Photo

What Would You Like To See For Fright Fest 2014?

21 replies to this topic

#16 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Aren't most of the animals away in barns or shelter for the night? Maybe they would have enough of an area where they could run it without bothering the animals.

It's a shame the park doesn't have a train or antique cars anymore since those would work well at night for a Fright Fest attraction. Dorney used to run their train during Halloweekends in the dark and fog where scare actors would run right up to the train. For some reason they stopped either the year it changed over to Haunt or the year after that.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#17 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

My home park is Six Flags America and I went to Fright Fest my first time ever the final saturday of the 2013 season.  I have never been to Great Adventure's Fright Fest, but SFA's was okay.  The mazes were very short and low budget, and extremely overpriced.  I bought the pass for all mazes for the day with two friends, and went through three of the five mazes.  By around 8:00, the lines were extremely long for a short walk through that was very anti-climactic. My point is, although I haven't been to Great Adventure's Fright Fest, I would imagine they are pretty similar, so I doubt they would spend the money to use the SORA trucks and open up this new "guided tour" through SORA for one maze.  I would imagine that as long as Fright Fest is successful, they won't do much to change it, unless there is great interest and/or this idea is an "upcharge to the upcharge," meaning not included in regular maze admission.

#18 jayjay

jayjay

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

The manor and total darkness were bad last year. The lines got really long especially because they are right next to each other and had no ropes so people were just cutting like crazy. Total darkness wasn't really total darkness. I saw everything without the flashlight and it only had 3 ghouls the day I went. The best walk through was probably vodoo island but I like the year before better. They had the swamp guys blending in with trees which you could not even see them. 

I know it sounds like a lot of complaining but I can't stop comparing fright fest to what it was in the 90's. With the hayride you had Jason with a chainsaw, the talking tales from the crypt, the executioner show. It just seemed more fun back then. 

Now they just walk around with shovels and think it's scary. 

#19 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Without a doubt the 90's were much better.  The guillotine show was always fun and then you had the acrobatics going on right in the middle of the boardwalk and the mazes were much better plus the hayride.  But idk I feel like the park has severely lost its way once warner brothers sold the park it has progressively gotten worse.  I question the people in charge know what made the 90's fright fest so much more awesome even the hayride declined in awesomeness through the 00's.  But I can't question the success...the park is always packed for fright fest so what can we really say

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#20 jetsplumber

jetsplumber

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

great adventures 2013 fright fest was pretty weak.  they need to take some notes from how all the farms in PA and western nj do them.   2013 was just not scarry.  was pretty lame in my book.   and I have been to a ton of these things all over NJ and PA. 

#21 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

(I'm a bit late to the party lol) I'd like to see the actors in the themed sections of the park, ACTUALLY try to scare people. I would just walk right past them and they wouldn't try to scare me. I'd also like to see the mazes be included with general admission. Won't happen, but I'd like to see it.

#22 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Slightly off topic but this is so scary...will help us get into Fright Fest mode. “A Haunting at Summerwind” will re-air this Wednesday at 2am-3am on cable channel Destination America. It’s often called the most haunted mansion in the world. Too bad haunted house attractions wern't like this.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users