17 replies to this topic

#1 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

What areas would you like to see redone? My vote is Movietown/Old Country. We could use some life in that section of the park. Repaint Batman and bring back Movietown water effect. We need a shoot-the-chute ride. Batman style shooter in the building behind Batman? Any other ideas for Movietown or just another section of the park?

#2 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

A wooden coaster (GCI or RMC) in Old Country would be awesome! It would bring it back to life and bring crowds to that area again, and potentially remove that dead end. I don't know if we're going to see this happen though, it seems the focus is on the Golden Kingdom, at least for the next year or two. Speaking of that, there's a huge gap in RT's spot. No trees there after RT was there, so something has to go there.

#3 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

^ I strongly feel the RT layout will remain untouched for awhile they did that to create access to not only RT's land but all of the unused land in the safari which is now accessible to use as THEME PARK expansion because rolling thunder isnt there.  The amount of land that is now available for future expansion is enormous.  Let me rephrase that the amount of developed land that is available for expansion is enormous.  Gadv actually owns tons of land; they own the second most land then any theme park in the world, 2nd only to the entire WDW property.  BUt the problem is that when they try to build on forested area Jackson township and the EPA give them a really hard time.  But the amount of developed land now open for expansion is practically the size of half the park. You could legitly fit 2-3 new sections of the park in there.  And don't worry about it being a big deadend I see it being more like a wraparound from where ka's entrance is all the way out into the unused safari and back around to bizarro for a nice circular flow.  Granted this is years and years in the making but you get the point.

Management next year will have to decide what is more a pressing issue: 1. the long walk to zumanjaro or 2. not having a major new attraction on the west side of the park in 14 years.  I have no doubt whatever is coming in 2015 will either go in the area in and around chillers old location or rolling thunder's lot.  It wouldn't surprise me if gadv isn't even sure where yet.

But don't forget too the ride may dictate location too chillers location is tricky its small and yea they could use a lot of room around it but how much and how far is tough to say while RT's lot is practically open to whatever they want to do

I wanted to post the pic here but im on a chromebook which makes it tough to do pics.  But if you go here. You can see how much land is now open.  The baboon pen alone is gigantic and theres more then that, thats availble

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#4 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

Wow, that's a lot of land! If they can use all that land to its full potential, then I can finally see the real reason why they removed RT. Imagine we could finally see a 14th coaster! It reminds me of when the park was going to renovate a section each year (which ended up stopping after Plaza del Carnaval)- we could truly see great things!
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#5 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

^ You could fit 3-4 coasters in that area with other flat rides, restaurants, bathrooms, etc.... quite comfortably

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

first off, thats alot of land! Second, i have two predictions.

1st prediction:

Move the waterpark in the unused safari area. AND a rollercoaster of some type in rolling thunders area.

2nd prediction:

Expand the theme park out in the safair. Add a new themed area with a thrilling coaster and a family coaster (maybe). AND delete the area Adventure Seaport and add that to Adventure Alley.

#7 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

I would go with option 2- expanding the theme park.  With all the land open, a lot of NEW coasters and rides could be put there, that is a better use for the land than a relocated waterpark.  Imagine having new themed area(s) and a whole new portion of the park, it would be great!

My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#8 coasterkid15

coasterkid15

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

OR use 3/4 of rolling thunders area for a couple flat rides adding to both plaza del carnaval and golden kingdom then using the unused safair for coasters?

#9 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

I don't see the entire water park getting moved.  I know how much some of the management at gadv would love to see that but corporate would never spend the money cause they'd be spending a ton to get it out there and losing the second gate ticket income.  I mean a lot of things would have to be completely rebuilt like you can't just up and move a wave pool or a lazy river you have to completely rebuild them.  I just think we have to accept the water park will always be seperate gate.  The only chance I see it might get added to the park some day is once they do expand the park out into the unused safari is if they make a huge expansion to the water park to over take half the water park's parking lot and then the two areas would be really close.  I still think they'd be seperate gate but anyone with a double ticket they's build a gate entry there for.  But really thats a pipe dream imo I don't think it'll ever happen.

I think it will be a very gradual expansion into that area that will take years.  I think Rolling thunders area will become the GK overtime with flats getting added in that area.  I think everything north of Toro's twister section will become GK and everything south of Toro's twister section will become PDC (basically just enough for one flat or nothing in PDC.  Then whenever they decide to they'll build a coaster out in the new area with maybe a flat, restaurant, bathrooms and make it a new section like PDC was.  Then add on to that section over time, possibly even making a second new section out there.  These are years out though people possibly even decades out.  I hope tht whatever new section comes Bizarro gets a retheme and is put in that section on the map it never really fit where it is.....and god knows we don't need another dc comic secton.  But again patience and years, patience and years

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Before I had doubts that Gadv could expand without removing more and more rides but now that a chunk of the safari is now open, the possibilities are literally endless. I can only imagine what the park has in store for that plot of land. Im thinking a new themed area finally. With that being said, I'd much rather an addition (preferably RMC) on the east side of the park.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#11 ciaran75

ciaran75

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

when you say unused land, i thought Safari Off Road Adventure still operates there

#12 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

when you say unused land, i thought Safari Off Road Adventure still operates there

There are parts of the safari that are not part of SORA.

#13 BMac

BMac

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

Sora doesn't take you through the Baboons and the first area of the old drive through. From a vertical maps perspective Sora starts and ends right between where Bizarro and the arena are, ancd doesn't move very close to Bizarro at all.

#14 ciaran75

ciaran75

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

thanks guys,

been a few years since was at great adventure, hoping to go back next year.

from looking at google maps, that is a massive area of potential development above bizarro / arena entrance.

does the park own the unused cleared land to the right of the old wild safari road in top section?

trying to upload a pic but not sure if possible.

#15 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

I actually have a petition right now, trying to get them to add some life into some areas, and for us the get Holiday in the park: https://www.change.o...-looping-dragon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users