I searched and found an old version of this topic in the archives, so I'm reviving it as version 2.0...
As some of you who are FB friends with me know, I have a page dedicated to all the nonsense statements from the GP, and in 2012 I started doing an end-of-year countdown of the Top 10 that I've heard or been told about during the current year...
Here are the best of the best from 2013:
From the “Creepy or Not” Facebook page – urban legend stories of Comet at the defunct Lincoln Park in Dartmouth MA derailing and killing many riders, who then reportedly haunted the buildings long after the park closed permanently at the end of the 1987 season...
Submitted by Jimmy Boyadjis (fan of my FB page) – If anybody wants a riot... stand at the entrance of Skull Mountain at Great Adventure and listen to all of the following questions plus more:
What is this? Is it a restaurant? Is it a ride? Where is the ride? Is it inside? Is it a water ride? Is it scary? Does it go upside down?
And then there is the endless barrage of people wondering if a ride goes upside down even though most of the time you can clearly see that it doesn't...
Heard from a girl at Thunderbolt (SFNE) height-check pole on opening day 2013, also heard in the station of Thunderation (mine train coaster) at Silver Dollar City and from a British couple I rode with on Spinning Dragons at Worlds Of Fun, also heard in Cyclone (SFNE) line by SFNE Online forum user CanobieFan, also from SFNE Online forum user tge98 about Alpine Bobsled at TGE, and submitted by SFNE Online friend Sara – On the brake run after a ride on Bizarro (SFNE), a guy sitting in the car behind her points to the spaghetti bowl and says to the person sitting next to him,"I think we went upside down on that one turn there!"
Submitted by SFNE Online forum user koasterkid - posts on Knoebels' Facebook Page about Flying Turns (props to whoever runs that page for the awesome responses!):
Must say that I am not impressed in any way or fashion.
Knoebels Amusement Resort: Ok, we won't require that you ride it.
It kinda looks a little boring to me, no real big drops or anything
Knoebels Amusement Resort: I'll ask if we can add one for you. Related comment: Looks so totally and utter stupidly boring! Too many chain lifts, not enough speed, just boring. My grandkids would be bored on it. Is there an inride meal or movie to make it more interestung?
Knoebels Amusement Resort: We plan to offer spelling lessons.
The video on this is awful. I have absolutely no idea of what this ride ereally would be loike based on this video.
Knoebels Amusement Resort: Next time we'll hire Steven Spielberg.
Looks great just worry bout having NO control in section of the ride if n accident happens! Just like bobsledding, u have to wait till sled stops on its own if ever there is n issue! Heard dummy's were decapitated during previous tests! Knoebels Amusement Resort: Urban legend, no decapitations. We're still using the original dummies. Related comment: I love rollers coasters but this is one I would not ride. not to mention the dummies were decapitated on here during the test run, and that was spoken by one of the operators there. Knoebels Amusement Resort: Enough with the decapitation myths. Never happened. Even if you did hear it from your mother's cousin's sister's mail man who has a neighbor who works there.
Are you ready for a live test dummy? I'm volunteering.
Knoebels Amusement Resort: Me first. I've had to read all of this stuff.
I liked it. Looks like fun. Sorry Knoebels that you are getting such stupid comments back.
Knoebels Amusement Resort: That's the Internet for you.
Submitted by SFNE Online forum user koasterkid at Lake Compounce: Here is a good one. People waiting in line for Boulder Dash were watching a train come into the brake run. They said, "Look at those sparks from the train!" They thought the brakes were at the bottom of the hill and the flashes from the camera were sparks.
Submitted by SFNE Online forum user coast4airtime: My co-worker told me this today after his recent trip to Florida...
"We went on the wooden roller coaster (White Lightning) with the highest banked curve."
I told him he was wrong, it was banked at 90 degrees, and he replied with...
"No. They just changed it because some other wooden roller coasters came out and it had a 95 degree banked turn, so they made this one 100 degrees."
Now for the Top 10:
10. Submitted by SFNE Online forum user koasterkid - from Knoebels' Facebook Page about Flying Turns:
Any safety bars over head if this may flip over? I'm sure if it doesn't your response is ...oh that'll never happen....
Knoebels Amusement Resort: Seat belts & a roll bar. Also, it will never happen.
9. Submitted by SFNE Online forum user Mr. Scary – from a review of Bizarro (SFNE) - “...3rd or 4th name...”
8. Submitted by SFNE Online forum user Nadine – a young boy coming off Bizarro asked the operator, “Is this the fastest it can go?”
7. Submitted by SFNE Online forum user Sara – a couple of girls at SFNE looking for Superman, one of them stated that the coaster was now Bizarro – it gets renamed and repainted every time someone gets hurt on it or it breaks down so everyone forgets about the accident (Related comment submitted by SFNE Online forum user sfnerider: Heard the classic Superman to Bizarro change one at the beach the other day: Did you know that some guy on Superman got to the top and jumped out and committed sucide? And that's why they repainted it and changed the name so no one would know.)
6. In a photo posted on SFNE's Facebook page about GCG (opened in 2011), someone asked (in 2013) when it was coming to MA...
5. Submitted by Dan Nixon (site correspondent SFNEKid14) – a couple of kids left Bizarro's locker area because they were looking for Superman, they thought it got moved.
4. Submitted by SFNE Online forum user Mr. Scary – “Last year the train that Goliath was running was one from Mind Eraser”
3. Submitted by SFNE Online forum user Nadine – overheard someone talking about MF's restraints – they said “These restraints aren't enough to hold you in for the loop!”
2. At Dorney – a kid probably around 10 years old tried to tell me that someone fell out of Kingda Ka going up the top hat and died (OTSRs tend to prevent that unless seriously tampered with)...
And the Number One Nonsense GP Statement of 2013:
1. Submitted by SFNE Online forum user sfne13 – a friend of his asked him why he would want the flame cannons back on Bizarro (SFNE) & tried to tell him that the reason that SFNE removed them was because they burned someone so badly that they died.
Check out my GP Stupidity FB page and feel free to contribute - I will be doing another countdown in December!