Photo

What Would You Like To See For Fright Fest 2014?

21 replies to this topic

#1 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

I know I am one who loves Fright Fest. I was wondering what other people were looking forward to for this upcoming year? Returning mazes? SORA used as a hayride? Hopefully a flash pass system for the mazes. 

#2 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Enclose the Tea Cups and add music, strobes, fog, and lights like Terror Twister at SFGam.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Log Flume open (with the coin operated blasters turned off so you don't get soaked) and the water dyed red like some other parks have done in the past.

They probably won't put Flashpass on the mazes when they already charge more to skip the lines for the mazes and can get people to pay for both a Flashpass for the rides and also buy the skip the line pass for the mazes.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

I know at SFGAm they have the slash pass which gets you the mazes and a skip the line pass for each maze unlimited times. And thats only 20 dollars. We should do this too.

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

That's a much better price than what Great Adventure was charging last year. Here is a picture I took of the 2013 Fright Fest pricing.

IMG_3344_zpseb811011.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#6 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

I know!!! I don't know if our mazes were better so the prices were more or??? I would love to see Asylum, TD, and Voodoo Island return. VI i went so late that all the actors were tired but I heard people say it was there favorite. TD needs to be longer and I didn't do Wasteland. Was it good anyone?

#7 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Wasteland was pretty good. The only mazes that need work are total darkness and the manor. Total Darkness needs more actors and The Manor needs to be longer. In its new location, thelength was much shorter than years prior.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#8 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

SORA could provide a great environment for a haunted hayride. It's long, curvy, features plenty of woods and most importantly it's very much a secluded "no way out" environment. If done properly, it could be the best FF attraction in a long time. That's what i want to see.

DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#9 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I agree that would be a great attraction. I would like to see some new mazes added though. 

#10 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

idk about doing a haunted hayride where some animals are kept overnight.....I still don't see whats wrong with the old hayride route...I get Mark Kane didn't like the guests being taken thru back areas but the new mgmnt did the family one so I dont see why they can't bring it back.  As far as pricing look if they make it too cheap everyone will buy it and it wont be exclusive enough but if they make it too expensive its not profitable....they must have found $60 to be the price people were willing to pay for the exclusivity.  Its tough to argue  the prices of things if people are still buying

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#11 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Still for you to go into the mazes shouldn't be the same price as admission.

#12 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

idk about doing a haunted hayride where some animals are kept overnight.....I still don't see whats wrong with the old hayride route...I get Mark Kane didn't like the guests being taken thru back areas but the new mgmnt did the family one so I dont see why they can't bring it back.  As far as pricing look if they make it too cheap everyone will buy it and it wont be exclusive enough but if they make it too expensive its not profitable....they must have found $60 to be the price people were willing to pay for the exclusivity.  Its tough to argue  the prices of things if people are still buying

I think the draw about doing it in the safari is the uniqueness and potential that it brings. Even if it's only in certain areas of the safari, it would be a big draw and have a ton of potential. The vehicles already have seating(and an audio system) and they have over 20 of them, making the capacity of it excellent. The fact that half the safari is dense woods(allowing for better hiding of actors and scarier scenes without spending a ton on theming and props) AND it has a rest stop that can be taken advatage of is just another added benefit. Yes, it would be labor-intensive, but the price could be jacked up(due to the length of it and the uniqueness) or made up through shear volume with the capacity that it allows for.

DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#13 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

As dangerous as having a hayride being around the animals I think they could add to the scare factor

#14 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

a hayride for SORE wouldnt work because of how enclosed the SORA trucks are. it would be useless. Also, i would like maybe more mazes this year and for the mazes to be longer and scarier.

#15 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

My point is i highly doubt the state would ever allow them to do that as both a safety issue for the guests and the animals. Plus I just don't think SF would ever risk the safety of the animals like that even without the state intervening. Theres way too much of a safety concern in sending trucks thru a dark non-lit area where there are animals
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users