at sfmm and the same goes for suf, tdk and any other clones with the same names.  In the end your "park" will have 10 coasters (3 coasters are chosen in one pick at round 8).  Of your 10 coasters you must have at least 2 wooden coasters and a family coaster or your "park" is disqualified.  To verify that a coaster is a "family" coaster it must either 1. be listed as a family or kiddie coaser on rcdb.com OR 2. approved by me to be a family coaster.  Be aware rcdb.com is a HUGE help for this game.  The list you see below means that your time to pick your coaster for that round is at the time listed for your name.  However, note that you may select your coaster as soon as the person before you picks you do not need to wait until your start time if they have picked already, your start time is only there in case the person before you misses their timeslot.

EX. for round 1 if SFNEkid13 makes his pick at 6pm, Nitrokamedusamachine can now make his pick he does not have to wait until his 6:20p      start time.  But also if SFNEkid13 does not make his pick by 6:19p Nitrokamedusamachine can now make his pick at 6:20p he does not have    to wait for SFNEkid because SFNEkid has missed his turn

If you happen to miss your timeslot no worries you can still pick a coaster anytime AFTER  the round is over you may not select while the round is still going. Make up picks can be made from the end of the round up until 2 hours before the start of the next round.  

EX. If SFNEkid does not make his pick by 6:19 then he can not now come on at 6:30and make his pick he must wait until the round is over to     select his coaster

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask

EVERYONE:

Going along with what I said last year the winning park from the last game will automatically go into free agency which means those coasters may NOT be chosen until free agency round (free agency round is after round 8).  I have also decided to add the #1 steel and wood coasters from mitch hawkers poll to free agency as well so here is the free agency list as of right now (the only way coasters will be added to this list after now is if someone participating leaves the game then their coasters will be added to free agency):

Free agency coasters (can not choose)

T Express @ Everland
 Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce
 Tatsu @ Six Flags Magic Mountain
Cheetah Hunt @ Busch Gardens Tampa

Griffon @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Apollo's Chariot @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Diamondback @ Kings Island
Black Mamba @ Phantasialand
 Eejanaika @ Fuji-Q Highland
Space Mountain @ Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom 

El Toro @ Six Flags Great Adventure

Expedition GeForce @ Holiday Park

Round 1 order (random hat drawing):

Wednesday 2/5

1. 6p - 6:19p SFNEkid13

2. 6:20p - 6:39p Nitrokamedusamachine

3. 6:40p - 6:59p RC98

4. 7p - 7:19p Coasterfreak96

5. 7:20p - 7:39p Palmer

6. 7:40p - 7:59p GeorgeRRmartin

7. 8p - 8:19p MrsK

8. 8:20p - 8:39p Password121

9. 8:40p - 8:59p SFguy

Wednesday @ 9p (or when SFguy makes his pick) - Sunday @ 11am make up picks & trading

Round 2 (reverse order)

Sunday 2/9

1. 1p - 1:19p SFguy

2. 1:20p - 1:39p Password121

3. 1:40p - 1:59p MrsK

4. 2p - 2:19p GeorgeRRmartin

5. 2:20p - 2:39p Palmer

6. 2:40p - 2:59p CF96

7. 3p - 3:19p RC98

8. 3:20p - 3:39p Nitrokamedusamachine

9. 3:40p - 3:59p SFNEkid13

Sunday @ 3:59p (or when sfnekid makes his pick) - wednesday @ 4p make up picks & trading

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users